2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rookie Photo Shoot is today, so hopefully we can snatch a glimpse of the new Suns and/or Knicks unis. It's already been revealed that the Nets don't have any players at the event :(

follow up: i'm just been informed that Kendall Marshall is at the event, so hopefully some photos of him will surface somewhere...everyone keep your eyes peeled!

EDIT: False alarm, i guess. Either the Suns aren't getting new unis, or they are using the old ones for the shoot...

A01CAHpCEAAhCPP.jpg

Nets new floor at Izod center

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/8/21/3257432/is-that-the-barclays-floor-at-izod

It says they are getting a while new type of wood flooring that only Brooklyn would have.. Not sure what that really means, pattern of wood maybe(which looks different than the standard but the picture was taken on instagram so who knows)?

The wood on that floor reminds me alot of NBA Live '97 on Playstation.

nbalive976.jpg

Every court in the game had that dark wood. For EA's first adventure into true 3D with the series, they sure blew it with that. :P

bSLCtu2.png

EDIT: False alarm, i guess. Either the Suns aren't getting new unis, or they are using the old ones for the shoot...

I thought they were getting new unis for the 2013-14 season?

well their unis (along with Charlotte, New York, and Brooklyn) were listed as "TBD" on that catalog PDF that came about a month ago, so I just assumed that all 4 teams will be getting new / tweaked 2012-13 unis. time shall tell, i suppose.

It says they are getting a while new type of wood flooring that only Brooklyn would have.. Not sure what that really means, pattern of wood maybe(which looks different than the standard but the picture was taken on instagram so who knows)?

Whatever it is, that is freaking hideous...... bleh. :o

new_floor_at_IZOD.jpg

Really looks like it could be burlwood to me. I used to have a dining room table like this, it was gorgeous. Seems like a decision a rich Russian would make.

burlwoodblanks.jpg

If not burl, I'm going to guess bamboo.

bamboo-flooring.jpg

87Redskins.png

Even as one of the few who loved the Knicks' use of black, those look pretty darn good.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If not burl, I'm going to guess bamboo.

bamboo-flooring.jpg

A bamboo floor, those quite expensive, would be amazing. It has a certain "matte" finish to it. The only downside would be that matte finish would be forced to become somewhat gloss once the lacquer was applied...

Call me crazy, but I think I liked the Knicks look better with the black. These new uniforms, even though it would make sense to be an upgrade by just having the orange and white, don't seem to get the job done for me. Too much emphasis on white rather than orange and it needs a stripe going down the side. If this is the real deal, there's a lot left to be desired to me.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

These Knicks unis are a downgrade. The previous design was more intriguing and had some creativity involved. The wordmark is definitely not an improvement over the previous. Why is the grey trim any better/more necessary than the black? The black had a punch to it, and honestly it kind of worked well with the black in the logo. I'll say this; I don't know if it has to do with adidas directly or indirectly, but I know they have a part; I hate the majority of everything they've done to the NBA aesthetically, particularly since the 'Rev 30's came out. I think the Revolution 30's aren't revolutionary at all but rather tacky.

What's wrong with the 'New York' from the primary logo?

knickswordmark.jpg

May actually look good on a uniform

These Knicks unis are a downgrade. The previous design was more intriguing and had some creativity involved. The wordmark is definitely not an improvement over the previous. Why is the grey trim any better/more necessary than the black? The black had a punch to it, and honestly it kind of worked well with the black in the logo. I'll say this; I don't know if it has to do with adidas directly or indirectly, but I know they have a part; I hate the majority of everything they've done to the NBA aesthetically, particularly since the 'Rev 30's came out. I think the Revolution 30's aren't revolutionary at all but rather tacky.

Hold up a sweaty regular uniform in one hand and a Rev30 in the other. I didn't think it was a big deal until I did that. It's like night and day.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived