2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue is a Cubs color. Red is a Cards color. I'm voting all red all the time!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Blue is a Cubs color. Red is a Cards color. I'm voting all red all the time!

As much as I /get/ this point of view, it's not like suddenly in the 90s the Cardinals decided to make navy blue a team color.

Being a 90s kid, I'm used to the navy blue hats. They make me think of going to weekend Cubs-Cardinals games at Wrigley Field and watching the Cubs generally get beat up by Albert Pujols and Jim Edmonds and Scott Rolen and all those other wonderful human beings. Someone earlier said they wished there was a Red Vs Blue option, and if there were I would have voted for that. Those road hats are too gorgeous to mothball though, as much as it disgusts me to say it, so had to pick the fulltime option.

330zl3b.png

I'm liking that Nationals cap. Hopefully they'll wear it with the red jersey on the road as well, because their red jersey with a blue cap just looked really unbalanced. Actually, I wouldn't mind if that became the new full-time road cap for the Nats. The blue crown seems unnecessary.

The blue is a carryover from the first set of Nats unis:

nl_2006_washington.gif

when there was a clear red theme to the home look and blue to the road. The blue caps started to look out of place when they changed the road uniforms to what they have now, with red lettering everywhere. They tried to keep the blue in-place by wearing blue socks and undershirts in that first year (2009) but they switched those to red after one year.

The only set that truly fits with the blue cap is the blue stars/stripes alt jersey. (Don't like how wide they have to make the 'line' in the W to make the stars/stripes visible, but that's a different rant)

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Excuse me for a moment, I'm gonna go stab myself in the eyeballs.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Memorial Day camo cap:

BGX1MIcCUAIh_bl.jpg

That is really a love-it-or-hate-it look, isn't it? Not gonna be a lot of middling opinions on that hat.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Do I have to watch a major league baseball game where both teams are wearing that?

BTW, the Cardinals blue hats for road games is winning with 43% of the vote, as it should be.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Memorial Day camo cap:

BGX1MIcCUAIh_bl.jpg

jj3...if you're out there somewhere, somebody thought about you.

/semper fi!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Do I have to watch a major league baseball game where both teams are wearing that?

BTW, the Cardinals blue hats for road games is winning with 43% of the vote, as it should be.

I hope that holds up. I LOVE that cap.

The vote was really set up for "red only" to win, given the vote-splitting potential of the three that include blue.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Per the results so far, 75 percent of Cards fans have voted for either all blue or all read road caps. I think the message is, pick one and stick with it. I voted for blue all the time but could live with all Red.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived