2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

You guys see the new Nike commercial which included the new bobcats jerseys? Shows an American and a Chinese kid growing up, going to college and being rivals at Georgetown/UNC, being drafted in 2029, and the American kid hoisting the championship trophy in the new "Cats" home jersey.

A lot of staying power for a terrible jersey if it's around in 2030. The good news is...I didn't see an ad on the jersey! Seriously though, I wonder if the choice of bobcats is the mj connection

And he's also wearing #10. Apparently they haven't figured out other numbers for Cats jerseys yet.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote something on my blog after re-watching the commercial. (http://t.co/OI1bYQDw)

:27 ? Since this is a Jordan commercial, you?ll notice that the three schools that this kid is thinking about all happen to be schools that are outfitted by Jordan: Marquette, Georgetown and Cal. The only other team that is outfitted by Jordan is UNC, which is the school Ling goes to. And when is Cal ever a basketball destination for a high prospect high schooler?

:35 ? The UNC uniforms remain unchanged. Georgetown?s looks the same too.

:39 ? The Mavericks win the lottery in 2029 and by then, David Stern is no longer commissioner.

:51 ? On April 9, 2031, the Bobcats (which surprisingly don?t change their uniform design over the next 19 years and are actually a good team) win the championship. Plus, when does the NBA Finals end in early April?

:57 ? Apparently the Olympics uniforms don?t change either and the international rules have changed, allowing both players to wear numbers 32 and 16.

:59 ? Goaltending.

Go A's!

I wrote something on my blog after re-watching the commercial. (http://t.co/OI1bYQDw)

:27 ? Since this is a Jordan commercial, you?ll notice that the three schools that this kid is thinking about all happen to be schools that are outfitted by Jordan: Marquette, Georgetown and Cal. The only other team that is outfitted by Jordan is UNC, which is the school Ling goes to. And when is Cal ever a basketball destination for a high prospect high schooler?

:39 ? The Mavericks win the lottery in 2029 and by then, David Stern is no longer commissioner.

:51 ? On April 9, 2031, the Bobcats (which surprisingly don?t change their uniform design over the next 19 years and are actually a good team) win the championship. Plus, when does the NBA Finals end in early April?

:57 ? Apparently the Olympics uniforms don?t change either and the international rules have changed, allowing both players to wear numbers 32 and 16.

Don't forget the 2032 Olympics being in Cairo.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Let's not forget that numbers like 7 and 16 are illegal in college basketball, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Also, at 0:42 there is an interesting rip of the new Nets logo at Summer League(?).

Also, at 0:42 there is an interesting rip of the new Nets logo at Summer League(?).

It looks like the crest and basketball from this mavericks logo. Probably just removed the M, because the colors are almost identical.

dallas_mavericks_alternate_logo_big.gif

Man this makes me think Jordan sold the bobcats

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but new renderings have been made for the inside of the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It appears to be showing the new court design.

BarclaysCenter_RenderBK_Nets_circle_Logo.jpg

That actually looks pretty good. I wasn't expecting that to be the mid-court logo, but it works pretty well. I still have my gripes about them using only black and white, but when you let Jay-Z call some of the shots that's what you get, all black everything.

The center court logo is terrible, the color scheme is stupid, and the arena looks like a college/AHL building. No, seriously, it reminds me of the Hartford Civic Center. #hellocrappy

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is a couple months old, but I hadn't seen it. I believe this is the practice court:

PNY___Brooklyn_large.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but new renderings have been made for the inside of the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. It appears to be showing the new court design.

BarclaysCenter_RenderBK_Nets_circle_Logo.jpg

That actually looks pretty good. I wasn't expecting that to be the mid-court logo, but it works pretty well. I still have my gripes about them using only black and white, but when you let Jay-Z call some of the shots that's what you get, all black everything.

With SO many hockey/basketball arenas looking so similar it is refreshing to see something different than typical bowl, two level arena.

I realize this it two levels, but it very much has its own look

Is it just me, or does that Barclays Center render make the capacity look quite small? Or it could just be those overhead lights obscuring the nose-bleed section...

As for that secondary logo, I think I actually prefer it the the primary. I don't have too much of a problem with the Nets B&W re-branding, in fact I'm pleased they didn't succumb to adding silver or gold as a third colour.

Note: I'm from Australia, hence my crazy spelling of "colour" - and just as a side-note, the silver/gold/metallic uniform-trim craze is still very much in effect for pro teams Down Under.

Yeah think it's great as well they didn't go with gold or sliver espialy I don't think spurs fans would have been to happy

Is it just me, or does that Barclays Center render make the capacity look quite small? Or it could just be those overhead lights obscuring the nose-bleed section...

As for that secondary logo, I think I actually prefer it the the primary. I don't have too much of a problem with the Nets B&W re-branding, in fact I'm pleased they didn't succumb to adding silver or gold as a third colour.

Note: I'm from Australia, hence my crazy spelling of "colour" - and just as a side-note, the silver/gold/metallic uniform-trim craze is still very much in effect for pro teams Down Under.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Yeah think it's great as well they didn't go with gold or sliver espialy I don't think spurs fans would have been to happy [quote name='Digs'

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah think it's great as well they didn't go with gold or sliver espialy I don't think spurs fans would have been to happy [quote name='Digs'

Ok so I have problems with typing on a phone big deal

Archived