• Created
  • Last Reply

Charlotte Hornets.

Pullover Starter Jacket.

Teal.

Purple.

Can't get more 90s than that.

IMG00887-20120620-1934.jpg

I had at least six friends with that jacket. In Nebraska. It was almost as popular as this tshirt:

215082167.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

People wonder why the push for the Bobcats to get the Hornets name back is so popular. Starter Jackets FTW... :lol:

I'm not sure if they were Starter brand, but around here the starter style jackets that were hugely popular had graffiti type all the way across the back shoulders and down the sleeves of the team name. I've searched everything I can thing of on Google, but couldn't find any good images...

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

I can't believe that used to be "cool".

Aren't you quite a young guy? You'd be suprised what each generation considers to be "cool". :lol:

I just realized even though there are team scripts, the Kris Kross kids have on backwards shirts as well... Mind blowing, haha!

Charlotte Hornets.

Pullover Starter Jacket.

Teal.

Purple.

Can't get more 90s than that.

IMG00887-20120620-1934.jpg

THIS.

I have this exact Starter jacket however it's the Seattle Supersonics in dark green with red striping and white piping. Literally one of the coolest jackets ever, and I have no idea why my family has had it since it's purchase in the late 90's presumably. The logo is big, nice, and sexy right in the middle of the back, while it says SONICS on the front next to the alternate logo.

Can't find a picture of it online, but just a solid piece of 90's sports clothing without a doubt.

And honestly, if it came down to surviving alone in the wild winter, this jacket will almost do the job.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I was a child of the 90's and was a victim of both zubaz style pants:

155811_462261569284_1992925_n.jpg

as well as the purple-teal hornets fad:

56773_10150096819544104_1224509_o.jpg

I still love that hornets color scheme (and like many am under some crazy illusion our jerseys may don it once again in the future). Maybe it's just nostalgia, who knows. A note on the zubaz, my dad has a pair that he has since passed on to me, or I stole out of a garage sale bag who knows, but I wore them about a month ago for the first time in my adult life and they were reeeallllly comfortable. I don't have much memory of them as a kid but were they always this comfortable? Or is this just a case of the well worn in pants that have been through the wash so much they feel like heaven?

I wore the :censored: out of this hat/jacket combo back in the day

41wxzHGLU3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dallas_F_large.jpg?1332550156

Haha Logo Athletic. I had a Seahawks Jersey and hat made by them. That black Cowboys jacket reminds me of the Apex jacket that Jimmie Johnson wore. What was up with the black found in Cowboys gear back then?

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

I can't believe that used to be "cool".

Aren't you quite a young guy? You'd be suprised what each generation considers to be "cool". :lol:

I just realized even though there are team scripts, the Kris Kross kids have on backwards shirts as well... Mind blowing, haha!

Well I don't remember kids going around with backwards shirts and pants. I didn't start school until 1994 and don't remember seeing kids wear this stuff. So maybe kids that were my age were smart enough to avoid this. ^_^

mcbqza.jpg

Archived