College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...also, there was mention of Wisconsin's red helmets, but no photos. Here are some photos:

wisconsin-vs-tennessee-tech-sept-7.jpg

628x471.jpg

90d45c5a66f64209a74ee5df39c05336-69ee08b

I seriously love those red helmets....I wish that the Badgers would use them full time.

They look much better than I thought they would.

And the smartass in me says that now Wisconsin will just get flack for copying Indiana instead of Nebraska. ;)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As is customary for its second nonconference home game, LSU will break out its purple jerseys for the Kent State game, according to LSU Sports Information Director Michael Bonnette.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

As is customary for its second nonconference home game, LSU will break out its purple jerseys for the Kent State game, according to LSU Sports Information Director Michael Bonnette.

Will it be like the new white jerseys? They've worn the bowl game jerseys every game so far haven't they?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Will it be like the new white jerseys? They've worn the bowl game jerseys every game so far haven't they?

good point! Well, I hate to assume, but I bet that's the case.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

What in God's name is TTU wearing? With Ga Tech doing away with last year's nightmare, are they trying to fill some sort of hideous void?

They came out with them last year against Oregon. They have a new purple chrome helmet this year though.

Kenjon+Barner+Tennessee+Tech+v+Oregon+KW

Definition of keeping up with the Joneses, right there.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I forgot to add one other thing from last week...how is it that the Miami Hurricanes and FAU Owls could both wear their colored jerseys in the same game?

fauowls.jpg

The jersey colors contrast enough.

USC and UCLA have worn their home jerseys against one another the last couple seasons, also.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I forgot to add one other thing from last week...how is it that the Miami Hurricanes and FAU Owls could both wear their colored jerseys in the same game?

fauowls.jpg

The jersey colors contrast enough.

USC and UCLA have worn their home jerseys against one another the last couple seasons, also.

In 2011, UCLA wore all white and lost 50-0.

Ok, it took a while, but I finally have some non-negative things to say for once.

Oregon State? Oklahoma State? Not bad. Solid job.

Wisconsin? Great look. I think I prefer the white lids, but the red is very solid.

Wake Forest? Why did you steal Vanderbilt's piping jerseys? You guys don't like each other! But if WF wearing these means that Vandy will wear that style less or not at all (and so far, the influence is lessened), go for it.

FAU? I really wish you hadn't changed uniforms, because you have looked so solid for a decade...but that helmet logo is interesting.

Rutgers? That may be the best look you've worn in years. Also, I think Clarksville, TN -- Rossview High has worn that helmet before.

Also, I haven't found word of what MTSU will wear this weekend vs. Memphis yet. There was a frontload calling it The Battle of the Blue which would suggest a blue top, with a silver or white helmet and gray or white (or blue) pants. I didn't see the frontload today when I went to the site; a quick refresh showed me it was still there. It's the Hall of Fame Game, which means nothing to the uni matchup (could go traditional or make it a crazy celebration), and the schedule online has homecoming marked and nothing else. No Blackout, no Salute to Veterans (usually the last home game, or the second to last, and where one of the two white hats will be worn). So....it's a mystery.

Considering that they are Blue-and-White, I predict Silver/Blue/Gray, fwiw.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Wake Forest? Why did you steal Vanderbilt's piping jerseys? You guys don't like each other! But if WF wearing these means that Vandy will wear that style less or not at all (and so far, the influence is lessened), go for it.

Think you got that mixed up, champ.

And they're not the same. Wake uses the old Mizzou template.

Also, Vandy got new unis so the "same" template won't be seen again.

Think you got that mixed up, champ.

And they're not the same. Wake uses the old Mizzou template.

Also, Vandy got new unis so the "same" template won't be seen again.

Yeah, it's just a template popularized by Mizzou, and used by many. I think Wake is one of the last teams to keep using it.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived