2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Nets new floor at Izod center

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/21/3257432/is-that-the-barclays-floor-at-izod

new_floor_at_IZOD.jpg

It says they are getting a while new type of wood flooring that only Brooklyn would have.. Not sure what that really means, pattern of wood maybe (which looks different than the standard but the picture was taken on instagram so who knows)?

This makes it sound like they adopted my idea. I can't tell from the distance and quality of the photo, but the fact that it's been called out as something unique to the Nets gives me hope, and I suppose, optimism. If so, I hope it looks good and shows up well on TV like I planned. It's a scary feeling to leave the execution of your ideas up to someone else and not have the opportunity to approve them or even see them until the unveiling. Hopefully, this will be my 'claim to fame.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on those 2K13 pics, and that JKidd jersey tshirt we saw before, i put together some approximations for the Knicks 2012-13 unis:

NYK-new-unis.png

As for these new unis, I like the subtraction of the black, but they didn't need to add grey. also, the arm trim is dumb and they need some sort of side paneling, imo...

based on those 2K13 pics, and that JKidd jersey tshirt we saw before, i put together some approximations for the Knicks 2012-13 unis:

NYK-new-unis.png

As for these new unis, I like the subtraction of the black, but they didn't need to add grey. also, the arm trim is dumb and they need some sort of side paneling, imo...

Completely agree with you.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here's a concept I just came up with. It takes the 'New York' wordmark from their primary logo, which I think is pretty nice. First time with an alt that says Knicks.

Knicks_UniformConcept_2012.jpg

The home and roads looks exquisite but the alt just doesn't feel Knick-esque. Maybe, you could tweak it to an orange alt, invert the script and number coloring, and switch the other orange panels with white ones. Other than that, its pretty solid.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Here's a concept I just came up with. It takes the 'New York' wordmark from their primary logo, which I think is pretty nice. First time with an alt that says Knicks.

I really dig the home and road sets. Taking a step forwards while still maintaining that "Knicks look". The alt I'd make orange, but still a good design. All in all, I'd welcome this. Very nice.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The grey, combined with your trademark trimming style makes this feel like a Bobcats uniform to me.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nets new floor at Izod center

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/21/3257432/is-that-the-barclays-floor-at-izod

It says they are getting a while new type of wood flooring that only Brooklyn would have.. Not sure what that really means, pattern of wood maybe(which looks different than the standard but the picture was taken on instagram so who knows)?

Not to derail the thread, but it looks like that nets daily website is using a fraser davidson logo i saw here: http://dribbble.com/shots/537905-Nets-2

The grey, combined with your trademark trimming style makes this feel like a Bobcats uniform to me.

Yes it does.

9119hsad9wz8e5s43f8ff05q1.gif

It's a good concept. Just not for the Knicks.

These Knicks unis are a downgrade. The previous design was more intriguing and had some creativity involved. The wordmark is definitely not an improvement over the previous. Why is the grey trim any better/more necessary than the black? The black had a punch to it, and honestly it kind of worked well with the black in the logo. I'll say this; I don't know if it has to do with adidas directly or indirectly, but I know they have a part; I hate the majority of everything they've done to the NBA aesthetically, particularly since the 'Rev 30's came out. I think the Revolution 30's aren't revolutionary at all but rather tacky.

Hold up a sweaty regular uniform in one hand and a Rev30 in the other. I didn't think it was a big deal until I did that. It's like night and day.

You could just look at the difference between the heat's red jerseys. Before, they would get sweaty and become a darker red, but the rev 30's stayed the same and were brighter. Looks way better.

I'm not sure where the modern obsession with side paneling for the jersey comes from. The most iconic and popular jerseys in the NBA's history are side-panel free, the Bulls, the Celts, the "City" Warrior jerseys, and the Lakers pre-makeover. The side-paneling never matches up with the short paneling, making for a sloppy look, and clutters what little space there is on the jersey. Moreover, so many teams have such bold and bright color combos, side-paneling detracts from having those colors shine.

I'm not sure where the modern obsession with side paneling for the jersey comes from. The most iconic and popular jerseys in the NBA's history are side-panel free, the Bulls, the Celts, the "City" Warrior jerseys, and the Lakers pre-makeover. The side-paneling never matches up with the short paneling, making for a sloppy look, and clutters what little space there is on the jersey. Moreover, so many teams have such bold and bright color combos, side-paneling detracts from having those colors shine.

Iconic and popular does not necessarily mean those jerseys or uniforms are good though.

Iconic and popular does not necessarily mean those jerseys or uniforms are good though.

The old Pistons uniforms (and new ones, for that matter) use side paneling acceptably.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived