Seattle Seahawks New Logo?

Nintendogmaster

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The green is still in the mix but I think they have darkened it ever so slightly. Could be a lighting issue. I don't know enough about pantones to give a good answer just my opinion. The no sleevehawk news suprised me at first but with less and less sleeve in the uniforms I guess it had to go at some point. I mean the seahawk logo on the most recent uniform had shrunk down to almost nothing with Reebok anyways.

The green is still in the mix but I think they have darkened it ever so slightly. Could be a lighting issue. I don't know enough about pantones to give a good answer just my opinion. The no sleevehawk news suprised me at first but with less and less sleeve in the uniforms I guess it had to go at some point. I mean the seahawk logo on the most recent uniform had shrunk down to almost nothing with Reebok anyways.

do you have any more insight for us master Dounner?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I may be the only person who thinks this but...I so sincerely with the Seahawks would bring those old block numbers back. Sure, they're an old style, but for pretty much the entire time they wore that style, they were the only team to do so. That they have no serifs adds a certain "crispness" to it, for lack of a better adjective. If they brought them back, they could claim them as their own.

For shame...that, and the absence of the sleevehawks.

I agree 100% on the number font. It was close to the font the Cincinnati Reds used until 1999. Like the Jaguars' original block font, it was a nice and distinctive font without being proprietary. I wish more teams would use distinctive block fonts instead of everybody getting crappy custom fonts.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've been looking at some of the concepts of this new look. Seeing those, as well as taking in what our informant has shared with us. I'm fully on board my theory (a few pages back) that the Seahawks our trying to have a similar color scheme to the Mariners. I could be wrong, but just look at the concepts in this thread and compare the colors on the Seattle Mariners logos/uniforms page. The only major difference appears to be the Seahawks lime green vs the Mariners teal. Nothing wrong with it in my book, just can't help but notice similarities. Really interested in seeing the final product.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I always thought the gap between them was intentional and see no reason for it not to be.

Yeah, originally it obviously was. Back in the mid/late 70's when the logo was designed, almost all helmets (if not all) had the raised ridge like a stripe across the top of the helmet... and the birds necks (?) were placed right up against the ridge in the back. I remember being a little kid and thinking that the Seahawks' helmet logo (and color scheme, for that matter... blue and green? What!?) were the most out there, original, awesome football designs ever.

What I would like to see more than anything for them is an update modernization on that very first uniform. I'm not going to, I know, but that would be great. My 10 year old self would be very happy.

I always assumed the raised ridge was the reason the Seahawks' helmet never looked as it was intended. I thought the connection was implied, but that the raised stripe was a real-world hindrance getting in the way of the full wrap. I don't see any reason why one would design it with a gap, especially when the sleeve design basically had a Seahawk head wrapping around unto itself. The idea of a wraparound bird clearly was not thought of as unrealistic.

As for the numerals, I liked those too. Those are the Champion numerals, I believe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe they could do a Seahawk on the sleeves of the base layer (or whatever it is called).

Let's not have this discussion again.

Agreed. next step of this discussion is Gothamite to post his link to his website about how he has been petitioning for this to happen for years. Not worth it.

I've been looking at some of the concepts of this new look. Seeing those, as well as taking in what our informant has shared with us. I'm fully on board my theory (a few pages back) that the Seahawks our trying to have a similar color scheme to the Mariners. I could be wrong, but just look at the concepts in this thread and compare the colors on the Seattle Mariners logos/uniforms page. The only major difference appears to be the Seahawks lime green vs the Mariners teal. Nothing wrong with it in my book, just can't help but notice similarities. Really interested in seeing the final product.

Blue and green is essentially the de facto colour scheme for the Pacific Northwest (Seahawks, Mariners, Canucks)

Which is good because it really fits the area perfectly.

I really do hope they darken the green and put more emphasis on it. There are enough Blue/silver teams in the league already.

As well as Sounders. And then there's the Timbers (green) and the Whitecaps (blue).

Blue and green is essentially the de facto colour scheme for the Pacific Northwest (Seahawks, Mariners, Canucks)

Which is good because it really fits the area perfectly.

I really do hope they darken the green and put more emphasis on it. There are enough Blue/silver teams in the league already.

As well as Sounders. And then there's the Timbers (green) and the Whitecaps (blue).

I was talking about green and blue together. Timbers and Whitecaps don't have both colors. Although now, this makes me wonder how a blue & green Super Sonics would have looked.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Not bad, I think.

The point is well taken, although I'm not sure I would have raised the Canucks. Seattle has three major-league teams now, all of which have variations on the same color scheme.

Maybe they could do a Seahawk on the sleeves of the base layer (or whatever it is called).

Let's not have this discussion again.

Agreed. next step of this discussion is Gothamite to post his link to his website about how he has been petitioning for this to happen for years. Not worth it.

Well, I was going to stay out of it, but since you mentioned me... :P

Uh other teams with Nike uniforms have logos on the sleeves. It's not impossible. Look at Boise States uniform. It can be done, not sure why it's impossible for us.

Sure, logos can work, but that wrap around logo/stripe was a one of a kind animal. Even straight forward stripes (like the Steelers, browns, etc.) don't wrap around anymore.

As for the numerals, I liked those too. Those are the Champion numerals, I believe.

Somewhat close, but the two number fonts are indeed different.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Uh other teams with Nike uniforms have logos on the sleeves. It's not impossible. Look at Boise States uniform. It can be done, not sure why it's impossible for us.

Sure, logos can work, but that wrap around logo/stripe was a one of a kind animal. Even straight forward stripes (like the Steelers, browns, etc.) don't wrap around anymore.

Exactly. The Nike template allows very little room for wrapping sleeve designs, probably less than what there has been on the Reebok templates. The only way the sleevehawk would work is if it were on an undershirt and there aren't any indications that Nike is going to use the undershirts in any uniforms designs, at least not yet.

I'm very intrigued by what the feather design will look like. It has a real high risk/high reward to it. I don't think many people will be in the middle about how it turns out.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I thought that the Seahawks' new unis were great back in 2002. But since they made the cardinal sin of wearing monochromes, I would love to see a return to silver helmets and maybe silver pants, but with the updated logo. I think the colors are very sharp, but the way they've bastardized a great idea is a crime.

No sleevehawk. Feathers on the pants and jersey.

No logo on the sleeve? Worst news of the day. I was hoping for the return of the old-school large wrap around, but would have been satisfied with a larger version of the current sleeve look.

That sucks.

Well, there IS "a logo" on the shoulder/sleeve area...

No sleevehawk. Feathers on the pants and jersey.

No logo on the sleeve? Worst news of the day. I was hoping for the return of the old-school large wrap around, but would have been satisfied with a larger version of the current sleeve look.

That sucks.

Well, there IS "a logo" on the shoulder/sleeve area...

A logo or wings/feathers/totem pole?

Archived