College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

481282_10151828929240721_1698632849_n.jpg

Also that white helmet is kind of bad. It might have been better with a red pig. Hopefully it's Little Rock only or something.

I never thought that there would be a day when arkansas would have better lightning bolts on their jersey shoulders than the chargers.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these new nike uniforms are becoming so derivative of one another...basically it's a composite of asu, wsu, rutgers, missouri, kentucky etc.

call me crazy but these recent designs make me yearn for the era of excessive piping 5 years ago, while busy those nike templates seemed to have some differentiation.

all of these designs are going become so stale so quickly...pretty soon the traditional striped uniform will be so rare it will actually stand out as unique and bold design.

This right here is PRECISELY what so many of us have been saying for so long about these newfangled uniforms of late...particularly that last paragraph. You can only do "revolutionary", "game-changing" design for so long before you run out of ideas to keep fresh every fifth year?henceforth, what we have here. I've mentioned many times before that design is circular, and just as we've seen a shift from the multiple-logo and multiple-color branding packages to less (but stronger) logos and simplified palettes, we'll soon see a shift back to, or at least more indicative of, what's now considered "lame and boring" conservative designs. Its actually already happening...check Arky's new set.

Now, all that said...on the whole, these sets are pretty tame. The numbers and that new script are custom but not over the top (like Rutgers), and the razorbolt sleeve inserts are actually a nice touch?or would be if they were more noticeable. As stands, they seem to stand as the perfect way to shoehorn silver/anthracite into yet another Nike uniform...why they chose that route is anyone's guess. But here's the one thing that's really starting to irk me: these contrast-colored "sleeves" with nothing in/on them (to say nothing of the existing lack of TV or sleeve numbers from a good number of college football uniforms). To me, it just looks empty and goofy without something in there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

these new nike uniforms are becoming so derivative of one another...basically it's a composite of asu, wsu, rutgers, missouri, kentucky etc.

call me crazy but these recent designs make me yearn for the era of excessive piping 5 years ago, while busy those nike templates seemed to have some differentiation.

all of these designs are going become so stale so quickly...pretty soon the traditional striped uniform will be so rare it will actually stand out as unique and bold design.

This right here is PRECISELY what so many of us have been saying for so long about these newfangled uniforms of late...particularly that last paragraph. You can only do "revolutionary", "game-changing" design for so long before you run out of ideas to keep fresh every fifth year?henceforth, what we have here. I've mentioned many times before that design is circular, and just as we've seen a shift from the multiple-logo and multiple-color branding packages to less (but stronger) logos and simplified palettes, we'll soon see a shift back to, or at least more indicative of, what's now considered "lame and boring" conservative designs. Its actually already happening...check Arky's new set.

Now, all that said...on the whole, these sets are pretty tame. The numbers and that new script are custom but not over the top (like Rutgers), and the razorbolt sleeve inserts are actually a nice touch?or would be if they were more noticeable. As stands, they seem to stand as the perfect way to shoehorn silver/anthracite into yet another Nike uniform...why they chose that route is anyone's guess. But here's the one thing that's really starting to irk me: these contrast-colored "sleeves" with nothing in/on them (to say nothing of the existing lack of TV or sleeve numbers from a good number of college football uniforms). To me, it just looks empty and goofy without something in there.

I think it looks bad even with something in there. Cap sleeves suck.

I like the silver airbrush look on the helmet. I just don't know if I'm sold on it being for Arkansas. I'm torn on this set still. I wanna see 11 guys on the field decked out in it before I judge it too much. The feedback on Facebook is a resounding positive.

• Make the logo on the white helmet red.
  • Get rid of all of the black/gray.
  • No gradient numbers.

Make those changes and you'd have an immediate improvement.

This pandering to recruits trend needs to stop.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Interestingly enough, Arkansas went with the pants stripe seen in the initial Pro Combat template. It would have made the set more cohesive if they had based the pant stripe design on the sleeve design (i.e. the "razorbolt").

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

In honor of John L. Smith, I'd also like to change the motto to "Plant the flag".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Buc, not all Nike redesigns are created equal. Not all of them are supposed to be revolutionary, and not all of them are supposed to be crazy. I don't know how designs like Rutgers, MIzzouri, and Arizona State are stale. The problem with the piping uniforms was that so many schools had the same design, which is not as true anymore.

I don't think design is circular in college football, as much as it is, follow the trend. Looking at the historical college football uniforms, they have been constantly "evolving" (for lack of a better term). If it is circular, I would like to know how large of a circle it is, because we still haven't completed one cycle. Remember, Nike is still planning redesigns for Colorado and West Virgina, and also possibley Ohio (although I wouldn't be surprised if they just deicded to abuse the fill tool like Arky did last year). All of the "redesigns" in the past have been at least somewhat on the extreme side. This wasn't as redesign, as much as it was just new uniforms.

And quite frankly, if "pandering to recruits" leads to uniforms with actual design in them (even if it's just a little), I'm ok with that.

As to the uniforms themselves, I agree with just about everything you said. Looking at it, I think they should've put the hog logo underneath the razorback pattern. Overall, I think it's a slight upgrade, mostly because it isn't JUST a fill tool uniform. I could do without the gradient numbers and anthicrite though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If they ever go all-white, they'll have three different versions of the hog logo on each piece of the uniform. The white one on the helmets, the red and white version for the jersey collar, and the red and black hog on the pants.

Overall, not a good set. The addition of gray and black is almost yawn-inducing at this point. Most of this uniform seems to just be a checklist of whatever modern trend they could think of:

1. Gray

2. Black Alt

3. Mix-and-match

4. Gradient Numbers

5. Matte Helmets

I'm waiting for the day Arkansas decides to stop abusing the fill tool and actually come up with a uniform design. At least their previous look had beautiful road jerseys. These are just bland and boring. And they even have unfitting gradient numbers to boot.

Remember that time Arkansas actually got it right?

45-20649-Y.jpg

yea that is a good look for Oklahoma. . . .wait

Well when I see the scoreboard and it says Arkansas, and I look at the helmet and it has a razorback logo, it's pretty obvious it's not Oklahoma...

heres the ultimate identity test: take the logos away and what are you left with?

The irony is that so many people are calling the new uniforms generic, yet they like the old ones? Give me a break, why don't we make every school look like Penn State and Notre Dame? That'd be cool

I'm waiting for the day Arkansas decides to stop abusing the fill tool and actually come up with a uniform design. At least their previous look had beautiful road jerseys. These are just bland and boring. And they even have unfitting gradient numbers to boot.

45-20649-Y.jpg

Well when I see the scoreboard and it says Arkansas, and I look at the helmet and it has a razorback logo, it's pretty obvious it's not Oklahoma...

heres the ultimate identity test: take the logos away and what are you left with?

A jersey with ARKANSAS written on the front of it.

45-20649-Y.jpg

The irony is that so many people are calling the new uniforms generic, yet they like the old ones? Give me a break, why don't we make every school look like Penn State and Notre Dame? That'd be cool

Yeah, because every school having 100,000,000,000 combinations is such a fantastic idea.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived