2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

perusing those PDFs from that website, i came across these t-shirt graphics marked as "alternate jersey logo":

denvserd_2012.png

oklaserd_2012.png

when i have some more time, i might do some mock-ups...

So does that mean we'll see both of these on the front of uniforms? The Thunder will have a vertical wordmark?? :wacko:

I'm guessing that Thunder logo will be a shorts stripe. As for the Nugg, this is about to get interesting. Aachen Bold still sucks, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah, i think the Thunder "logo" will be a vertical wordmark on the alt uni, because the t-shirt design had it oriented that way (on the wearer's right-hand side), so I'd imagine they wouldn't put a shorts graphic on the front of a tee.

like the old blazers uni, with the vertical wordmark on one side and the number next to it?

perusing those PDFs from that website, i came across these t-shirt graphics marked as "alternate jersey logo":

denvserd_2012.png

oklaserd_2012.png

when i have some more time, i might do some mock-ups...

So does that mean we'll see both of these on the front of uniforms? The Thunder will have a vertical wordmark?? :wacko:

I'm guessing that Thunder logo will be a shorts stripe. As for the Nugg, this is about to get interesting. Aachen Bold still sucks, though.

If the Thunder one is going down the front of the jersey, you might as well cremate their identity. It would look great as a shorts panel, but on a jersey? No. The Nuggets look however, would be great! It's a nice update to their 80's look, and the colors are used great.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

You can see every teams winter court jerseys here http://www.5thandarcadia.com/ just scroll to the bottom and click on Winter Court Jersey

http://ical.widen.co...dividual_pages/

I found this page on that site too. Interesting that several teams have TBD listed for not-yet-announced third jerseys, while the Knicks and Suns are among the teams with their entire uniform set listed as TBD.

I like the Lakers "LA" and Spurs "SA" logos on the pregame jackets.

Also, it's interesting that the Suns jerseys are TBD. I thought they were waiting until 2013-14 for new unis.

There's a lot of OKC stuff with the OKC wordmark from the logo. They've rarely used it on it's own before...for a good reason, it's even more hideous on it's own than in the logo.

Also surprised to see the yellow warmup shirt for OKC. Their on court apparel has always been thunder blue/navy blue.

The Lakers' one doesn't look good due to the mismatched fonts, but that Spurs jacket looks great. Also, why aren't the Sixers using that "PHILA" wordmark from the weekend jackets? That'd look fine on their road jerseys.

I also noticed some BFBS gear for the Clippers. Ugh, I really hope the new alternate isn't BFBS.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Lakers' one doesn't look good due to the mismatched fonts, but that Spurs jacket looks great. Also, why aren't the Sixers using that "PHILA" wordmark from the weekend jackets? That'd look fine on their road jerseys.

I also noticed some BFBS gear for the Clippers. Ugh, I really hope the new alternate isn't BFBS.

They are "working on" a throwback alt that would have the old PHILA mark. Can't remember if they were shooting for this season or 13-14.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NoFloJo = FAIL.

Nope, they picked the right Pacers jerseys:

nbaunis3-590x334.jpg

:wub:

The rendering of the side stripes looks off, though; I'm pretty sure the pinstripes and side stripes were parallel.

A shame they didn't go with the purple version of that Suns jersey. A beauty.

(The Jazz and Kings? Meh and YUCK.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So what is the idea behind the "Winter Court" uniforms? Will they actually be worn on the court, or are they just saying "on court" to sell these fashion jerseys? It would be crazy for a jersey manufacturer to make each team wear a jersey based all on the same idea. Kind of crazy. Also, the way things look, the Suns will be wearing a Orange/Black scheme coming up this year, no? All warm-ups seem to be based on that scheme. Interesting to say the least. If they drop Purple they'll be bailing on their main color going on...what, 43 years now?

Also, the way things look, the Suns will be wearing a Orange/Black scheme coming up this year, no? All warm-ups seem to be based on that scheme. Interesting to say the least. If they drop Purple they'll be bailing on their main color going on...what, 43 years now?

If there's any current NBA team that goes Orange/Black, it's the Suns.* However, they already have perhaps the most unique color scheme in major pro sports with Purple/Orange...why give that up? I hope they go Orange/Purple/Black trim when they rebrand after next year, but I might be able to tolerate Orange/Black/Purple trim. I don't want to see the Suns completely drop Purple from their color scheme.

*Of course, the Thunder, with just a smidgeon of aesthetic sense, could go Red-Orange/Black/State-Flag Blue (or State-Flag Blue/Red-Orange or Navy/Red-Orange), but like the Bobcats, they, too, seem to keep taking a step backward each time they change (or consider changing) something about their design, going in the overplayed Navy/Lighter Blue direction.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Also, the way things look, the Suns will be wearing a Orange/Black scheme coming up this year, no? All warm-ups seem to be based on that scheme. Interesting to say the least. If they drop Purple they'll be bailing on their main color going on...what, 43 years now?

If there's any current NBA team that goes Orange/Black, it's the Suns.* However, they already have perhaps the most unique color scheme in major pro sports with Purple/Orange...why give that up? I hope they go Orange/Purple/Black trim when they rebrand after next year, but I might be able to tolerate Orange/Black/Purple trim. I don't want to see the Suns completely drop Purple from their color scheme.

*Of course, the Thunder, with just a smidgeon of aesthetic sense, could go Red-Orange/Black/State-Flag Blue (or State-Flag Blue/Red-Orange or Navy/Red-Orange), but like the Bobcats, they, too, seem to keep taking a step backward each time they change (or consider changing) something about their design, going in the overplayed Navy/Lighter Blue direction.

I've always thought that the Suns should be the NBA's purple and orange team, the Bobcats should become the black and orange team, and the Thunder should become the black and yellow team.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived