2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

Remember, Illinois's motto is WIN:

Whatever

Is

Necessary

Today

Tim Beckman says he got like a 19 or something on his ACT. He was also dumb enough to dip on the sidelines of a game on national television.

We also announced a home and home with North Carolina today. Sure can't get enough of that National Championship payback.

Do not be shocked if that series gets canceled too. Heck, UNC and Minnesota were to play in this year and next year only to have Minnesota pay $800K to get out of it.

New Mexico State replaces UNC and now they are 4-0, with a realistic shot to become bowl eligible.

But for shelling out cash for a possible bowl appearance this year, out went UNC and in comes a home/home with TCU for 2014 and 2015. Also in that deal, the Gophers get $500K to play in Ft. Worth, the return game TCU gets no money and TCU takes the 2015 game which Minnesota has with South Dakota State at a cost of $400K.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU vs Georgia today.

Georgia has always been my favorite opponent out of the SEC East. I'm slightly nervous cause I think Georgia is only going to get stronger as the season runs on. While LSU's offense looks better this year, I still don't think they're proven.

Congratulations Louisville, it looks like one team on your entire schedule has a pulse after all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Watching the LSU Georgia game, the question has to be asked: Are both Murray and Zettenberger that good, or are the defenses of LSU and Georgia that suspect? It was a hell of game to watch, but it makes me wonder.

Watching the LSU Georgia game, the question has to be asked: Are both Murray and Zettenberger that good, or are the defenses of LSU and Georgia that suspect? It was a hell of game to watch, but it makes me wonder.

Regardless of conference, that is NCAA football today. Offenses try to spread the field and only the most talented and disciplined defenses are able to handle it. The vast majority of defenses are at a severe disadvantage. While Mettenberger was not even good today, it is just the way NCAA football is going to go*.

*-Unless Saban does to to Texas and he will have half of all Texas HS coaches moving back to an I-formation or a Pro-Set just because he has the power to control the talent pool.

A little bit of both. Each team had over half of their defenses drafted this year. Murray is a four year starter, and Mettenberger is a good QB. That's a recipe for a shootout.

Also, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Georgia's offense is really good. Georgia's defense is talented, but very young and inexperienced.

LSU's offense looks to be much more solid than past years. Not quite sure what to make of LSU's defense....they lost a lot of guys to the NFL last year. Probably like Georgia...talented but young.

Maybe I put too much stock in Alabama giving up 42 to Texas A&M, but I felt coming into the game that LSU had looked the most impressive of all the SEC teams so far, and considering their schedule coming up, that this was a game LSU needed much more than Georgia needed. And Georgia definitely took LSU's best punch.

It may be time to re-consider what "good defense" is in college football. We aren't that far removed from that 9-6 LSU/Alabama game, but with the spread offenses really blooming, I don't think we'll see much more of the "allowing 10 points per game". Instead, we'll think of good defenses as having the ability to get the offense off the field on 3rd-downs.

Georgia's defense did a lousy job on 3rd downs...at one point, LSU was 10-for-14 in 3rd down conversions, including converting something like a 3rd-and-22 and a couple other long 3rd downs.

Last time Cal visited Oregon, LaMichael James dislocated his elbow.

Tonight, DeAnthony Thomas limps off gingerly in clear pain (looks like he rolled ankle)

Ugh... I hate Oregon as much as anyone else but you just hate to see that happen to someone so talented. Hopefully he's OK.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This Wisconsin - Ohio State game has been fairly entertaining. I don't know what to make of the Buckeyes. I'm pretty sure they are not the #4 team in the country. Then again, with defense being what it is these days, maybe they aren't that bad. Then again - again, maybe Wisconsin is better than I'm giving them credit for.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived