Tulsa's football helmets

uk-owns-iu

• 2 weeks later...

I know one thing, apparently that helmet was blue and white...it looked like they borrowed North Carolina's helmets instead. And I had to squint to see the Tulsa script. Clearly they didn't think this one through all the way. :therock:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yuck. Whole words on helmets is/are awful. I don't know why teams think it looks good. Even Texas Christian putting TCU is a bit much. I don't mind a singular letter - although I think a single letter works better for baseball - but multiple letters or words just doesn't look right. I guess Oklahoma could be the exception.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Yuck. Whole words on helmets is/are awful. I don't know why teams think it looks good. Even Texas Christian putting TCU is a bit much. I don't mind a singular letter - although I think a single letter works better for baseball - but multiple letters or words just doesn't look right. I guess Oklahoma could be the exception.

What? I have never heard anyone complain about Illinois, the old Giants' helmet, WSU's "Cougars" script, UCLA,

the Jets, Florida, etc. I think a "full word" is fine if done in a legible font at a reasonable size.

The problems with this helmet have nothing to do with the word Tulsa and everything to do with the wacky background and the huge size of the logo.

Archived