Houston Astros Flashback Fridays

shaydre1019

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but i thought it deserved its own thread.

The astros are gonna wear throwbacks every friday all year, changing them every month. from the colt .45's to the navy and golds of the 90s. Which is awesome to hear!

what i found interesting was that pictured they have the colt .45 jersey with the gun in the wordmark, so is there something i'm missing or is that just the one that'll be available to the fans??

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/flashback_fridays.jsp?affiliateId=193871LF-0DM

fbf_colts_pistol_605x193.jpg

If anyone can shed some light that would be great

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those will be cool to see. I wish the Astros looked close to the second jersey in from the left.

More than a few folks down in and around Houston?and lots more in and around the Creamery?are hoping (in fact I think it's all but a foregone conclusion) that the next Houston Astros uniform will be heavily based on that set.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I REALLY like the shooting star and the rainbow shoulder jerseys. And I'm sure that if they switch to the all navy h star cap that it'll be one of the best sellers in the league. I would love to see the return of the white shoes as well! My only memory of them is what I saw in trading cards that my brothers collected.

Is there a particular reason that they are doing this or is it just for turds and giggles? An update of the shooting star jersey has a TON of potential. Can't wait to see some of these on the field!

I believe this year is their 50th anniversary.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but i thought it deserved its own thread.

The astros are gonna wear throwbacks every friday all year, changing them every month. from the colt .45's to the navy and golds of the 90s. Which is awesome to hear!

what i found interesting was that pictured they have the colt .45 jersey with the gun in the wordmark, so is there something i'm missing or is that just the one that'll be available to the fans??

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ticketing/flashback_fridays.jsp?affiliateId=193871LF-0DM

fbf_colts_pistol_605x193.jpg

If anyone can shed some light that would be great

The uniform second from the right were their best uniforms! I believe they wore them from the 80's to early 90's?

Shooting Star and 1990s are my favorite looks for this team. Can't wait to see these on the field.

Both are my favorite as well. Most definitely looking forward to seeing them in action again. The 90's one especially is going to bring me back a bit to the childhood days.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Love the 90s set. Gold brimmed hat would have made it perfect.

This hat?

astros-05999-new_era-bi-01.jpg

I never dug it but then they did wear it with this jersey:

090898johnson_550x430.jpg

I own that cap and that photo was the reason why I got it

For the longest time I thought that the entire set was black but it's just a real dark navy and I think that's what makes it cooler to me

Go A's!

For the longest time I thought that the entire set was black but it's just a real dark navy and I think that's what makes it cooler to me

I love the midnight blue because even as it ages it retains a deeper look than just black. Any black cap or jersey gets that dull look.

Shooting Star and 1990s are my favorite looks for this team. Can't wait to see these on the field.

Both are my favorite as well. Most definitely looking forward to seeing them in action again. The 90's one especially is going to bring me back a bit to the childhood days.

I agree with the shooting star, but I perfer the rainbow slevees during the Schilling era (#4) over the 90's look.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived