2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Other than USC and maybe UF or Mizzou, we're not losing any other games. 10-2 at least.

I could see you guys losing to Vanderbilt and maybe Florida. Vanderbilt has 21 returning starters from a bowl team who gave a lot of top teams fits (including Georgia), and you know Muschamp is going to rebuild the Gators. Gerogia's running game needs to step up this year if they want to finish in the top 5.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than USC and maybe UF or Mizzou, we're not losing any other games. 10-2 at least.

I could see you guys losing to Vanderbilt and maybe Florida. Vanderbilt has 21 returning starters from a bowl team who gave a lot of top teams fits (including Georgia), and you know Muschamp is going to rebuild the Gators. Gerogia's running game needs to step up this year if they want to finish in the top 5.

This.

Georgia is like the New Notre Dame. They always manage to get a preseason Top Ten ranking that is usually unwarranted in most seasons.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This.

Georgia is like the New Notre Dame. They always manage to get a preseason Top Ten ranking that is usually unwarranted in most seasons.

I don't know about Notre Dame. They may not live up to expectations, but they usually at least get about 9 wins. Notre Dame gets a top 15 pre season ranking and goes 7-6. If anyone is like Notre Dame, it's Florida State.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wow, Ivan Maisel is predicting Oregon to win the National Title over LSU. As someone who remembers Oregon not to long ago, getting the piss beat out of them by BYU, sitting in the cold Las Vegas winter air, saying to himself "Well, at least I got to go to Vegas. Let's just hope they can maybe get to 8 wins next year, so that we could go to San Fran, which would be closer, and cheaper.", this is beyond trippy to see. Now I'm going to hope that this isn't a curse or something :wacko:

Wow, Ivan Maisel is predicting Oregon to win the National Title over LSU. As someone who remembers Oregon not to long ago, getting the piss beat out of them by BYU, sitting in the cold Las Vegas winter air, saying to himself "Well, at least I got to go to Vegas. Let's just hope they can maybe get to 8 wins next year, so that we could go to San Fran, which would be closer, and cheaper.", this is beyond trippy to see. Now I'm going to hope that this isn't a curse or something :wacko:

I can see Oregon going 11-1 and then winning the Pac-12 title game over USC or Utah

I can see Oregon going 11-1 and then winning the Pac-12 title game over USC or Utah

I think 12-1 (including Pac-12 Title game) or 10-2 is what I'm expecting this year. A "natty" would be fine (hell, more then fine) but I have my doubts we're going to do that with how young our offense is. I think we'll beat USC. The Colleseum really isn't as much of a home field advantage as people say it is (considering how spread out and quiet it is). My biggest worries are vs Arizona, and @Cal. We play a pretty bad OOC scehdule, and it's very possible that Arizona can catch us off guard. Oregon never plays well in Memorial Stadium, so that's always a possible loss.

I think 12-1 (including Pac-12 Title game) or 10-2 is what I'm expecting this year. A "natty" would be fine (hell, more then fine) but I have my doubts we're going to do that with how young our offense is. I think we'll beat USC. The Colleseum really isn't as much of a home field advantage as people say it is (considering how spread out and quiet it is). My biggest worries are vs Arizona, and @Cal. We play a pretty bad OOC scehdule, and it's very possible that Arizona can catch us off guard. Oregon never plays well in Memorial Stadium, so that's always a possible loss.

I find it strange that you're very confident about beating USC, while being afraid of Arizona! USC is a pretty dangerous team.

I find it strange that you're very confident about beating USC, while being afraid of Arizona! USC is a pretty dangerous team.

Oregon is going to be prepared for USC. Arizona is kind of a wild card. Rich Rod might do some wonders out there. I think they'll be a 7 win team this year. Matt Scott is better than Foles. The other game I'm scared of is @WSU. The Cougars could get to 9 wins if they're lucky. They have a lot of talent, and Oregon struggles against good QBs.

He's referring to Arizona as a trap game. They're not that tough on paper, but they might catch the Ducks looking ahead to tougher opponents.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 4 weeks later...

Just hot from the oven, BCS commissioners reach an agreement on four team playoff. Now the BCS will go the way of the dodo.

BCS commissioners reach agreement on a 4-team playoff.

Best thing to happen in the history of FBS football hands down. I predict LSU, USC, Michigan and a surprise team will be in the playoffs.

So you're already predicting the 2014 season :P

Just hot from the oven, BCS commissioners reach an agreement on four team playoff. Now the BCS will go the way of the dodo.

Fantastic news. Shame we'll have to wait until 2014 though. Does that mean this will be the final year of the BCS, or will next year be the final year?

Fantastic news. Shame we'll have to wait until 2014 though. Does that mean this will be the final year of the BCS, or will next year be the final year?

The 2013 season will be the final season of the BCS. So we will have to wait until the 2014 season.

I hope the playoff turns to a great sign for the sport. Corruption and greed could kill the playoff. Also, I worried about the non-Big 4 conferences getting in the playoffs because we want to see a Cinderella once a while. To me, the playoffs screw the Big East and the ACC because they're not good enough to succeed in a playoff. It's a shame that sportscasters keep having a bad perception of the Big East because there is a real big name in the conference. In reality, the Big East actually has the 3rd best record of all BCS conference with .500 record and they behind the SEC and the Pac-12. Even though I want the playoffs to with 8 teams, this is a huge improvement over the BCS. ^_^

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I hope the playoff turns to a great sign for the sport. Corruption and greed could kill the playoff. Also, I worried about the non-Big 4 conferences getting in the playoffs because we want to see a Cinderella once a while. To me, the playoffs screw the Big East and the ACC because they're not good enough to succeed in a playoff. It's a shame that sportscasters keep having a bad perception of the Big East because there is a real big name in the conference. In reality, the Big East actually has the 3rd best record of all BCS conference with .500 record and they behind the SEC and the Pac-12. Even though I want the playoffs to with 8 teams, this is a huge improvement over the BCS. ^_^

In reality the Big East teams that won most of those games don't play in the Big East anymore.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not happy with this at all. I knew this was probably inevitable, but part of me wanted there to be such a stalemate, they went back to the pre-BCS bowl system...

I'd watch just about any bowl no matter who was in it. I won't be watching any of this playoff. If Washington somehow makes it in, I'm sure I'll go to some sort of viewing party with my Husky friends, but honestly, it won't mean a thing to me if they win or lose. The Alamo Bowl had more meaning for me last year than any playoff game will...

Step by step, college football is turning me off. I'll still watch the regular season with a passion cheering on my team, but beyond that will be a giant snooze...

I'm not happy with this at all. I knew this was probably inevitable, but part of me wanted there to be such a stalemate, they went back to the pre-BCS bowl system...

Let's not pretend that the old bowl system was amazing. Back then, there'd be long lists of teams with vague claims to the national championship every year. Was it better than the BC$? Sure... but it would take a lot to fail harder than that wretched, rigged system.

I do share your disappointment with the 4-team playoff, though. We all know it'll be 4 SEC teams anyway, or 3 SEC teams and a Michigan/Texas/USC type of program. Every other conference champion need not apply regardless of how good they are. Nothing will be solved until we have a playoff with every conference champion and a decent amount of at-larges. It's the only fair solution, and the inevitable end result, considering how much money a playoff system will be bringing in over the pointless, outdated bowl system.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived