College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Another original idea from Adidas

I wonder if this will and them in legal trouble

why does Adidas get the blame for "copying" ideas? they're the designers, not the client. its likely EC requested the wings

Actually the wings are available in the 2012 adidas catalog

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw in the photos that Eastern Michigan had the logoed gloves...Does anyone know how many more teams will be getting the for Adidas (Im hoping Bowling Green)

I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I know Akron had them last year along with most of the other Adidas schools.

As pointless as arguing adidas is with you, I'll bite:

Nike did gloves in color as soon as the college rules allowed and in the NFL long before that.

Nike did neon-trim basketball uniforms before adidas' all-neon uniforms this year. Distinction without a difference IMO.

And Nike beat adidas with the tiger-camo stuff, too.

FF_735548ALT1_xl.jpg

1. I'm talking about the 'palm salute' gloves in particular. Everybody's done gloves in color for decades, adidas was the first to do the 'palm salute' gloves in color as Nike's first batch of those were in greyscale.

2. Neon trim and full-on neon is, in fact, a difference, no matter how you slice it. Nike wasn't the first to do neon, trim or otherwise. Neither was adidas. It's a trend, like any other design element, that was born 5+ years ago in the fashion world. Nike took one approach adapting it to sports, choosing to outfit teams in uniforms with neon trim. adidas took another approach, choosing to create outfits in bolder, full-scale neon fabrics. There are differing opinions as to which approach is better, but it's not a case of adidas aping Nike. That would be like saying Nike is aping whatever team first added grey trim to their uniform as a non-school color accent by coming out with grey uniforms.

3. That's not a tiger-stripe pattern, but it does look similar at a glance, so I'll give you that one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The SEC logo looks nice but I think it's dumb for a conference the caliber of the SEC to have to put its patch on jerseys. I have always liked that the Big Ten doesn't force a conference patch on its members.

Isn't the Big 10 the only BCS conference that doesn't wear some sort of identifier patch on their unis?

gYH2mW9.png

I'll be stunned if that SEC circle is on the actual jerseys instead of the standard flag patch.

I wouldn't. Seems to me like conference are moving to their own conference logos as patches instead of the standardized NCAA pennant. The SEC is all about branding itself. This would be another step and a logical time to make the switch.

I've worked at an SEC school for 11 years and know a lot of people in the conference office. I'd be stunned.

So...um....are you stunned? (bow)

gYH2mW9.png

As pointless as arguing adidas is with you, I'll bite:

Nike did gloves in color as soon as the college rules allowed and in the NFL long before that.

Nike did neon-trim basketball uniforms before adidas' all-neon uniforms this year. Distinction without a difference IMO.

And Nike beat adidas with the tiger-camo stuff, too.

FF_735548ALT1_xl.jpg

1. I'm talking about the 'palm salute' gloves in particular. Everybody's done gloves in color for decades, adidas was the first to do the 'palm salute' gloves in color as Nike's first batch of those were in greyscale.

NCAA allowed colored gloves for the first time last year....Boise State wore these week one

Nike-College-Rivalry-(Boise-State)-Vapor-Jet-Mens-Football-Gloves-7156ES_811_A.png

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Another original idea from Adidas

I wonder if this will and them in legal trouble

why does Adidas get the blame for "copying" ideas? they're the designers, not the client. its likely EC requested the wings

Actually the wings are available in the 2012 adidas catalog

Beat me to it. It seems to me on the college level, though I have no real insider info to base this on, generally the uniform provider is the one with more influence over the uniform options presented to the team. Of course the final decision comes down to the head coach or athletic director or whatever, but I'd assume they're choosing from a set of choices put together by the manufacturer with little to no attention paid to specific requests from the school. Adidas needs to bring their own design motifs to their teams and not play catchup with the Nike aesthetic.

562384_319918728074551_160905987309160_798114_933815329_n.jpg

This is the best Eastern has looked since their glory years. I don't have a problem with them adding grey since it helps them look less like Michigan State, but this proves that they should just ditch their green shells altogether.

Isn't the Big 10 the only BCS conference that doesn't wear some sort of identifier patch on their unis?

Big 12 doesn't either.

Some of the Big 12 teams definitely do...others don't. I don't believe ANY teams in the Big 10 do.

icon_18654788.jpg

holiday2.jpg

Collin+Klein+T+Cotton+Bowl+Kansas+State+v+NrhNGWLm9Dql.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

This was in the Denver Post today yesterday.

Posted April 17, 2012, 8:10 am MT

Changes in store for 2012 CU football uniforms?

BOULDER ? Apparently not.

Speaking to reporters Monday, Colorado coach Jon Embree said the Buffs? 2012 uniforms will look like the 2011 unis, which honored the 1990 national championship teams.

As for 2013, that?s a different story.

?Nike is working on some things (for 2013),? Embree said.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived