5 things I NEVER want to see...

29texan

Pretty self-explanitory, but here are 5 things I never.... EVER want to see.

- 1. Texas teams to have stereotypical "Texas colors" (i.e., brown and tanish colors)

- 2. The Cowboys with colored facemasks.... or a different helmet for that matter.

- 3. Ads on NFL uniforms (too late for the NBA...)

- 4. The Packers, Canadiens, Spurs, Yankees, or Notre Dame football change their unifors..... ever.

- 5. That stupid standardized Super Bowl logo, even though I know we have another year of it, at least.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

- 4. The Packers, Canadiens, Spurs, Yankees, or Notre Dame football change their unifors..... ever.

You're a little late on one of those.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Outside of the obvious "ads on uniforms" issue:

1. Any more NBA teams that go the obligatory throwback route that features RWB

2. The Seattle Seahawks new uniforms. I never want to look at them. Again.

3. Breast Cancer pink stuff in the NFL lasting 2 months. Give it a week, 2 at most.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. Tampons

2. Air-brushing

3. Inconsistent stripes

4. Penises

5. Advertising

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

- 1. Texas teams to have stereotypical "Texas colors" (i.e., brown and tanish colors)

- 2. The Cowboys with colored facemasks.... or a different helmet for that matter.

- 5. That stupid standardized Super Bowl logo, even though I know we have another year of it, at least.

i think brown and tan would be a fantastic color scheme for a texas team. certainly better than red, white, and blue flag colors that all the "texas" teams seem to love. but then again, brown is my favorite color, so...

i think brown and tan would be a fantastic color scheme for a texas team. certainly better than red, white, and blue flag colors that all the "texas" teams seem to love. but then again, brown is my favorite color, so...

So did the San Antonio Riders of the WLAF. And I've seen one of these guys somewhere recently...where was it?

greg-gilbert.jpg

jason-garrett.jpg

Oh yeah...

Jason-Garrett.jpg

FWIW, I agree it was a pretty sharp and unique look.

Let's see, as for my list:

1. Ads on NFL or MLB unis. Looks cheap in any sport.

2. More looks like the Seahawks.

3. Ads actually marked on fields (they already superimpose them in preseason.)

4. Stripper-worthy cheerleader unis (the more they try to be sexy, the less sexy they really are).

5. Truncated stripes that get that way for convenience (a la Colts/UCLA).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

... there are only TWO teams with read, white, and blue (and I get really sick of people complaining about that scheme) down here.

I couldn't imagine the Rangers or Stars in those colors. If they did, I would throw up.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

in regard to #4, excluding the yankess, the other teams on the list have made consistent but gradual changes over the decades

I'll restrict this list to hockey since it's my main interest in both sports and sports logo/jersey design :flagcanada:

05) Phantom Shoulder Yokes

Adds nothing to the look of the jersey and more often than not, ruins otherwise good designs. See Minnesota Wild, Carolina Hurricanes

04) Ree-Box

Interrupting the seams of a shoulder yoke to prominently display feature Reebok's company logo looks outright terrible. Everyone knows Reebok is responsible for the NHL's jerseys. Thats why we've seen so many awful designs these past six years...

03) Modern Expansion teams adopting vintage white to look retro

I'm talking to you Columbus...

02) Side Panels

They look distracting and box in the primary logo. They also discourage a hockey uniform staple, hem stripes.

01) Piping

Also known as Bettman Stripes, piping adds nothing to the design of jerseys, it boxes in the primary logo and interferes with the Captain/Assistant Captain letters. Only time it is acceptable is when it outlines hem stripes (see San Jose Sharks) or a filled in shoulder yoke (see Buffalo Sabres).

1) The current craziness of the NCAA coming into the NFL.

2) The Montreal Canadians wearing blue (aside from throwbacks).

3) The Toronto Maple Leafs going back the St. Pats years for uniform/identity ideas. That ship sailed.

4) The Yankees adding an alternate.

5) The Blue Jays tampering with their identity again. After seven years of black and graphite the team finally looks like they should.

The Redskins change their name/logo

Beat me to it!

In addition -

*Advertisements in the NFL/MLB/NHL...or NBA (too late).

*Pink. Not even for charity. (too late)

*Chrome helmets in the NFL, especially for an outdoor team. No need to blind anyone.

*NBA teams changing to the "muscle shirt" cut that is becoming popular in college basketball. Keep the jerseys looking like basketball jerseys.

87Redskins.png

Archived