2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very intriguing information. I will be blunt I am anxious to see if we ( Jaguars) are going to have another abomination which would be a big let down & :censored: me off. or if it's something turns out to be a really beautiful modernization which is revolutionary groundbreaking design in the NFL by nike & NFL Design or just something that falls somewhere in the middle :therock: that ends up being a contemporary classic either way I hope it last a while.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

As long as the new Jaguars logo translates into something that can be used following a potential L.A. move, I'm good with it. :D

What makes you think they are moving to L.A.

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

??!!!Los Angeles Jaguars??!!!

How does Los Angeles fits the southern AFC background, ehh? Houston and Tennessee are southern states while Indianapolis is the mid-south, BUT it is the mid-west as well because they are next door to Ohio which Ohio is next door to Kentucky!

For anything, the Rams will move to L.A. The Jaguars are not moving to L.A., they are moving elsewhere to concede with the silly southern market.

wpotd.png

Nice job, chap!

Why don't you tell these guys http://www.facebook.com/losangelesrams?fref=ts about having the Jaguars come to L.A. See what they say to you.

I would hate (HATE) Minnesota to lose the Athletic Gold colors just for a darker gold. The Rams made that mistake and their pants looked Khaki when Nike did their uniforms, and I am to the point where I guess no one knows how yellow should be treated anymore. :(

As long as the new Jaguars logo translates into something that can be used following a potential L.A. move, I'm good with it. :D

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

How does Los Angeles fits the southern AFC background, ehh? Houston and Tennessee are southern states while Indianapolis is the mid-south, BUT it is the mid-west as well because they are next door to Ohio which Ohio is next door to Kentucky!

For anything, the Rams will move to L.A. The Jaguars are not moving to L.A., they are moving elsewhere to concede with the silly southern market.

wpotd.png

Nice job, chap!

Why don't you tell these guys http://www.facebook....?fref=ts about having the Jaguars come to L.A. See what they say to you.

He meant that your logic that you can't move the Jaguars outside of the southeast because they're in the AFC south is flawed. If they move to Los Angeles the NFL will either A.) realign the divisions or B.) they'll just keep the Jags in the same division. Dallas, Texas isn't exactly an eastern city, but look at what division they plan in.

If we were going strictly by geography then Baltimore would be in the East, Miami would be in the South and Indianapolis would be in the North.

PvO6ZWJ.png

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

wpotd.png

Nice job, chap!

Why don't you tell these guys http://www.facebook....?fref=ts about having the Jaguars come to L.A. See what they say to you.

He meant that your logic that you can't move the Jaguars outside of the southeast because they're in the AFC south is flawed. If they move to Los Angeles the NFL will either A.) realign the divisions or B.) they'll just keep the Jags in the same division. Dallas, Texas isn't exactly an eastern city, but look at what division they plan in.

Same thing with the Chiefs. Technically we're in the Midwest, but in no way to we belong in the AFC West with the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos, if you're solely going by geographical location.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

The NFL obviously prefers to organize by geography, but takes other considerations into it, such as longstanding rivalries (keeping the Cowboys in an otherwise extremely tightly-grouped East).

As for the Chiefs, there are the old AFL rivalries keeping them in a division with Oakland, San Diego and Denver. Plus they're the next most Westerly team except for Houston (only just), and I believe the average distance from Houston to the other three cities is greater than KC. So they stay in the West.

That having been said, I don't think the NFL cares much about divisional alignment when it comes to LA relocation. If the Chargers are the best fit, then they'll move. If the Jags are, then they'll be the ones to pack. The NFL will easily juggle divisions in that case. Conference realignment might be another matter, though, since you'd need another team to switch with them.

Geographically challenged. That's what it boils down to.

Anyway, I think I would be good to see the Dolphins ditch the navy blue for the silver color. The navy didn't work and pulling a New York Knicks would do the Dolphins some good finally.

The Jaguars need to keep the :censored:ing black helmets and use teal for only a certain color, then use black and Vegas gold, but utilize the jaguar spots like the logo itself. I know it sounds like the 1981-2003 Cincinnati Bengals uniforms, but...

Calling it right now, the Dolphins logo is gonna have silver on the dolphin and everyone is gonna get pissed when the Silver ends up on the Uniform. I can see it as their response to nobody liking the Navy.

"Oh you don't like the navy? Okay then, let's add silver and :censored: it all up. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?"

If that does happen, I'm taking full credit for it—especially since I came up with that idea almost five years ago:

MIAdolphinslogopackage.png

MIAdolphinsprimaries.png

MIAdolphinssecondaries.png

(And the NPC version I did last year)

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

/shameless plug B)

I've said it many times before, the whole "Dolphin in mid air wearing a helmet" logo is just bland and boring. I know it has historical significance and all but to be honest its simply a boring logo in my opinion. They are missing a perfect opportunity to utilize the beautifully simple, elegant, and easily recognizable shape of the dolphin to create a truly iconic helmet logo solution that could be on par with the Vikings, Rams, and Eagles. I would go even further with the logo design from this concept by losing the unnecessary sun and enlarging the sleek two toned Dolphin and have it come completely across the helmet. You could start the tail close to the back of the helmet and wrap it around to have the head right before the beginning of the facemask. I would probably make a few changes to the actual logo to make it curl a little bit more and make it work but I think you get my point.

I really think it would be a truly beautiful and totally appropriate treatment that would take team's visual identity into the 21st century without making it look like some futuristic and forced Nike-esque dump. I have been meaning to come up with an example of what it would look like but to be honest I totally suck at these things and my time is getting eaten up by a 1 year old. Not complaining about the last one at all...he's totally worth it! :)

Calling it right now, the Dolphins logo is gonna have silver on the dolphin and everyone is gonna get pissed when the Silver ends up on the Uniform. I can see it as their response to nobody liking the Navy.

"Oh you don't like the navy? Okay then, let's add silver and :censored: it all up. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT?"

If that does happen, I'm taking full credit for it—especially since I came up with that idea almost five years ago:

MIAdolphinslogopackage.png

MIAdolphinsprimaries.png

MIAdolphinssecondaries.png

(And the NPC version I did last year)

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

/shameless plug B)

I've said it many times before, the whole "Dolphin in mid air wearing a helmet" logo is just bland and boring. I know it has historical significance and all but to be honest its simply a boring logo in my opinion. They are missing a perfect opportunity to utilize the beautifully simple, elegant, and easily recognizable shape of the dolphin to create a truly iconic helmet logo solution that could be on par with the Vikings, Rams, and Eagles. I would go even further with the logo design from this concept by losing the unnecessary sun and enlarging the sleek two toned Dolphin and have it come completely across the helmet. You could start the tail close to the back of the helmet and wrap it around to have the head right before the beginning of the facemask. I would probably make a few changes to the actual logo to make it curl a little bit more and make it work but I think you get my point.

I really think it would be a truly beautiful and totally appropriate treatment that would take team's visual identity into the 21st century without making it look like some futuristic and forced Nike-esque dump. I have been meaning to come up with an example of what it would look like but to be honest I totally suck at these things and my time is getting eaten up by a 1 year old. Not complaining about the last one at all...he's totally worth it! :)

I'm not as in love with the Dolphins helmet as other people either. The concept Buc posted is nice and I like the logo, although it's a little too similar to Dolphins Stadium's logo, which is a little too similar to the Miami Marlins' logo.

The concept prompted a thought that I've never had before. That dolphin shape is similar in many regards to other logos that both look good, and fit the side of a football helmet. The Chargers, Patriots, and Bills come to mind. The arching dolphin fits into that same general shape. If they enlarged it to about the same size as the Chargers lightning bolt then that could be an effective, sharp look. It would look especially nice on a metallic flake teal helmet with no stripes and a white facemask.

Maybe I'll do a concept.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived