Continuing to take on the NHL...

elliott

Color scheme

Sleeve/pants strips (which I like A LOT)

Logo (although it does need to be shrunk down a little)

Dislikes:

Coyote head on the shoulders...honestly, with how busy the home and away are, I think they would look fine without a shoulder logo

Number font...it just doesn't seem to go with the very blocky stripe pattern

Alternate set breezers...I think they would look better black with the Northwestern stripes from the jersey

I really like the Coyotes set, reminds me of there 90's duds, which means they're close to perfect. Anyway, could do without the logos on the shoulder, and shrink the logo more so it doesn't go on the side panels. Other than that it looks rather nice, maybe a switch in font, those twos look odd.

I really REALLY love the detailing on the Coyotes home and away sweaters. I'd buy both of those!

Also agree with the comment about shrinking the coyote a bit. And what if you just made it black - a leaping coyote silhouette against the moon? just an idea.

But overall, really inspiring stuff here!! Great job and thanks for sharing.

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Sabres: Good, but the white jersey is way too busy. Clear up the striping.

Phoenix: Again, great job. However, you should use that same arm-striping pattern thing for waist stripes as well.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Buffalo: The hem and sleeve stripes that don't wrap around are distracting. The B below the crossed swords in the logo is unnecessary.

Phoenix: It's all in the details. Would teams really have full arm stripes that cover 90% of the arm? The tiny white/black space for the number just doesn't work. Also, try adding some hem stripes, because the jersey looks very unbalanced without them. As others have said, the number font doesn't work at all here. The sizing on the primary logo is off. A logo would never extend into the side panels like that. On the back, the proportions between the name and numbers are off. The name is too small. Shane Doan's jersey is missing the captain's C.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Updated Coyotes: A few changes here, smaller sleeve design, smaller crest logo, new, less rounded font, hem striping, new striping design that de-emphasizes black on the road, and the scrapping of an alternate for now.

coyotesidea2.gif

Ducks:

Well I personally believe that the Ducks are close to a great color palette, but not quite there yet. I replaced bronze with an off white that is also used as the base for the road jersey (just because there isn't one in the league right now). Green is also added to the palette. I used a simplified version of the D logo for the main crest, because I like that it is recognizable and distinctive. The secondary logo is a pretty simple mallard on a shield with a similar shape to the crest logo. I came up with an all new font, which I included all of the #s for. The alternate goes all-black with an emphasis on orange as the secondary color. The striping pattern on the jerseys is fairly simple, I just wanted it to be consistent and presented in a way that made the orange "pop".

ducks2011-2.gif

ducks2011-numbers.gif

I appreciate all comments. Thanks.

Wow the Ducks and Coyotes look great! I really like both new color palletes. I wouldn't change anything on the Coyotes. I would consider putting the alternate logo on the Duck's alt, but that is my only nitpick. Looking forward to more!

spacer.png

The Coyotes look fantastic. Perfect blend of old and new. And yeah, the leaping Coyote does look a lot better in front of the moon.

I like the Ducks set, but both logos need some minor tweaking. The d-foot doesn't look right with all that empty black space at the bottom. Love the mallard shield, and I think it'd look great on the front of a jersey. But I'd make adjustments to the eye and bill, maybe more stylised as jaha suggested. Also, bonus points for not using a wordmark :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Coyotes update is better and the Ducks look terrific. That secondary logo is awesome and deserves a spot on the front of the alt. I agree with wildwing that the black empty space doesn't look good and that you should put the colour shlash-thing that was there back there.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I missed these when you posted them, but I thought I would comment on them.

I really like the look of the Coyotes, all the jerseys were awesome, definitely something different, but they're really well done. I think it's a little weird that there is no green in the coyote head logo, maybe use it as the outline instead of the sand color?

I like the updated duck D, and the use of it on the jerseys. The jerseys themselves are really well done as well, I love the off-white away one. I agree with Jaha about the actual Duck logo, it's a great rendering, but something a bit more stylized would be cool to see. Also, really nice custom font, looks professional and suits the Ducks.

I really like everything here so far, hopefully you've got some more concepts for us.

The Coyotes update is fantastic. I'd suggest losing the current logo that you retained on the shoulders. It just doesn't fit in with the scheme you've developed. Maybe use a recoloured Arizona/PHX logo?

The Ducks look pretty cool as well. I love the colour scheme, and bonus points for coming up with a Ducks concept that doesn't revert back to the Disney logo or colour scheme.

Does anyone know how to fix a desk? My jaw just broke a hole in mine.

Holy crap those jerseys are awesome.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You've nailed the Coyotes, elliott. Those unis are really nice.

The Ducks are close. I really like the alts.

I think that the arm striping on the arms, on the homes and aways, should be slid down a bit to give your numbers a little more room.

I agree with the others on the logos. For whatever reasons the webfoot "D" looks better with the uniform black outline around it.

The secondary logo is a nice rendering of a duck...

But she's too nice a duck.

Archived