College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

They called the helmets "anodized maroon." It's a new texture developed by HGI that's almost a hybrid between matte and glossy. Notice this difference between these two...

Story.jpgimage-300x245.jpg

Also, HGI says this: A matte finish is simply a low gloss clear coat over a base paint. Our process uses a semi-transparent HydroSkin layer applied through water that gives a more layered look with depth. The Texas A&M is a very subtle change but the process can go from mild to wild if the team wants to.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that the slight angle between the top of the A and the T, and the angle between the top of the M and the T are still there on the helmet. In other words, the A and M are just slightly angled towards the T. Been like that for years, but only on helmets

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Interesting that the slight angle between the top of the A and the T, and the angle between the top of the M and the T are still there on the helmet. In other words, the A and M are just slightly angled towards the T. Been like that for years, but only on helmets

I think that's just a result of when you put a 2D sticker on a 3-dimensional surface.

They called the helmets "anodized maroon." It's a new texture developed by HGI that's almost a hybrid between matte and glossy. Notice this difference between these two...

I like the finish. I often find the matte look to be to dull, while the glossy look is too far the other way. This is about perfect. Satin looking like an old leather helmet. Although, with the fabrics used for the jerseys getting flatter and duller, maybe matte is the best match.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think that's just a result of when you put a 2D sticker on a 3-dimensional surface.

Yeah you're pretty much right. Problem is the Aggies use three decals on each side, one decal per letter, which accentuates curved surface. If it was one decal for the whole logo, the angles would disappear.

i think i've seen the hybrid matte/glossy look on a helmet before. just don't know where. maybe i haven't.

Could this have been it?

TCU-2011-2012-Pro-Combat-Football-Helmet-Riddell-Speed-12.jpg

that's it

i think i've seen the hybrid matte/glossy look on a helmet before. just don't know where. maybe i haven't.

I think the Seahawks did that.

those too. hgi make all of them?

You really can't tell anything from those pictures because they are from completely different lighting settings (not to metion the MSU pic being taken on an iPhone). However, I am imaging the ATM helmets' finish will look like the unpainted colored shells used by the Bears and Steelers. They are duller than shiny painted helmets, but they are far from the matte look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah you're pretty much right. Problem is the Aggies use three decals on each side, one decal per letter, which accentuates curved surface. If it was one decal for the whole logo, the angles would disappear.

I don't think that's true. They look connected to me on these pics.

Interesting that the slight angle between the top of the A and the T, and the angle between the top of the M and the T are still there on the helmet. In other words, the

A and M are just slightly angled towards the T. Been like that for years, but only on helmets

I don't think that's true. They look connected to me on

these pics.

Yeah I guess I can't argue you and say otherwise for sure, really. If they are connected, it's a heck of a die-cut in the middle of the logo. Trying to find a great picture, but having trouble.

Love the Aggies' set. They are now my favorite in the SEC alongside Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU.

really digging the road version

LDDALPOQOWQKQCN.20120712225748.JPG

Man, looking at that picture just reinforced to me how great they would look without the undershirt

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I don't like how there are two stripes on the sleeves and only one on the pants. The helmet should also have a white facemask. For the beveling to be the only bit of gray on the uni's, the facemask looks extremely out of place. Oh, and why isn't the aTm beveled on the helmet? It would flow better with the numbers.

The aTm isn't beveled on the helmet because TexAgs would have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions if it was.

If that's the case then the bevel should have been dropped all together. It's the one thing holding back an otherwise great set.

Archived