Favorite AL & NL MLB Teams?

Ndfreek12

My dad and I are HUGE White Sox fans, so naturally we despise the North Siders. He brought me up to be a Cardinals fan as-well. I was wondering if there was anyone else like this, a favorite AL and NL team?

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am both a Marlins and Rays fan. So yes, I have a favorite NL and AL team (though this is due to having them both on my TV, me living approximately halfway between Miami and the Tampa Bay Area, the Marlins existing one season more than I am living, and the fact that half of my family [outside of my immediate family] are Yankees fans and that I live in the spring training home of the Red Sox).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I'm a Dodger fan first and foremost, so there's my NL team. In the AL, I've really latched onto the Rangers the past few years. If I had to pick one team, it'd probably be them, but I also like the Angels (the parent team of Salt Lake and Orem) and Tigers (as an admitted baseball history geek, I'm a big fan of Tiger legends like Greenberg, Gehringer, and Kaline. Plus, thier uniforms are likely my favorite in baseball, to be honest).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

AL: Angels......... and the Blue Jays are a very distant 2nd

NL: The entire NL West. I usually end up rooting for the NL west champ in the playoffs, and I have seen a game at every park except Coors.

Cardinals. 2nd favorite would be the Braves, growing up watching them on TBS. Only time I don't root for them is against the Cardinals or when them losing helps the Cardinals.

In the AL, I like a number of them, but I'd have to list the Rangers as the top choice. Don't know why, just always have. Really only have the Cards and Braves ahead of them. Like the Rays too. The Yankees, Red Sox and White Sox are really the only AL times I don't "like", so to speak.

I'm an NL guy anyway.

NL: Cardinals (first)

AL: White Sox/Rays

I would love to see a Cards/White Sox World Series. It would make Cubs fans crazy!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I think baseball is the only sport where I actively root for more than just "my team." I think the reason is two fold. 1) I'm old enough to be raised in the era before inter league play. The two leagues truely felt different. 2) "My team" has been awful for 19 years.

Anyway... I root for the Pirates first and foremost. It hasn't been easy since 92 but I'm not going to give up now. My AL team has been the Rays ever since they started wearing their green jerseys in the early 2000s. I loved that looked. They have been cemented as my AL team since I have lived less than a mile from The Trop for the last 3 years. I'm moving to Indianapolis in July, but I plan to keep following them closely.

AL: A's. I've been rooting for the A's since 1987 when my old man first took me to a game as a kid. First team I ever rooted for actually, though it's been increasingly hard as their situation has completely deteriorated off field in the last 15 years.

NL: San Diego Padres. Became a fan of the Pads a couple of years ago (2009) when I moved to San Diego, though I started paying attention to them after my first visit to Qualcomm Stadium in 2001 since I had no NL team at the time and being an A's fan I'm diametrically opposed to both the Giants and the Dodgers after '88.

AL: Angels. Born and raised in OC. Also, my grandfather was a NY Giants fan, hated the Dodgers through and through. Dropped the Giants when they went to SF, but kept the Dodger hate even when he eventually moved west. So he became an Angel fan and raised me as such... Distantly the Blue Jays, because I have a small affinity for Canada as a giant hockey fan and especially with their new jerseys. Oh yeah, those jerseys. Ohhhhhh those jerseys. And the Rays with Joe Maddon and Evan Longoria.

NL: Padres and Diamonbacks. Padres as the other SoCal team that isn't the Dodgers. D-Backs I picked up after the Angela traded Joe Saunders there and through the last two years I lived in AZ going to school at ASU... And distantly the Rockies, because I loved the purple, and the Cubs, because I feel bad for them.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Rays because I grew up here.

Phillies because they gave me my first job in sports

Yes, the 08 World Series was a fun one...

How was the 09 one? hahaha

NL: Cardinals (first)

AL: White Sox/Rays

I would love to see a Cards/White Sox World Series. It would make Cubs fans crazy!

I wanted that so badly in 2005! But, if it was Sox/Cards it'd got to a 7 game series.

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Im a die hard met fan, but i like to see other NL teams do good, my uncle lives in the Bay Area so i root for the Giants. Strangely I like the Dodgers as well, I also pity the cubs and want to see them win a title. Not a big AL fan

Archived