NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I think of them as the :censored:-y uniforms that replaced these beauties.

BfLE5kwmkKGrHqUOKiUErzh3hD4BLK0wi7F.jpg

You mean those L.A. Colts unis?

Right, because at the time, the Colts were the only team in the NFL that had blue and white as part of their color scheme.

van-pelt.jpg

0825_large.jpg

Luckily for the Rams, once they went to blue and gold, their colors didn't look at all like anyone else's...

fouts81pf-1.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think of them as the :censored:-y uniforms that replaced these beauties.

Yeah but the Giants and Bills at least had some red in their uniforms.

But I agree about the San Diego rip off or did the Chargers rip off the Rams ??

BfLE5kwmkKGrHqUOKiUErzh3hD4BLK0wi7F.jpg

You mean those L.A. Colts unis?

Right, because at the time, the Colts were the only team in the NFL that had blue and white as part of their color scheme.

van-pelt.jpg

0825_large.jpg

Luckily for the Rams, once they went to blue and gold, their colors didn't look at all like anyone else's...

fouts81pf-1.jpg

#DTWD #GoJaguars

fouts81pf-1.jpg

The Rams went blue and yellow (the second time) before the Chargers switched to blue helmets. They didn't try to look like the Chargers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You don't have to be in your 50's (which, for the record, I'm not) to appreciate;

Sorry. 60s.

A. The Rams have a long a rich history, and...

Intellectually this is understood. However, emotionally and viscerally, this doesn't change the fact that all the players I

associate with those uniforms (HINT-THEY DIDN'T WIN THE SUPER BOWL) typically played like sick nuns and lost a lot. Which leads to a general association of the uniforms with failure and despair. And a desire to never see them again. I'm pretty sure that if instead of the Purple People Eaters you got a bunch of jokers who played like flaming sacks of :censored: during your formative period of fandom, you wouldn't wax nostalgic for the unis they wore either.

B. Tony Banks, even if all your doing is discussing the St. Louis Rams, is a silly name to drop. He is less than a footnote. I just think it makes you seem like your straining to add some phony level of insignificance to the previous uniforms.

Tony Banks was the starter for two of the four years they wore those uniforms.

The St. Louis Rams wore those uniforms for five seasons, not four. 1995-1999 is five seasons.

OK 3 out of 5. See, it was so bad I actually repressed an entire :censored: ing SEASON.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thank you that is some of the point I'm making on my end. Is that 5 season of the blue & yellow in stl they had one Super Bowl winning season !! Still winning the Super Bowl, but with a 35-45 record not during 95-99

Toss out the Super Bowl and it's 22-42. And 91-94 wasn't exactly much to write home about for those banging the drum of the "history" of these unis. It takes a decade-long effort to be the losingest team of the 1990s.

Plus since going to the fancy Navy & Gold yes they started off well but still LOST a Super Bowl in them.

You mean got dicked out of a Super Bowl by (rest of post deleted to avoid generating massive flamewar)

and just in the last 5 years they have an overall record of 15-65 in the navy & gold honestly to me that's worse then what went on during the mid/late 90's .

But in the case of those unis there's a 4-5 year run with an awesome offense to fall back on.
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Intellectually this is understood. However, emotionally and viscerally, this doesn't change the fact that all the players I associate with those uniforms (HINT-THEY DIDN'T WIN THE SUPER BOWL)

You say this, and yet the Rams did win the Super Bowl in these uniforms. You've said that you associate that team with the current set, but that doesn't change the fact that those players, for most everyone else, are tied to the royal and athletic gold look.

You keep trying to say we shouldn't consider that Super Bowl win as being part of that look's legacy, but it is. That team didn't win anything in the navy and old gold look. They won it all in royal and athletic gold.

For what it's worth (not much, I know) I associate the Super Bowl rams with the current set (with gold pants of course) even though I saw them win it in the old set. It just seems like Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Tory Holt, and the other key players (save Isaac Bruce) really became household names in the navy set.

I associate the royal and gold set with LA, and Eric Dickerson, Jim Everett, and Jerome Bettis (even though he didn't wear it long.) Isaac Bruce is the only Super Bowl Ram I think of in that set (he was on that team, right?)

I find it pointless to argue with someone over who he personally associates an era with - it's like arguing with someone that they should hate broccoli when in fact they like it. It's just opinion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I associate the royal and gold set with LA, and Eric Dickerson, Jim Everett, and Jerome Bettis (even though he didn't wear it long.) Isaac Bruce is the only Super Bowl Ram I think of in that set (he was on that team, right?)

He was. Other players on the 1999 team that also played for the Rams in LA were Todd Lyght, DeMarco Farr, and Keith Lyle

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Seahawks update? I have no link to prove this, but I was talking to a current player here at the Pike and they do in fact have 3 jerseys this upcoming season and none are a throwback. They are blue, white, and silver (why??!!). There are also 3 new pants and all 3 have wings on them (that supports the feathers rumor). The socks are blue with silver at the top. Also, the helmet was "glossy" and not flat/matte. He also thinks there was green around the borders of the numbers on all 3 jerseys as well.

Again, this is by no means proof since I can't back any of this up. I guess it's just a FYI, lol. I for one am sad to hear no throwback. I would love to see my boys play 2 games in the old Largent era uniforms. I really hope this gentleman was just messing with me, but he's never been that type in the past. I suppose we will all find out in 30 days are so.

Toss out the Super Bowl and it's 22-42. And 91-94 wasn't exactly much to write home about for those banging the drum of the "history" of these unis. It takes a decade-long effort to be the losingest team of the 1990s.

But... they did win the Super Bowl in them. You're telling people, "Well, if you take out the good times, we had a whole lot of bad times." Try telling that to fans of the 13 teams (nearly half the league) that haven't won a Super Bowl, or the fans of the teams who haven't won one in decades. They won the freaking Super Bowl. Those uniforms represent the greatest team, season and the start of the greatest era in Rams history.

Also, the Rams were quite good in the 1970s and 1980s in blue and yellow.

Also, the Rams were not the losingest team of the 1990s. The Bengals have 6 more losses from 1990-1999. Not sure if there are other teams worse than that, but, whatever. The lesson is: do your research.

But in the case of [the navy blue and gold] unis there's a 4-5 year run with an awesome offense to fall back on.

They have three winning seasons in a twelve year run with the current uniforms, along with two .500 finishes. Four playoff appearances. One Super Bowl loss as a huge favorite. Man, those are the days.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Seahawks update? I have no link to prove this, but I was talking to a current player here at the Pike and they do in fact have 3 jerseys this upcoming season and none are a throwback. They are blue, white, and silver (why??!!). There are also 3 new pants and all 3 have wings on them (that supports the feathers rumor). The socks are blue with silver at the top. Also, the helmet was "glossy" and not flat/matte. He also thinks there was green around the borders of the numbers on all 3 jerseys as well.

Again, this is by no means proof since I can't back any of this up. I guess it's just a FYI, lol. I for one am sad to hear no throwback. I would love to see my boys play 2 games in the old Largent era uniforms. I really hope this gentleman was just messing with me, but he's never been that type in the past. I suppose we will all find out in 30 days are so.

Thank you! Its good to hear news about my Seahawks in this thread that has totally been Ram-jacked. If this is true, I'm not sure how I'll feel about them. But like you said, only another month until we find out.

Thank you! Its good to hear news about my Seahawks in this thread that has totally been Ram-jacked. If this is true, I'm not sure how I'll feel about them. But like you said, only another month until we find out.

I'm not very happy, but maybe they will look nice. When I mentioned the throwback, I was told, "nah, it's silver". :cry:

I'm not very happy, but maybe they will look nice. When I mentioned the throwback, I was told, "nah, it's silver". :cry:

I will admit I don't think I will be a fan of these wings that they are talking about. The silver alternate could be interesting even though I would love to see them go back to the old Largent era throwbacks too. Any mention of what kind of blue it's going to be? Will the helmet be silver or will it be blue?

I will admit I don't think I will be a fan of these wings that they are talking about. The silver alternate could be interesting even though I would love to see them go back to the old Largent era throwbacks too. Any mention of what kind of blue it's going to be? Will the helmet be silver or will it be blue?

No idea, sorry. I hope these supposed wings look good. I keep having visions of the old Adidas shoes with the wings.

For what it's worth (not much, I know) I associate the Super Bowl rams with the current set (with gold pants of course) even though I saw them win it in the old set. It just seems like Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Tory Holt, and the other key players (save Isaac Bruce) really became household names in the navy set.

I find it pointless to argue with someone over who he personally associates an era with - it's like arguing with someone that they should hate broccoli when in fact they like it. It's just opinion.

Valid point. I'm done with the Ramjacking.. It is what it is.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

But... they did win the Super Bowl in them. You're telling people, "Well, if you take out the good times, we had a whole lot of bad times." Try telling that to fans of the 13 teams (nearly half the league) that haven't won a Super Bowl, or the fans of the teams who haven't won one in decades. They won the freaking Super Bowl. Those uniforms represent the greatest team, season and the start of the greatest era in Rams history.

Except, as mentioned earlier, they shouldn't have been wearing them in the first place.

Good for them. That was in another city before I was born and before the Frontiere rot had truly begun to set in.

Also, the Rams were not the losingest team of the 1990s. The Bengals have 6 more losses from 1990-1999. Not sure if there are other teams worse than that, but, whatever. The lesson is: do your research.

No, you do YOUR research. The Rams went into the 1999 season as the worst NFL teams of the 90s to that point. It's a rather integral part of the whole mythos of the 1999 team.

But in the case of [the navy blue and gold] unis there's a 4-5 year run with an awesome offense to fall back on.

They have three winning seasons in a twelve year run with the current uniforms, along with two .500 finishes. Four playoff appearances. One Super Bowl loss as a huge favorite. Man, those are the days.

Far better than the Banks run proportionately. And I would again request that we refrain from bringing up the Super Bowl loss as a reason why one uniform should be privileged over another. I don't want to have a flame war with the Boston contingent. It's kind of a dumb argument if you think about it. Suppose the Patriots had gone beyond the impossible and beaten the 1985 Bears. Would that have suddenly made Pat Patriot sacrosanct and inviolate despite the preceding years of futility. One year does not validate or vindicate years of failure.

Today, we are all otaku.

Except, as mentioned earlier, they shouldn't have been wearing them in the first place.

Good for them. That was in another city before I was born and before the Frontiere rot had truly begun to set in.

No, you do YOUR research. The Rams went into the 1999 season as the worst NFL teams of the 90s to that point. It's a rather integral part of the whole mythos of the 1999 team.

Far better than the Banks run proportionately. And I would again request that we refrain from bringing up the Super Bowl loss as a reason why one uniform should be privileged over another. I don't want to have a flame war with the Boston contingent. It's kind of a dumb argument if you think about it. Suppose the Patriots had gone beyond the impossible and beaten the 1985 Bears. Would that have suddenly made Pat Patriot sacrosanct and inviolate despite the preceding years of futility. One year does not validate or vindicate years of failure.

Well if you look @ it from that view point the Rams went to the Super Bowl 2 times with the blue and yellow once in LA & once in Stl with the WIN in STL.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

No idea, sorry. I hope these supposed wings look good. I keep having visions of the old Adidas shoes with the wings.

I'm interested to see the feather pattern & how it fits into the uniform and how much more Sliver then green there will be and what green it will be. Everything I've been hearing is navy silver uniforms but a modern look & sliver helmet.

But the Sliver uniform is a twist.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

fouts81pf-1.jpg

The Rams went blue and yellow (the second time) before the Chargers switched to blue helmets. They didn't try to look like the Chargers.

Yeah, I know. I worded that poorly. What I meant was that the Rams aren't the only team to wear blue and gold. Much like the Colts weren't the only team with blue and white in their color scheme back when the Rams were wearing blue and white. I was just trying to point out that color combinations aren't limited to one team.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived