The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Sucks to see the Capitals lose, they really played well. I wish both teams could move on. Glad to see at least New York move on, though. It kinda sucks that they're playing the Devils, since I like both the Rangers and Devils (...haha, I know).

It's kinda weird to think that one of New Jersey, New York, LA, or Phoenix will win the cup. If you asked 100 people at the start of the year, I doubt many would say NJ, NYR, or PHX would win the cup, and with LA's struggle during the regular season, it's also very surprising to see them make it this far.

Anybody but the Kings.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank. God.

Phew.

Also I was able to swap Game 2 @ MSG (since I'll still be in San Diego) for Game 3 in Newark. Not quite the same but playoff hockey is playoff hockey, plus I get to be the enemy.

I LOVE being an enemy fan in the crowd.

There's something to be said about being "that guy" who is opposed to what 95% of your surroundings is for. It's a great feeling. Especially in a rivalry setting such as the Rangers and Devils, and ESPECIALLY with such high stakes.

'Tis why I was disappointed in 2010 when the Rays lost to the Rangers in the ALDS. God I would've loved a Yankees/Rays ALCS - I had gone to all nine regular season games, and would've gone to the ALCS games as well.

Oh well - back to hockey...

Well there will be a LOT more Rangers fans %-age wise than there would in other arenas.

And NOTHING beats the atmosphere for a playoff game at MSG. That's what I have to miss out on. Stupid final exams. Why'd I go to grad school this year of all years?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Thank. God.

Phew.

Also I was able to swap Game 2 @ MSG (since I'll still be in San Diego) for Game 3 in Newark. Not quite the same but playoff hockey is playoff hockey, plus I get to be the enemy.

I LOVE being an enemy fan in the crowd.

There's something to be said about being "that guy" who is opposed to what 95% of your surroundings is for. It's a great feeling. Especially in a rivalry setting such as the Rangers and Devils, and ESPECIALLY with such high stakes.

'Tis why I was disappointed in 2010 when the Rays lost to the Rangers in the ALDS. God I would've loved a Yankees/Rays ALCS - I had gone to all nine regular season games, and would've gone to the ALCS games as well.

Oh well - back to hockey...

Well there will be a LOT more Rangers fans %-age wise than there would in other arenas.

And NOTHING beats the atmosphere for a playoff game at MSG. That's what I have to miss out on. Stupid final exams. Why'd I go to grad school this year of all years?

That is true. MSG is an unreal home ice advantage, especially as the playoffs continue. Rangers haven't been this far since 1997, so that building will be rocking something else come Monday.

spacer.png

Bold (sarcastic) prediction:

Devils win Cup, world ends Dec. 21.

You act as if the Devils havent won the Cup since 1975...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Bold (sarcastic) prediction:

Devils win Cup, world ends Dec. 21.

You act as if the Devils havent won the Cup since 1975...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Phoenix Coyotes are just now going to be in an NBC telecast — after all the other teams had had at least one, maybe more (Game 4 of the WCF is a 3pm ET start).

And even at that rate, the game is in Los Angeles.

Schedule postings:

(6) New Jersey vs. (1) New York:

Game 1: 5/14, 8:00 PM ET (MSG)

Game 2: 5/16, 8:00 PM ET (MSG)

Game 3: 5/19, 1:00 PM ET (Prudential Center) -- NBC

Game 4: 5/21, 8:00 PM ET (Prudential Center)

Game 5: 5/23, 8:00 PM ET (MSG)

Game 6: 5/25, 8:00 PM ET (Prudential Center)

Game 7: 5/27, 8:00 PM ET (MSG)

(8) Los Angeles vs. (3) Phoenix:

Game 1: 5/13, 8:00 PM ET (Jobing.com Arena)

Game 2: 5/15, 9:00 PM ET (Jobing.com Arena)

Game 3: 5/17, 9:00 PM ET (Staples Center)

Game 4: 5/20, 3:00 PM ET (Staples Center) -- NBC

Game 5: 5/22, 9:00 PM ET (Jobing.com Arena)

Game 6: 5/24, 9:00 PM ET (Staples Center)

Game 7: 5/26, 8:00 PM ET (Jobing.com Arena)

All games on NBCSN in the US unless noted otherwise. Question for the Canadian folks - does the CBC and TSN split the coverage on series apiece, or does the CBC hold exclusive rights for the Conference Finals?

spacer.png

why was the 3rd goal that the rangers scored was not allowed.

One of the Rangers players (I don't remember who right now) made contact with the goalie so they waved it off for interference.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived