Nike Pro Combat NFL in 2012

GangGr33n FTW

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the Seahawks bring the royal blue back or at least the Kelly green. I doubt that it would be both colors. An interesting color combo would be royal blue and lime green. I'm hoping for silver again too. As much as I like their uniforms and colors now, I think they're getting stale looking and old. After all, it has been 10 years since they've been wearing those uniforms and colors.

I think its safe to say that any Seahawk change made by Nike will NOT be royal blue and kelly green. Not nearly "cool and cutting edge" enough for Nike. Plus, the navy and super bright green they currently flirt with is close to one of Nike's pet color schemes, anyway. Nike wouldn't miss a chance to imposing their corporate stamp on an NFL team, especially one so close to home.

Putting them back in an old look? Not Nike's style.

Altough we all realize by now that Nike will not be able to do whatever they want with each teams uniform without the teams consent, there is one (two) uniforms that they can go crazy with. The Pro Bowl.

But nobody would see those uniforms, because its the Pro Bowl and nobody watches the Pro Bowl.

spacer.png

Altough we all realize by now that Nike will not be able to do whatever they want with each teams uniform without the teams consent, there is one (two) uniforms that they can go crazy with. The Pro Bowl.

But nobody would see those uniforms, because its the Pro Bowl and nobody watches the Pro Bowl.

The pro bowl is the highest rated all star game

I think its safe to say that any Seahawk change made by Nike will NOT be royal blue and kelly green. Not nearly "cool and cutting edge" enough for Nike. Plus, the navy and super bright green they currently flirt with is close to one of Nike's pet color schemes, anyway. Nike wouldn't miss a chance to imposing their corporate stamp on an NFL team, especially one so close to home.

Seahawks President has publicly said the Seahawks will have a throwback royal blue, green and silver uniform from Nike. Also look for return of silver helmets. Look for them not to have the color monochrome uniform combo. The Seahawk blue hue has been difficult for manufacturers to match, could become a lighter shade.

oregon_state_hero_low_res.jpg

ohio_state_hero_low_res.jpg

2011-Ohio-State-Pro-Combat-Uniform-6.jpg

Oh, sure... they'll go throwback for one-timers. But I can't remember a time when they did so for a permanent primary look. I could be forgetting one, but I stand by my original statement... no way does Nike put Seattle into a royal and kelly throwback-inspired look as a full time primary.

oregon_state_hero_low_res.jpg

ohio_state_hero_low_res.jpg

2011-Ohio-State-Pro-Combat-Uniform-6.jpg

Oh, sure... they'll go throwback for one-timers. But I can't remember a time when they did so for a permanent primary look. I could be forgetting one, but I stand by my original statement... no way does Nike put Seattle into a royal and kelly throwback-inspired look as a full time primary.

You may be right, but over the last few years teams that changed for a new modern look have went have returned to their classic, old school uniforms. The Jets, 49ers, Bills, Cowboys, etc

Virginia Tech, Duke... UVA and Iowa State have new subdued looks... What permanent primary looks have they changed recently that have been that over the top?? Arizona st, Oregon... Boise? They haven't touched tons of classic looking uniforms... Plus don't schools/teams get the final say in what uniforms they wear? I'm sure Oregon and ASU asked for over the top uniforms.... At the end of the day, im sure whether or not Seattle goes back to Kelly green and royal would be up to the owner of the Seahawks, not NIKE.

90758391980.gif

Virginia Tech, Duke... UVA and Iowa State have new subdued looks... What permanent primary looks have they changed recently that have been that over the top?? Arizona st, Oregon... Boise? They haven't touched tons of classic looking uniforms... Plus don't schools/teams get the final say in what uniforms they wear? I'm sure Oregon and ASU asked for over the top uniforms.... At the end of the day, im sure whether or not Seattle goes back to Kelly green and royal would be up to the owner of the Seahawks, not NIKE.

Wow. The Nike worshippers are sure feeling a little touchy today.

OK... I'll try again. My original point was pretty simple. I DO NOT believe that, if Nike is asked by Seattle ownership to redesign the Seahawks' look, we will see them bring out a full-time primary based on the original uniform, nor will it be a new design utilizing the original colors.

This is just my opinion, that is all. I just don't think Nike, or the Seahawks, would take the opourtunity of a Nike rebrand to go in that direction.

I could be wrong, I'm wrong a lot. But I don't think I am this time.

If Seahawk ownership requests a Nike redesign, and they hit the field in a primary that looks like any pre-2000 Seahawk uniform, I'll eat a shoe. A Nike shoe. Which I'm sure some of you will actually believe will make me 50% lighter and 25% faster.

If the NFL allows Nike to make Pro Combat uniforms, they should make them once a year; probably the Super Bowl.

That's a big IF (which I don't see happening), but IF that was allowed by the NFL I think the Superbowl would probably be the last game on the schedule that they'd want them being used in.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

If the NFL allows Nike to make Pro Combat uniforms, they should make them once a year; probably the Super Bowl.

That's a big IF (which I don't see happening), but IF that was allowed by the NFL I think the Superbowl would probably be the last game on the schedule that they'd want them being used in.

Agreed, I could see Thanksgiving weekend from Thurs-Mon being the PC weekend.

Agreed, I could see Thanksgiving weekend from Thurs-Mon being the PC weekend.

also agreed. i dont see Pro Combat specials in the NFL at all but if there were to be a "special uniform week" i think Thanksgiving would be a good time to do it. or, create a sort of "rivalry week" in the middle of the season. all division games (or Pats/Colts and the like) with everyone wearing 1 off PC unis.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wow. The Nike worshippers are sure feeling a little touchy today.

OK... I'll try again. My original point was pretty simple. I DO NOT believe that, if Nike is asked by Seattle ownership to redesign the Seahawks' look, we will see them bring out a full-time primary based on the original uniform, nor will it be a new design utilizing the original colors.

This is just my opinion, that is all. I just don't think Nike, or the Seahawks, would take the opourtunity of a Nike rebrand to go in that direction.

I could be wrong, I'm wrong a lot. But I don't think I am this time.

If Seahawk ownership requests a Nike redesign, and they hit the field in a primary that looks like any pre-2000 Seahawk uniform, I'll eat a shoe. A Nike shoe. Which I'm sure some of you will actually believe will make me 50% lighter and 25% faster.

You never mentioned the Seahawks ownership at all before, so save your italics for someone else pal ... And I don't worship Nike, I just think you're a little obnoxious with your bias against Nike. You like old school uniforms. We get it. You even made your username say it just incase we forgot, thank you.

90758391980.gif

Thank you DC.....Everybodys freaking out over Nike taking over the uniforms and ALL the teams uniforms will change to a Nike wild style. Each NFL team and the NFL will have the final say on how they will look, not Nike. Nike will present and suggest many different styles, colors , and looks but in the end it will be up to each individual team. Sure their will be a different types of fabric and fit but it can be made to traditional team styles if the team wants it.

Archived