International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took longer than I expected, but looks like Berbatov is finally on the move.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=142615

Hmm. not seeing it on Soccernet or The Busby Babe.

The Independent has an article up about it, though, on how United will assess Rooney's injury before allowing Berba to leave for Fiorentina.

So, this seems legit.

spacer.png

Barca looked like absolute ass against Osasuna but freaking Messi pulls them out once again. Thats the difference when youve got the best player in the world I suppose.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Barca looked like absolute ass against Osasuna but freaking Messi pulls them out once again. Thats the difference when youve got the best player in the world I suppose.

Seriously. Barca really grabbed victory from the jaws of a defeat there.

spacer.png

Champions league was done today.

Group A

Porto

Dynamo Kiev

Paris Saint-Germain

Dinamo Zagreb

Group B

Arsenal

Schalke 04

Olympiacos

Montpellier

Group C

AC Milan

Zenit

Anderlecht

Malaga

Group D

Real Madrid

Manchester City

Ajax

Dortmund

Group E

Chelsea

Shakhtar Donetsk

Juventus

Nordsjaelland

Group F

Bayern Munich

Valencia

Lille

BATE Borisov

Group G

Barcelona

Benfica

Spartak Moscow

Celtic

Group H

Manchester United

Braga

Galatasaray

Cluj

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

Arsenal & United get handed some fairly easy groups, no?

Group G doesn't bode well for The Bhoys. Group D is going to be AMAZEBALLS, though.

Does PSG get out of Group A? I think Porto is the favorite in that group.

spacer.png

Does PSG get out of Group A? I think Porto is the favorite in that group.

They absolutely should. I think Porto is definitely the favorite, if for no other reason than this PSG team hasn't come together yet, but I'd expect to see PSG grab 7 points at the Parc des Prince and 4 on the road and they'll advance.

6fQjS3M.png

Other Americans Abroad on the move today: Onyewu on loan to Spanish side Malaga, Bocanegra to Spanish 2nd division club Racing Santander, Edu finalized his Stoke City move.

6 million pounds for Dempsey is a steal. I dont get why he was so cheap but good for Spurs. I'll be tuning into more Tottenham matches from now on.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Really happy and even more surprised that Spurs landed Dempsey. I'm going to have to finally get a shirt now. They also sent Van der Vaart back to the Bundesliga at Hamburg today.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Other Americans Abroad on the move today: Onyewu on loan to Spanish side Malaga, Bocanegra to Spanish 2nd division club Racing Santander, Edu finalized his Stoke City move.

6 million pounds for Dempsey is a steal. I dont get why he was so cheap but good for Spurs. I'll be tuning into more Tottenham matches from now on.

I'm surprised Rangers isn't outright selling Onyewu, Bocanegra and Edu.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the rather paltry amount for Dempsey, too. Maybe the "Americans can't play in Europe" stigma is still going strong, despite all evidence to the contrary.

spacer.png

Archived