NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Josh Looney, who works for the Chiefs, more specifically KCChiefs.com, just tweeted this.

"One of the few things Nike will let me show u before they take over NFL apparel. Pretty cool."

AnP0OwXCAAAiLUi.jpg

So it looks like a pretty basic jacket. And the shirt looks like it says "Chiefs Just Do It"

That's one of Nike's basic jacket templates. It's the Nike Detroyer, I think. If I had to guess, they'll probably have the N98 jacket template available for everyone too. It's the track jacket template that Nike sells for almost all of the teams they outfit (USA Soccer, Inter Milan, etc, and their NCAA Elite teams).

except for the missing hood it's a pretty similar style to the light to medium weight jackets that have been on the sidelines the last few seasons...and for that matter this style of jacket and others have been adopting more of a sporty/technical look.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Looney, who works for the Chiefs, more specifically KCChiefs.com, just tweeted this.

"One of the few things Nike will let me show u before they take over NFL apparel. Pretty cool."

AnP0OwXCAAAiLUi.jpg

So it looks like a pretty basic jacket. And the shirt looks like it says "Chiefs Just Do It"

That's one of Nike's basic jacket templates. It's the Nike Detroyer, I think. If I had to guess, they'll probably have the N98 jacket template available for everyone too. It's the track jacket template that Nike sells for almost all of the teams they outfit (USA Soccer, Inter Milan, etc, and their NCAA Elite teams).

It's hilarious how the Nike swoosh is above the NFL shield. Their gall really knows no bounds

Gall? Please. Who are they trying to make money for?

Stop treating the licence like it is for some philanthropic purpose.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

AnP0OwXCAAAiLUi.jpg

It's hilarious how the Nike swoosh is above the NFL shield. Their gall really knows no bounds

I'm sure people with that type of mentality would bitch no matter where Nike stuck their Swoosh logo. The jacket is definitely underwhelming though. :sleeping:

I'm sure people with that type of mentality would bitch no matter where Nike stuck their Swoosh logo. The jacket is definitely underwhelming though. :sleeping:

What type of mentality?

What type of mentality?

That Nike's placement of their Swoosh logo had some sort of hidden meaning. I fail to see any "gall" with that promotion sign.

What type of mentality?

That Nike's placement of their Swoosh logo had some sort of hidden meaning. I fail to see any "gall" with that promotion sign.

Nike may not have intended it as a show of ego, but the NFL was always adamant about never allowing any logos to be placed above the NFL shield on its apparel. That promo sign probably just didn't have to go through NFL legal.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nike Bills shirt. Pretty sweet if you ask me!

Nike-Buffalo-Bills-T-Shirt-2.jpg

I like that. It's nothing new, of course, that Nike or Reebok haven't done before, but at least it's not offensively bad. I'd wear it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

AnP0OwXCAAAiLUi.jpg

I see this, and I gain hope. It actually looks like something practical for everyday wear.

Unlike this:

808112826.jpg

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

AnP0OwXCAAAiLUi.jpg

I see this, and I gain hope. It actually looks like something practical for everyday wear.

Unlike this:

808112826.jpg

not really a like comparison at all...you're comparing a track jacket (player sideline) to a light/medium jacket/shell (coach sideline)

Was That a new colts helmet during the peyton press confrence on the podium?

peyton-manning-jim-irsay1.jpg

Oh snap the Colts are starting a new era of blue helmets that Manning is leaving .... ?

Nope, they have always had this logo on their podium. Nothing new.

Those Reebok track jackets were the best thing Reebok ever did during their reign, the pant striping across the front was terrific...it actually looked more like a jacket Nike would have created.

Those Reebok track jackets were the best thing Reebok ever did during their reign, the pant striping across the front was terrific...it actually looked more like a jacket Nike would have created.

I completely agree...when I was looking at bears jackets several months ago the reebok track jackets actually seemed to be as acceptable as some of the vintage track jackets that mitchell and ness was selling...considering that I've hated 99% of nfl reebok product I was quite impressed with this final effort and it was if they were channeling a nike design.

I completely agree...when I was looking at bears jackets several months ago the reebok track jackets actually seemed to be as acceptable as some of the vintage track jackets that mitchell and ness was selling...considering that I've hated 99% of nfl reebok product I was quite impressed with this final effort and it was if they were channeling a nike design.

Three things sucked about that program:

1. we couldn't put three-stripe designs (Bears sleeve design, 49ers sleeve design, even the Browns' sleeve design) on the apparel because adidas and Reebok do not cross-pollinate. I thought that was garbage. A team identity is a team identity.

2. The curvy, swoopy stripes are awful. They were originally straight (still chevron shape, but uniform width the whole way across). The NHL versions of these were able to retain the straight striping, and it looked a ton better.

3. After the whole thing was done, all the graphics created with unique striping on every team's gear, the factory that was producing the stuff came back and said that this was too many unique designs for them to handle. We had to pare it down to something like 12 unique patterns that had to be able to be colored up in various teams' colors. So some teams got their unique striping on there, but others were sacrificed to using generic stripes.

Basically, that jacket, and the line that went with it = nightmare.

Was That a new colts helmet during the peyton press confrence on the podium?

peyton-manning-jim-irsay1.jpg

Oh snap the Colts are starting a new era of blue helmets that Manning is leaving .... ?

Nope, they have always had this logo on their podium. Nothing new.

I was kidding because of what some else said.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived