Dallas Stars new uniform speculation

habsfan1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ew, not the Bettman Apron...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There are quite a handful of teams with the red, white and blue colour scheme. So it would be pointless to use the colours, in place of the ones they have now.

Not really "pointless" since the Texas flag is red, white, and blue.....

Still, I'd hate for the Stars to change their colors. It's like I said earlier, they are the only major professional sports in this state with no red, blue, or silver in their scheme, making them unique here.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'll say it once and I'll say it again...this is the direction in which the Dallas Stars need to go:

DAL-Third.png

(Courtesy of ColeJ)

It would be like the Atlanta Hawks going to Navy/Red or the other Dual-Blue looks numerous NHL and NBA teams have done if the Stars ditched their Green/Gold/Black look for a rather generic Red/Blue/White look.

While I'm not crazy about the gold (should be more of a yellow IMO, or even a mustardy flat gold, like on the Stars' current set), their color scheme, when emphasizing green first, is among the most distinctive in the NHL. And that "D-Star" logo is a great new-based-on-an-old logo that they can use.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If they went RWB, I would actually miss their current set.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Exactly my thoughts. I think the team just needs a full rebrand. I don't know, just never liked any of their stuff. The only decent look was just an All Star copy! They definitely need to make green the main color again.

Yikes, that's awful. Count me as one who preferred the all star template over anything else they've worn. As I think about it, they kind of fell into the same situation as my Avs...cool template that got axed, and the replacements were never as good. Of course, if they really want to stick with the minimal design, if they'd replace black with green...

stars2-1.jpg

Yikes, that's awful. Count me as one who preferred the all star template over anything else they've worn. As I think about it, they kind of fell into the same situation as my Avs...cool template that got axed, and the replacements were never as good. Of course, if they really want to stick with the minimal design, if they'd replace black with green...

stars2-1.jpg

The Stars owner publicly said that he wants to have a jersey with the primary crest on the front. If this doesn't guarantee that the crest is coming back, I don't know what will.

On a related note, I really like the current black Stars home jersey with the script. It's has the most minimal simplicity, but it works and it looks sharp in black. That template doesn't work for their white jersey, though. With that said, I hope they keep the black jersey as an alternate when the new home and road are introduced.

It's a scary thought that management has not crossed out the possibility of changing their colors to red, white, and blue.

Here are some mock-ups that were posted on DallasNews...

1127-dal-mockup1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1354008837989

1127-dal-mockup2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1354009029161.

Full articles here. Icethetics has it covered too.

http://www.icethetic...re-rebrand.html

http://www.dallasnew...te-and-blue.ece

I'm not a hockey guy and thus my only comment is strictly design oriented. The most appropriate design solution for a team called the Stars in Texas should match the Texas flag/colors. Kind of a no brainer.

Archived