New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p15615604dt.jpg

I think I may have just decided what jersey to buy.

which did you decide?

I still can't decide. All I know is I want a Limited version. All my buddies keep telling me to just to get a Peterson but I already have one in the old style.

Any thoughts?

I'm definitely waiting until the limited version comes out. Gonna go with Peterson to start. I think his 28 looks the best with the new numbers, almost like they were designed with his in mind first.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

p15615604dt.jpg

which did you decide?

I still can't decide. All I know is I want a Limited version. All my buddies keep telling me to just to get a Peterson but I already have one in the old style.

Any thoughts?

I'm definitely waiting until the limited version comes out. Gonna go with Peterson to start. I think his 28 looks the best with the new numbers, almost like they were designed with his in mind first.

I dunno, that 15 looks really good...

spacer.png

p15615604dt.jpg

which did you decide?

Any thoughts?

I actually feel this way about a lot of recent updates as in the way they seem to design the uniform to fit especially well with one specific player, like with the number fonts looking good with their numbers or design elements that fit well with their physical build (at least in the eyes of the designer). These are usually the players they model them with the most. These are the ones I connect most:

Jaguars 2009- Maurice Jones-Drew

Seahawks 2012- Marshawn Lynch

Jags 2013- Justin Blackmon

Phins 2013- Mike Wallace (though I see a bit of Cam Wake in there)

Vikes 2013- Peterson

Am I seeing things?

p15615604dt.jpg

which did you decide?

Any thoughts?

I actually feel this way about a lot of recent updates as in the way they seem to design the uniform to fit especially well with one specific player, like with the number fonts looking good with their numbers or design elements that fit well with their physical build (at least in the eyes of the designer). These are usually the players they model them with the most. These are the ones I connect most:

Jaguars 2009- Maurice Jones-Drew

Seahawks 2012- Marshawn Lynch

Jags 2013- Justin Blackmon

Phins 2013- Mike Wallace (though I see a bit of Cam Wake in there)

Vikes 2013- Peterson

Am I seeing things?

Yes. That makes absolutely no sense.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I just want to point out how much I absolutely love the non-yellow outlined numbers, that would have been pretty close to ruining it for me. White outlined in a light color makes it look fuzzy and not nearly as crisp. I love how they pop from the contrast between white and dark purple.

What's up with this? Look at the 2's

First- serifed, second- sans

p15562112dt.jpg

590x457xScreen-shot-2013-04-25-at-19.15.30--590x457.png.pagespeed.ic.IErR-JnDmw.png

HOWEVER, on Greenway's jersey, the second 2 is serifed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What's up with this? Look at the 2's

First- serifed, second- sans

p15562112dt.jpg

590x457xScreen-shot-2013-04-25-at-19.15.30--590x457.png.pagespeed.ic.IErR-JnDmw.png

HOWEVER, on Greenway's jersey, the second 2 is serifed.

Greenway's is incorrect.

There are two sets of numerals - serifed for left-hand numbers, sans for right. The only digit that applies to both is 0 (which is sans).

Sans are used for single digits.

I'm still not completely sold on the serif anywhere, but I think it looks especially weird on the right, in that Greenway mistake. Just kinda hanging off into space. If it works at all, it only does so when it can "lock" into another number. Leaving it off the single digits was wise.

Archived