2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

There's a star on the hat and sleeves. Name represented.

I know that.

About the Astros name, the beauty of it is that you can really go anywhere with it. If you want to go all futuristic sci-fi with it, it would work. If you wanted to keep things simple with a traditional script and a star present, it would work just as well. Heck, you could go back to ancient societies with their constellations and stargazers and it would be appropriate for the name. "Astros" just has to relate to stars - nothing more, nothing less.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a star on the hat and sleeves. Name represented.

I feel the 'Stros are yet another example of a team trying to bring back an old look and screwing it up by trying to mess with it unnecessarily. If you are going to bring back an old look then bring it back and come to peace with it. I hate this look and think its a half-@$$ed attempt to connect with the past.

Laugh all you want - it wasn't in the style guide back in October. In other logo/uni-related news, my access to the Style Guide is no longer valid. Fan-frickin-tastic.

Ha. No big deal. I'm just busting chops. Sometimes they hold back things or allow information to certain companies before hand. I don't believe it was in the style guide

originally.

Unpopular opinion alert: I like the red Cards hats. I don't get why everyone wants the blue back.

I think the red caps look better as well. That's not to say that I disliked the navy caps, but I always thought they looked odd with the red shoes.

Count me in as another one who thinks the Cards look great with the red caps. It seems like the Cardinals home uniforms are always near the top of all the "best uniforms" lists, but the road uniforms were never anywhere to be found - because of the navy caps. Now the Cardinals look like the Cardinals again, and their road uniforms are right up there with the home whites.

Look like the cardinals again??? Seriously? They've worn the blue for nearly 20 years on the road, and have history with them... Hopefully the red on the road is a giant April fools joke, and they return to the blue. They look terrible tonight, especially against another red hat team...

I'm OK with the red caps on the road for the Cardinals. The red looks good (hell, the Cardinals really can't look bad) but I really like the blue road cap. It's probably my favorite cap. Hopefully, it's not gone for good.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm conflicted...because I DO like the Cardinals returning to red caps and helmets on the road...I remember when I was a kid and they changed to navy and I've hated it ever since then...

BUT

the navy was...kinda...distinctive - now they just look like a handful of other teams with a red/gray road look...so i'm a little torn on this one...I think to look distinctive they should've just kept on doing what they were doing...when they had the navy caps you KNEW INSTANTLY you were watching the Cardinals now from a glance they could be confused with the Angels or Dbacks or Reds easily

I think they should've went red caps ONLY at home and then made their Sunday home cap the official road cap:

41-JqUg8D8L.jpg

Sunday cap on the road? No.

The navy cap actually has a longer history than the red. Plus the majority of Cardinal fans prefer it on the road. Quite frankly I think that should suffice. The red looks great with the white, but just doesn't look as bright or rich against the gray. Makes the cap appear more drab.

Those bird caps shouldn't even be worn for bp.

Also, the navy road caps were phenomenal. I always liked the seeming incongruity of a team with red letters and undershirts wearing a blue cap. Goodnight, sweet prince.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived