NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Got your Vaseline handy there, chief? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious if they're going to introduce team specific forearm sleeves, ala what Josh Cribbs has rigged together over recent years.

JoshCribbs.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Man I love YouTube...

From the Nike BOOM video in September where they yelled a lot...

"Im :censored:ing stoked nike pro combat uniforms are going to be in the nfl! I hope my niners get a uniform change out with the old in with the new! hopefully all nfl teams will have different combinations each week like the oregon ducks did, so maybe the fans can have a vote on which uniforms/logos/color scheme changes they liked the best that would be the best way to do it."

Comments are the best.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

"Im :censored:ing stoked nike pro combat uniforms are going to be in the nfl! I hope my niners get a uniform change out with the old in with the new! hopefully all nfl teams will have different combinations each week like the oregon ducks did, so maybe the fans can have a vote on which uniforms/logos/color scheme changes they liked the best that would be the best way to do it."

What a moron.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Teams are either black-shoe or white-. These wouldn't be allowed in games.

So why would Nike go through the process of designing team-color cleats for every team in the league, if they can't be worn in games?

Probably because they're in the merchandise business.

We have a winner.

They can sell as many pairs of cleats and gloves as the public will buy. Doesn't mean that they can be worn on the field.

Reebok was selling on-field and sideline merchandise, which only takes you so far. But Nike is prepared to brand any matter of lifestyle wear in team colors, so they'll be able to exploit the license in ways Reebok couldn't have dreamed.

And this, boys and girls, is why Nike was willing to overpay to get the NFL license. We wondered what Nike would be selling to make the contract worth twice what Reebok was used to paying, and now we know. Shoes, for starters.

You've got this backward. Nike's portion of the contract is only for on-field and sideline merchandise, while Reebok's contract allowed them to also sell in fanwear, headwear and all the other avenues. Overall, Reebok's license had a much larger scope than Nike's, at less than half of what Nike is paying. I'm assuming that cleats qualify as on-field merchandise, but since the cleats don't seem to have team logos on them, I don't know if they are even considered licensed product, which might be a loophole that Nike is exploiting.

Reebok did sell NFL shoes, just not cleats.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So why would Nike go through the process of designing team-color cleats for every team in the league, if they can't be worn in games?

We have a winner.

They can sell as many pairs of cleats and gloves as the public will buy. Doesn't mean that they can be worn on the field.

Reebok was selling on-field and sideline merchandise, which only takes you so far. But Nike is prepared to brand any matter of lifestyle wear in team colors, so they'll be able to exploit the license in ways Reebok couldn't have dreamed.

And this, boys and girls, is why Nike was willing to overpay to get the NFL license. We wondered what Nike would be selling to make the contract worth twice what Reebok was used to paying, and now we know. Shoes, for starters.

You've got this backward. Nike's portion of the contract is only for on-field and sideline merchandise, while Reebok's contract allowed them to also sell in fanwear, headwear and all the other avenues. Overall, Reebok's license had a much larger scope than Nike's, at less than half of what Nike is paying. I'm assuming that cleats qualify as on-field merchandise, but since the cleats don't seem to have team logos on them, I don't know if they are even considered licensed product, which might be a loophole that Nike is exploiting.

All articles printed in October reported Nike can sell "fan gear". Exclusive maker for uniforms and sideline apparel, plus "fan gear". This according to the New York Times, among many sources...

NYT Nike article

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

We have a winner.

Reebok is outta here Broseph.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

*shudders at use of the word 'broseph'* So yeah, what the hell was the announcement?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Broseidon and Brohammad are great. A lot more clever.

(**) (**) (**)(*) (*)

twitter

I think the Chiefs' cleats are interesting. That yellow looks very dark and the white looks very grey. Surely that's just a lighting issue...right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!?!

I love the Chiefs logo, colors, and uniforms. Maybe they opted for the grey on the shoes only because it is a neutral color.

ap-201201291951715115775.1.jpg

LOVE that green and especially when it is paired with navy.

Does anyone else wish they would tweak that green and make it just a tad greener?? I feel like it just doesn't pop as much as it could, like someone put just a drop of brown in the paint can

Archived