College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Colorado worn a throwback with silver helmets and a light yellow jerseys recently. Just found them on ncaa football

They wore those in 2009, IIRC.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hmm, I didn't notice it until now, but the gradients on the shoulders and the numbers of those jerseys go in opposite directions. Is it the same on Arizona's other jerseys?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Has Colorado worn a throwback with silver helmets and a light yellow jerseys recently. Just found them on ncaa football

Worn once during the '09 season vs. Wyoming.

Wyoming+v+Colorado+kvpHmfgmWhTl.jpg

I kind of wish they'd bring those back. They wouldn't work as a full-time look since getting rid of Colorado's gold helmet would be a terrible move but those aren't bad.

Arizona went blue/white/blue vs UNLV

522c019fe9634.preview-620.jpg

Love the gradient on the shoulders. Hate the number font (why go away from their old one?) and contrast belt loops (if anything, use a red belt). Annoyed that the gradient runs different directions on different elements. And that helmet looks like a throwback worn with a modern uni set.

Worn once during the '09 season vs. Wyoming.

Wyoming+v+Colorado+kvpHmfgmWhTl.jpg

I kind of wish they'd bring those back. They wouldn't work as a full-time look since getting rid of Colorado's gold helmet would be a terrible move but those aren't bad.

One of my favorite helmets! Would love to see them update, and add to current set. Put the buffalo in the back a la Oregon. Would look great IMO!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Temple went with matte Cherry helmets, while Houston went all white.

Picture059_zpsb53ba1d6.jpg

Temple's lids look good. UH looks like every other team that tries the generic white-white-white look, only maybe worse bc of the Nike panels.

Now you can get a better view of Florida's new number font:

OLD:

Jeff-Driskel.jpg

matt+jones.jpg

NEW:

hi-res-178940768_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h

ot_374284_vrag_10_gators090_11466306_8co

It doesn't really bother me either way. I just think some teams look good with a custom number font, and some teams are better with a classic font. It's like the Pittsburgh Steelers. They look fine with the italicized numbers, but they looked better with a block font.

Meanwhile, the Miami Hurricanes look better with their custom font than they would with a block font.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Oh...also, there was mention of Wisconsin's red helmets, but no photos. Here are some photos:

wisconsin-vs-tennessee-tech-sept-7.jpg

628x471.jpg

90d45c5a66f64209a74ee5df39c05336-69ee08b

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I forgot to add one other thing from last week...how is it that the Miami Hurricanes and FAU Owls could both wear their colored jerseys in the same game?

fauowls.jpg

spacer.png

Oh...also, there was mention of Wisconsin's red helmets, but no photos. Here are some photos:

wisconsin-vs-tennessee-tech-sept-7.jpg

628x471.jpg

Wisconsin helmets looked good, but now I'm kind of curious what a matte red or chrome red might have looked like on them. As for TTU, with the exception of the helmet, the rest of their set is a horrid, ugly mess.

Archived