Rays new TBTC

Island_Style

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in such a long time. That looks awful.

The franchise is a joke. Anything to not use Devil Rays gear. Please move them out of my area.

2ly2w09.jpg

Still waiting for the Rays to make this a permanent look....:

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

EDIT: Accidentally a word

Hey it's unique and identifiable as them I would be behinh them making that their home cap. I personally think they are awesome

1) Thos hats suck.

2) If we want to improve the Rays' set, maybe they can start by incorporating the other team color into their jerseys. It's really dumb that they numbers/letters are navy with a white outline on the home and road jerseys, and insanely idiotic that they are like that on the navy jerseys. Change the home and road to a columbia outline, switch the navy jersey to columbia with a white outline (and adjust the wordmark on the front accordingly), and put a "Tampa Bay" wordmark on the road jersey. That might not be that exciting of a set, but it solves all the glaring problems with their current uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Marlins don't need a fauxback... they could easily just throw back to the minor-league Miami Marlins, which they've done before.

Marlins-Mets_2B1.png

285388ba-7e9c-49e2-810c-bf0c053127ab.jpg

31%2BDSBG61CL._SX385_.jpg

mia56r.jpg

If that Miami Marlins identity wasn't so close to the Mets identity, it would've been the perfect thing for the Marlis to adopt permanently this year.

Hell, it still would've been better than what they have now, even though there would've been two New York Mets in the NL East.

Replace the blue with the blue that the Marlins are currently using on their logo, and those FSL/IL jerseys wouldn't be too bad or too similar to the Mets.

Agreed. Anything to bring back this guy:

58276_02_lg.jpg

2) If we want to improve the Rays' set, maybe they can start by incorporating the other team color into their jerseys. It's really dumb that they numbers/letters are navy with a white outline on the home and road jerseys, and insanely idiotic that they are like that on the navy jerseys. Change the home and road to a columbia outline, switch the navy jersey to columbia with a white outline (and adjust the wordmark on the front accordingly), and put a "Tampa Bay" wordmark on the road jersey. That might not be that exciting of a set, but it solves all the glaring problems with their current uniforms.

Speaking of which, it's also idiotic that they think the use of Columbia trim in the primary warrants a powder jersey (yes, yes, I know: $$$).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Speaking of which, it's also idiotic that they think the use of Columbia trim in the primary warrants a powder jersey (yes, yes, I know: $$$).

How about incorporating YELLOW (or gold, or whatever you want to call it) a little more. Right now the A's are the only team in MLB that use it on a regular basis in any real capacity, and that's a real shame.

Anubis.png

How about incorporating YELLOW (or gold, or whatever you want to call it) a little more. Right now the A's are the only team in MLB that use it on a regular basis in any real capacity, and that's a real shame.

Did the Pirates finally get demoted to the AAA...? Haha

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

D'oh how did I forget the pirates!

Anubis.png

D'oh how did I forget the pirates!

It's okay, we all do occasionally...

[i'm done roasting the Pirates]

As for your statement, I agree. Rays look is boring. Add some yellow/gold and it changes that.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Aside from the obvious "go trendy to sell merch" issue inherent with the current Rays identity, the problem is this: it says absolutely nothing about Florida...or really, much anything else. (And no, the "glint" don't do nothing, either.) If they were really hard-bent on deading the "sea creature" and becoming "rays of sunshine", they should've gone with orange instead of yellow. True, the Marlins have that now, but they didn't when the Devil Rays chose to become the Rays. Considering all the off-the-wall fun stuff they're doing, a more distinctive color set would've REALLY helped that.

Of course...we all know they ain't changing their identity anytime soon (unless they relocate), so what we got is what we're stuck with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in such a long time. That looks awful.

The franchise is a joke. Anything to not use Devil Rays gear. Please move them out of my area.

Legend doesn't like something. Color me surprised! :rolleyes:

Agreed. The team uses yellow a lot in advertising and around the stadium. I'd love to see them embrace it, along with the Columbia blue.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Legend doesn't like something. Color me surprised! :rolleyes:

Personal comments indictate a lack of substantive argument. Stick to the subject at hand; you'll have much better luck.

MLB Shop has them for sale now:

TB Rays Authentic Jerseys

This is the first time ever I've seen MLB Shop have a jersey of a manager for sale

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13135563&cp=1452368.1452909.704341

Good thing, too; he's one of the best things about that franchise (except for his latest whinging drag).

They must have worked a special deal with him; in the past I remember being to customize managers' jerseys as a special order (unless they were former players wearing their playing number).

You can buy pre-lettered Charlie Manuel "player" T's and jerseys.

Why? I have no idea... but at least a couple people must buy them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived