College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

The aTm isn't beveled on the helmet because TexAgs would have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions if it was.

If that's the case then the bevel should have been dropped all together. It's the one thing holding back an otherwise great set.

A&M fans have been begging for that since Nike introduced it. Yet, even with Adidas, it continues.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the bevel makes the set. It looks absolutely fantastic. What's ruining the uniform for me is the undershirt. Extending the stripes on them just has never worked, and I don't understand why you'd try to make a non-mandatory piece of gear part of the jersey

Manchester-City-icon.png

I think the bevel makes the set. It looks absolutely fantastic. What's ruining the uniform for me is the undershirt. Extending the stripes on them just has never worked, and I don't understand why you'd try to make a non-mandatory piece of gear part of the jersey

I'm not sure that's what they're trying to do. I bet we'll still see plenty of sleeveless guys wearing just the jersey. I think it is just a way of continuing the double stripe visual for those who choose to wear the undershirt. That way, regardless of whether you wear just the jersey or the jersey with the shirt, you'll see the full stripe running the length of the player's sleeves for his individual garments he is wearing.

I'm not sure that's what they're trying to do. I bet we'll still see plenty of sleeveless guys wearing just the jersey. I think it is just a way of continuing the double stripe visual for those who choose to wear the undershirt. That way, regardless of whether you wear just the jersey or the jersey with the shirt, you'll see the full stripe running the length of the player's sleeves for his individual garments he is wearing.

yea, it dosent matter if a player does or dosent wear the undershirt, everyone ends up with the same design. thats something we havent yet seen with design that are similar.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea, it dosent matter if a player does or dosent wear the undershirt, everyone ends up with the same design. thats something we havent yet seen with design that are similar.

Yeah I agree...in that regard it is a better idea than some of those striped sleeves Nike made for a few NPC sets (like Oregon State). That's because while some players would have the striped sleeves, others wouldn't. It relegated the jersey design to an accessory that was up to the player whether he wanted to wear it or not. With this, every player will look the same, with the same two vertical stripes. The only thing that differs is the length of his stripes, depending on his sleeve preferences. I think that is a very good idea.

i dig the TAMU set.

im sure lots of folks will ditch the striped undershirts. just like with nike schools, lots of players will likely go sans-sleeves or solid colors. wouldnt be surprised if the socks were gone too, replaced with the traditional solid whites.

i always wonder how much more hate a new set would get if it had swooshes on it. but i digress...

i always wonder how much more hate a new set would get if it had swooshes on it. but i digress...

Oh please. Most posters here don't blindly hate everything Nike does. Nike can, and has, produce(d) some really nice uniform sets. It's the trends Nike pushes that people take issue with.

If these new A&M uniforms were Nike-produced most everyone would be praising them for resisting the urge to introduce multiple helmets and three shades of grey.

If Nike had made those uniforms, I'd actually be surprised if gray was missing since there's at least some recent precedent for A&M wearing some gray.

Overall, though, it's a good design and would be no matter what manufacturer logo is on it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Has anyone noticed that the new Texas A&M set has a v-neck collar and not the weird boxy collar the Adidas tech fit jerseys have used this past season? Looks a whole lot better.

Wow. Surprised none of us saw that. Surprised I didnt notice that. I'm usually such a nerd about these details.

Has anyone noticed that the new Texas A&M set has a v-neck collar and not the weird boxy collar the Adidas tech fit jerseys have used this past season? Looks a whole lot better.

Huge improvement. I hated that design.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow. Surprised none of us saw that. Surprised I didnt notice that. I'm usually such a nerd about these details.

ahh yeah I originally missed that as well, the same way I am just now noticing Ryan Tannehill's wife sporting a new jersey in the background of the pic above.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Oh please. Most posters here don't blindly hate everything Nike does. Nike can, and has, produce(d) some really nice uniform sets. It's the trends Nike pushes that people take issue with.

If these new A&M uniforms were Nike-produced most everyone would be praising them for resisting the urge to introduce multiple helmets and three shades of grey.

This set includes multiple helmets and introduces a shade of grey.

i believe they meant 3-4 helmets, black/anthracite helmets/jerseys/pants and using gray as a jersey or helmet or pants just because it has the slightest detail on past jerseys

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Multiple helmets?

But there's no black, charcoal, and/or and anthracite helmets and that one shade of grey is limited to number beveling. They didn't go nuts with it like say, Washington State did. I think that's what Ice is getting at.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

But there's no black, charcoal, and/or and anthracite helmets and that one shade of grey is limited to number beveling. They didn't go nuts with it like say, Washington State did. I think that's what Ice is getting at.

Plus they didn't introduce a shade of grey, A&M has been wearing grey as an accent for a while now, which is how it is used in the new uniforms.

spacer.png

Archived