2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Actually, Newcastle were the last team that had a sponsor change right in the middle of the season - last season, to be precise. From August to December, Newcastle wore Northern Rock. on their kits, as they had since 2003.

4nhpI.jpg

Then, Virgin Money bought out Northern Rock., in the middle of the season, Newcastle switched kit sponsors.

628x471.jpg

That wasn't actually a change of sponsor, it was a rebrand BY the sponsor after The Virgin Group bought Northern Rock from public ownership, so Northern Rock didn't exist any more. It wasn't a different sponsor, it was the same sponsor with a different name.

True, but it is an example of a corporate logo sponsor being changed mid-season.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13/14 Newcastle sponsor finally announced...already expecting this logo to ruin the kits.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

20-wonga-12-billion.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's going to look so terrible on their jerseys.

I hope someone in the team offices is pleading for just the word mark without the speech bubble.

Oh man, wonga.com. Hilarious. As if we needed more proof that sponsor logos don't belong on jerseys.

Grunge-Logos.png

13/14 Newcastle sponsor finally announced...already expecting this logo to ruin the kits.

20-wonga-12-billion.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's going to look so terrible on their jerseys.

I hope someone in the team offices is pleading for just the word mark without the speech bubble.

Oh man, wonga.com. Hilarious. As if we needed more proof that sponsor logos don't belong on jerseys.

It's already on Blackpool's kits.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

It's already on Blackpool's kits.

black_2350657b.jpg

UK_News_10-1_jpg_687522t.jpg

Actually, with that color combination it's not the worst ever. At least they're willing to change the logo color to match the kit. When the sponsor keeps their logo the same colors despite the kit palette it can really look awful.

Grunge-Logos.png

Going back to St James' Park is all that matters.

It won't look that bad, if the Wonga bubble goes black on the home kit, and doesn't clash with the road. Just like what Blackpool did. Disappointed with the sponsor though, thought it'd be something more recognizable, but what can you do.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Going back to St James' Park is all that matters.

It won't look that bad, if the Wonga bubble goes black on the home kit, and doesn't clash with the road. Just like what Blackpool did. Disappointed with the sponsor though, thought it'd be something more recognizable, but what can you do.

Going back to SJP is indeed the most important part of all this. I was hoping to have a better sponsor announcement...at least one not tied to such negativity and questionable practices. Looks like I'm gonna have to take the matter of getting Newcastle Brown back on the kits into my own hands.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

20-wonga-12-billion.jpg

The fact Sports Direct Arena will return to St. James Park will make most fans happy.

Yeah, that's awesome. Apparently Wonga bought the naming rights to the stadium, but reverted the name to St James' Park. Classy move.

I honestly think the new sponsor could work (COULD) after seeing it on Blackpool's kits.

spacer.png

Still no images to go off of, but that upcoming US centenary kit will apparently feature a special centenary badge. That's what is in the description on the Soccer Pro product description.

http://www.soccerpro...ey-2013-p13840/

Really hoping they simply bring back the vintage 1950 crest. Our best crest, IMO. Or if they go in a different direction, they better keep it classic looking. I have high hopes for this one.

112949048_6845a9a356.jpg

EDIT-- Also, the product is now listed as white. IIRC, it had been listed primarily as obsidian navy. The socks are listed as obsidian with white. If the shorts are navy like I anticipate, that specific color combination sure is shaping up like the 1950 look.

Yanks going with a new combo for the first time tonight. One of the youth teams and women's team has done it, but not the full squad yet. Hoops, white shorts, and white socks. Should be interesting. Don't think I like it as much as with the navy shorts, though. Time will tell!

image.jpg

I don't mind the look. I'm sure it'll look just fine tonight.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived