2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

^ Please do. I would love to see a Dolphins concept like that. I think that we are talking about similar solutions with slightly different treatments but I would totally dig what you are describing if it ends up being similar to what I'm picturing in my mind.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's not wearing a helmet, I'm not interested.

Yeah, what could be better than a Dolphins wearing a helmet??? The only change should be to.....................................CHANGE THE LOGO ON THE DOLPHINS' HELMET !!!! To match the real helmet, of course. With an infinite number of tiny dolphins with tinier helmets!

There was some real change like this sometime...the new Orioles cartoon bird with a cap logo matching the alternate.

A Dolphin with an "M" helmet is like Spiderman wearing a smock with his picture and name on it!

If the Fish keep on wearing white jerseys' for 14 weeks out of the year, then does it really matter what changes are made?

The Dolphins need to forget about their useless "tradition" of wearing white at home all year long during day games, and start wearing dark jersey's at home again. That will bring the aqua jersey's back and also bring the orange alternate back as well. Neither one can get worn now, when the Dolphins never play a primetime home game.

Their white/white/white look week-after-week this year, is uniform overkill. Ala, Jerreh Jones team and his mismatched dogcrap uniforms they were all year long.

Kudos to the young men I have socialized with here that have taken their considerable talents to the "big leagues." Those I know who have moved onto there, whether it be semi-personally or just through observing their obvious talents through-out the past near decade or so, its so awesome to know a few of us designers went for it, and got it. As of yet the closest i've gotten is convincing Softball teams to not just pallate swap existing logos, but the pay in that sucks. :) Shine on, you crazy diamonds. So cool to see the little nuggets you CAN drop that does not interfere with the serious confidential agreements I assume you must sign. Very cool.

As a designer, never get bogged down in the baseless judgments of those who don't understand the process of designer to client relations. If someone can't grasp that end of the day, we must 'monkey' out the design the paying customer wants; then they haven't been a professional designer. With my job's blessing, I will post the creative process that went on creating a new brand logo I (mostly) created for an extension of the current company I work for. It's a great (and, ultimately tragic) portrait of how those in high ranks, (who obviously have no background in what we do,) dictate final decisions in design.

Funny, because I'd say the same thing if he's WEARING a helmet. The whole helmet thing never sat right with me and I find it incredibly cheesy and cartoony.

What did you expect? Just having a nickname like Dolphins is cartoony.

Funny, because I'd say the same thing if he's WEARING a helmet. The whole helmet thing never sat right with me and I find it incredibly cheesy and cartoony.

First off, they have used a helmet-wearing dolphin for their entire history, so there is no reason they should get away from that at this point. Really, cartoony and cheesy is the only way you can pull off the name Dolphins. You can't make a dolphin fierce, and the only other option is to either do a crappy silhouette or make abstract, Marlins-esque garbage. It's a realistic looking dolphin with a helmet on his head. That's perfect. It's not like it's a roided-up humanized dolphin flexing his biceps.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like the dolphin wearing a helmet, it's fun. Too many teams take themselves to seriously. You're a team full of professional football players, you don't need an animal on your helmet to make your opponent think you're tough.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

First off, they have used a helmet-wearing dolphin for their entire history, so there is no reason they should get away from that at this point. Really, cartoony and cheesy is the only way you can pull off the name Dolphins. You can't make a dolphin fierce, and the only other option is to either do a crappy silhouette or make abstract, Marlins-esque garbage. It's a realistic looking dolphin with a helmet on his head. That's perfect. It's not like it's a roided-up humanized dolphin flexing his biceps.

the dolphins are a complete product of the era that they were founded and given that they are based out of south florida their identity is perfect as is...maybe wear the aqua jerseys at home but that's it.

on a side note it is funny that the common belief is that dolphins can only be represented in a cure/cartoony fashion...this is obviously due to the flipper/sea world effect as dolphins are extremely intelligent and can be very territorial and aggressive.

what does surprise me is that the orca hasn't been adopted as a primary mascot (excluding the canucks) as they are one of the most intelligent and ruthless predators in the world.

So just because its been used for a long time makes it acceptable? Not to beat a dead horse here, but just because its been around a long time it doesn't make it great. You are more than entitled to your opinion as am I, but the fact that there has never been a completely different rendering/solution to this identity OTHER than a dolphin wearing a helmet jumping up in front of a stylized sun doesn't sit well with me. There has got to be a much better way. I'm open to seeing what else can be done with it because the current logo and all others before just seem so limited to me.

I'm not defending the previous logo, which like LSU's helmet logo, looked like it was a bad photo copy of a bad copy of another bad copy. They revamped it - modernized it, added navy, simplified the sun. That's fine. But I think most people on here would agree that idea behind the logo works. And because the concept is fine, they can tweak it as they would like, as long as they stay within the concept. They shouldn't keep a helmet wearing dolphin just because, they should keep one because they have used it for their entire existence AND it is still a good idea, to many of us, anyway.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

what does surprise me is that the orca hasn't been adopted as a primary mascot (excluding the canucks) as they are one of the most intelligent and ruthless predators in the world.

There was a great concept on the boards a long time ago for the Orlando Orcas. I can't remember the artist but I'll do some digging.

Edit: The concept was for a fantasy team still in play here on the boards. Check em out in the United Football League.

Its disheartening that the trickle of information has seemingly dried up.

Is there anyone (i.e. CDixon) who can divulge a couple more nuggets about the forthcoming logo changes? I can't wait until late April....

No, because I would guess that any extra hints or tip-of-the-hand puts further risk at his job that is excruciatingly difficult to get in the first place.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I gotta agree with you especially after reviewing those concepts several times and realizing they are not as good without the helmet.

Its disheartening that the trickle of information has seemingly dried up.

Is there anyone (i.e. CDixon) who can divulge a couple more nuggets about the forthcoming logo changes? I can't wait until late April....

No, because I would guess that any extra hints or tip-of-the-hand puts further risk at his job that is excruciatingly difficult to get in the first place.

I am actually surprised this thread made it to 27 pages myself.

spacer.png

Who I'd like to see change:

Arizona Cardinals-never have liked the present uni

Atlanta Falcons-tweek the 1978 look. Use the present logo on the old unis, throw in a black alternate jersey to boot

Carolina Panthers-ditch the silver pants and go with black on black, white on white, and blue jerseys with white pants

Cincinnati Bengals-enough with the tiger stripes please

Cleveland Browns-go back to the Schottenheimer/Sipe era threads

Denver Broncos-enough with the swoosh already, try something else

Detroit Lions-keep the number set, but change the striping

Jacksonville Jaguars-just burn the present unis and start over

Miami Dolphins-ditch the navy blue

Minnesota Vikings-go old school

New England Patriots-do an updated version of the Grogan era unis

New Orleans Saints-always liked the Bum Phillips/Kenny Stabler era unis best

New York Giants-add stripes to the blue and red jerseys like the ones on the white jerseys

Oakland Raiders-silver numbers with black trim on the white jerseys

Seattle Seahawks-whoever designed the new unis has a taste for crap, Go with the 1983 uni but use the present color scheme

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-go with the creamsicle unis including the creamsicle pants

Tennessee Titans-just change it already

Washington Redskins-go back to the George Allen era unis. They're already half way there now with the gold pants.

We should stick to the four known changing teams if possible, IMO. And if the inside info has dried up, so be it. But they aren't the types to volunteer it in dead threads. Instead, they're more likely to shoot down offbase ideas.

Actually, are we down to three now? Bucs abandoned ... their changes. So it's Vikings, Jaguars and Dolphins only? And that's just talking logos. Unis might be another story.

Just to "game reset" the thread...

Archived