Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

Dodgers-Go back to having the white outline on the script, name and number

586430-jun-2001-marquis-grisson-of-the-los-angeles-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QHkS9Sp4wIiB35u2Hzr0jVgzdpygB8ZM7H59KsEVzfSU

51602000-los-angeles-dodgers-right-fielder-shawn-green-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=bdskBInMf1kKJUo4U7EwJIqGbdZCuRD%2bWcRIDqRiyJ%2fEXM%2bigNWW%2fEbFEGSkmOyh

and for pete's sake paint the outfield wall dodger blue again I hate going to dodger games and seeing the baby blue wall with the pastel seats return to how it looked in the first pic

And now for the others

And go back to being the California Angels

94733120-von-hayes-of-the-california-angels-looks-on-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=9QMziWNtBI6whP66vhs4obPmAc5tR7G7lvxJ%2fO1EiW47Oc%2f6OuUVI6ZCj7jXag5E9Cq3nPJotnI1utCICtNG6w%3d%3d

502162003_21e0a26344_o.jpg

10127546B~Juan-Gonzalez-1996-ALDS-Game-4-Home-Run-Posters.jpg

52313d1189153036-astros-photo-day-circa-1993-arthowe.jpg

and return them to their rightful city

Vladimir-Guerrero-in-his-prime-with-the-Montreal-Expos-in-1999-Associated-Press-photo.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota%20North%20Stars%2080s%20away.jpg

Kelly green is CRIMINALLY underused in sports today. And it looks amazing with athletic gold. SO much better than the relatively common forest green and athletic gold.

This is probably my favorite hockey sweater of all time... it was still pretty nice even when they added the rather useless black stripes.

Say, Hawaii, why don't you knock off the UA nonsense and dust these off?

ucf_hagler_zoom.jpg

davone_022b.jpg

p-493460-davone-bess-autographed-hand-signed-hawaii-warriors-8x10-photo-hc-ufe7xhosnd.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I won't bother posting yet another pic, but the Devil Rays' 2001-07 identity.

Evan as a Leafs fan, I have to admit that this was gorgeous:

66a00a35e3758a94.jpg

Really and pre-Edge Stars set, but one I really liked was this:

Stars02.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Hey, if you can have 2 different 'SOX' teams in MLB, no reason why you couldn't have 2 different STARS teams in the NHL

The Red Sox and White Sox both got their names in an era when team branding and marketing wasn't a huge concern. Naming conventions were also different back then.

The North Stars moved to Dallas in 1993, and Minnesota was granted an expansion team in 1999, after marketing and branding had become central to not only teams, but to entire leagues. There was no way two teams in the same league in the late 20th century were going to use names that both used the same word, using similar colour schemes. Teams these days just aren't willing to "dillute" their own brand like that by allowing a team in the same conference much less the same league to have such a similar brand to their own.

Hypothetically speaking MLB wouldn't allow two teams to develop "Sox" based names if they both entered the Majors in the last thirty years or so.

Also, "Lone Stars" as the name of sports team is kind of terrible. By definition if something is "lone" there's only one. Hockey, on the other hand, is a team sport.

Just to cut this off before it comes up, there have been multiple north stars, making the name "North Star" a suitable name.

Now I will agree with you, and oldschoolvikings, about those old North Stars uniforms. They were brilliant. I'd like to see the Dallas Stars go in that direction (kelly green, gold, maybe a hint of black) in their next redesign.

On 6/27/2012 at 2:23 AM, ARTnSocal said:
On 6/27/2012 at 1:58 AM, Jquiet said:

(Not sure how that one would work.)

That was such a cool looking logo, and color-combo. I remember the first one that was circled.

What should have happened and I thought would, was when they moved to Dallas they should have changed their name to the Dallas 'Lone Stars' ... it would have made all the sense in the world and giving them their own Texas identity..

Hec, they dropped the 'North' from the nickname in their final 2 season in Bloomington-MN anyway ...

Then when Minnesota got a team back years later they could have gotten their North Stars branding back ...

Hey, if you can have 2 different 'SOX' teams in MLB, no reason why you couldn't have 2 different STARS teams in the NHL

Problem is that the move occurred a few seasons too soon as it was the fans of Cleveland came up with that idea a few years later when the Browns split for Baltimore.

I got to see those uni's in the 70s when they came to the Aud to play the Sabres and seeing Gump Worsley in goal, still without wearing a facemask. Cesar Maniago was their backup goalie back then.

That's not true. They were always the North Stars. I was common for fans to call them "Stars" the entire time. Having "Stars" on the jersey was like the Timberwolves using "Wolves".

As for the uniforms, I think my all time favorite is the white version from this set. They green one lasted way longer...the black was added to the whites several years before it was added to the greens.

My favorite of the green jerseys is from this set...liking the added black is a departure for me. I cannot explain it but I just liked it on the green jersey.

As for the idea of the North Stars having a "Browns" deal (which would have meant that the Browns would have later had a "North Stars" deal), I am mixed. On one hand, I am a fan of keeping franchise lineage intact. On the other, I would like the identity and there are few worse names than "Wild".

Either way, all of the the pre 91-92 uniforms were all great and I would love to see them on the ice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Additionally, I know this is one of those color schemes (like red/yellow) that you just HAVE to add black to, but I really wish the Eagles had kept the essence of this look.

Obviously, the sleeve stripes would have changed long ago; well before sleeves went away, but I love the kelly green and gray. Love it. And I prefer that helmet for the color scheme and that wing design. An updated jersey, this helmet, no black...that would be awesome today. So I don't want this jersey back, but I do want an evolved version of this look back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

The North Stars moved to Dallas in 1993, and Minnesota was granted an expansion team in 1999, after marketing and branding had become central to not only teams, but to entire leagues. There was no way two teams in the same league in the late 20th century were going to use names that both used the same word, using similar colour schemes. Teams these days just aren't willing to "dillute" their own brand like that by allowing a team in the same conference much less the same league to have such a similar brand to their own. Hypothetically speaking MLB wouldn't allow two teams to develop "Sox" based names if they both entered the Majors in the last thirty years or so.

Also, "Lone Stars" as the name of sports team is kind of terrible. By definition if something is "lone" there's only one. Hockey, on the other hand, is a team sport.

Just to cut this off before it comes up, there have been multiple north stars, making the name "North Star" a suitable name.

Ice, The Minnesota North Stars used Kelly green, a totally different shade of green that the Dallas Stars have been using for 20 years. The current logo and shade of green (what's left of it) is totally different shade from their origins.

Just because I suggested the Dallas Stars who removed the 'North' two seasons before leaving Minnesota, and should of renamed themselves the Dallas 'Lone Stars' doesn't mean since it's a 'lone' star you can't use it on a team. There's plenty of teams without plural nouns as nicknames. Chicago Fire, Miami Heat, Minnesota Wild, Stanford Cardinal, New England Revolution, etc, etc ...

Dallas is the lone-star state, and they currently have a logo with just one star on it, and Lone Stars would have made perfect sense to pick as a nickname when they moved to Dallas, the Lone Star State.

and pertaining to the part you wrote that I put in bold .... have you not noticed that Tampa Bay Lighting's new color scheme is identical to the Maple Leafs?? I can't believe the Leafs didn't raise a fight over that one. Pittsburgh looked way too much like Boston when they went to Black & yellow, at least they've since switched to Vegas gold to differentiate their identity from the Bruins.

There's plenty of teams without plural nouns as nicknames. Chicago Fire, Miami Heat, Minnesota Wild, Stanford Cardinal, etc ...

Which has zero to do with "Dallas Lone Stars". Besides, they're all bad names.

Yes, these have nothing to do with that, unless you wanted to call them "Dallas Lone Star".

I totally understand the irony in pluralizing Lone Stars. Nevertheless, I don't think it would be that bad. They did what they did, and so be it now, but I would have been OK with "Lone Stars". Maple Leafs, being grammatically incorrect, is a better analogy and I don't think that's a big deal. (though it parallels the "Sox" issue of how certain things were acceptable "then" that are not "now")

POTD (Shared)

This is one of those color schemes (like red/yellow) that you just HAVE to add black to.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that some people think this. Red and yellow (like kelly and silver, IMO) look just fine without the added black. I like the non-BFBS versions of both the Flames and the red/yellow Hawks, better than what the jumped to. Plus, black never seems to stay just ?trim?? both those teams are examples of that.

And the Chief look 100 times more interesting from the neck down than they do from the neck up.

This is one of those color schemes (like red/yellow) that you just HAVE to add black to.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that some people think this. Red and yellow (like kelly and silver, IMO) look just fine without the added black. I like the non-BFBS versions of both the Flames and the red/yellow Hawks, better than what the jumped to. Plus, black never seems to stay just ?trim?? both those teams are examples of that.

And the Chief look 100 times more interesting from the neck down than they do from the neck up.

(Just to be clear, I wrote that statement out of frustration...I don't like that black is always added to certain schemes that are great on their own).

I don't know. It drives me nuts. The Flames of the 1980s were outstanding. And I agree on KC as well. But schemes with only one color (plus white) along with certain combos go with "just add black' 99 percent of the time. Sometimes they mix it up with "just add blue" or something (see Iowa State, but kudos to them for going back)

POTD (Shared)

Archived