2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

Except for the critical fact that that isn't why they did it or said they did it. They always said it was related to the Olympics (which of course were over before the BPL season even started.)

Well, no one said that they did gold for the Olympics. :P Either way, it looks good, and it makes sense given their successful season. Win-win. There are much bigger uniform battles that need to be fought, no matter what your tastes are.

Well they didn't use the word "Olympics", but the adidas press release said gold was to celebrate "the year of sport and celebration in the capital in 2012."

Which really translates as 'we needed to add a new colour to the kits, so you guys will fork out the money for a new one, and this was the best excuse we could come up with.'

And actually it doesn't look good,especially with the white numbers and sock trimmings confusing the matter.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for the critical fact that that isn't why they did it or said they did it. They always said it was related to the Olympics (which of course were over before the BPL season even started.)

Well, no one said that they did gold for the Olympics. :P Either way, it looks good, and it makes sense given their successful season. Win-win. There are much bigger uniform battles that need to be fought, no matter what your tastes are.

Well they didn't use the word "Olympics", but the adidas press release said gold was to celebrate "the year of sport and celebration in the capital in 2012."

If they had used the Olympics that might have been seen as the copyright violation.

brand18_censored%20version.jpg

It looks like Sydney haven't been given the new letters though (as below), their preseason shirts have just had numbers on them.

551874_10150229005564944_755906455_n.jpg

I've since been told that this is the official font for the players names. Not the one I posted. Dissapointing. I like the number, but if that is the font they're going with for the names I'm not too happy.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Which really translates as 'we needed to add a new colour to the kits, so you guys will fork out the money for a new one, and this was the best excuse we could come up with.'

And actually it doesn't look good,especially with the white numbers and sock trimmings confusing the matter.

Looking at the full kit, I would agree. Gold stripes on the socks and gold numerals would be great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

New 2013-14 kits for the Colorado Rapids

moor11.jpeg

The Adidas jerseys remain burgundy but now feature white sleeves in a show of solidarity with club partner Arsenal, the London soccer club also owned by Denver sports mogul Stan Kroenke. Another addition: a small Colorado flag on the bottom left of the jersey front.

More info from the Denver Post

They also used the gimmick of featuring the season ticket holders names in tiny text on them.

Should have used light blue sleeves instead of white. It would be a more natural look for the club since it's their other color but it would still have influence from Arsenal.

I thought we already had an Arsenal-Wannabe team?

2011-Adidas-Portland-Timbers-Away-Jersey-300x300.jpg

That's their "Rose City" uniform. The Rapids have an actual link with their counterparts at Arsenal. I'm surprised Colorado went with white sleeves, but I think it still looks better than sky blue sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived