New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CaCOPAu.jpg

SRVhxBV.jpg

Yeah, those pants are strange. It's hard to believe they added them just because the primary white pant's stripe don't match the jersey because;

A. In all the promo images released last week, these pants were never shown, including images of the white on white uniform, and...

B. If matching the white jersey stripe and the white pants stripe was such a concern, why wouldn't they have just made the jersey stripe match in the first place?

I wonder if these pants will never see the light of day, game-wise, and are just there to have the new redesign of the logo make an appearance somewhere in the official design sheet. I'm not sure what purpose that might serve, legally or otherwise, but I honestly can't see how the design fits into the overall package.

Neither can I - this is just bizarre.

If the white pants with regular striping "don't work" with the white jerseys, then that's just plain bad design.

Generally, it's been my experience that the Vikings' purple looks significantly better in sunlight than it does under indoor lighting.

I think every team does. Football is meant to be played outdoors.

OK, let us look at all the possible combos here... yet to be seen what combinations will actually be worn.

Have you seen the thick purple stripe pants yet? Or is this just based off Colorwerx' description?

Does anyone know for sure what finish the new helmet uses? Nike and the Vikings both say matte but I read satin on another site. I don't know much about finishes so it'd be awesome if someone could confirm.

it's satin. the Seahawks did the same. and Texas A&M

Anyone else to confirm this? The Vikings helmets definitely look a lot "flatter" to me than the Seahawks helmets.

Russell-Wilsonx-large.jpg

temptunnelshots480232--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

in those 2 pics they look very different, but the lighting/environments are also very different

tempIMG_5821_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=620&height=465

joe-mahoney-seattle-seahawks-aug-18-2012-seattle-seahawks-helmet.jpg

628x471.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Generally, it's been my experience that the Vikings' purple looks significantly better in sunlight than it does under indoor lighting.

I think every team looks better in the sun than in a dome. Some look better at night than in the day, but something about domes makes the color not as sharp..

Sorry but there's no way that's the same finish, you can see clear reflections on the Seahawks helmet and blurry/fuzzy reflections on the other two. I think the Vikings is matte and Seahawks is satin.

Have you seen the thick purple stripe pants yet? Or is this just based off Colorwerx' description?

I have seen both white pant options.

Not to sound nosey but can I ask where? And do you have any pics?

Sorry but there's no way that's the same finish, you can see clear reflections on the Seahawks helmet and blurry/fuzzy reflections on the other two. I think the Vikings is matte and Seahawks is satin.

Probably in the graphics he posted.

At least, the official graphics are the only I place I've seen them.

Probably in the graphics he posted.

At least, the official graphics are the only I place I've seen them.

When the Vikings first released the the updated Norseman logo, they said they wanted to get it updated for the new stadium and for the uniforms. So it was a little surprising to see the uniform without the logo. Now hearing there was this other version of the white pants, their statement made more sense. I am guessing that it was more of a last minute decision to scrap the pants but too late to take them out of any official guidelines. I saw this happen with Buffalo and an alternate logo years back. Not too surprising.

OK, let us look at all the possible combos here... yet to be seen what combinations will actually be worn.

Does anyone know for sure what finish the new helmet uses? Nike and the Vikings both say matte but I read satin on another site. I don't know much about finishes so it'd be awesome if someone could confirm.

it's satin. the Seahawks did the same. and Texas A&M

Anyone else to confirm this? The Vikings helmets definitely look a lot "flatter" to me than the Seahawks helmets.

Russell-Wilsonx-large.jpg

in those 2 pics they look very different, but the lighting/environments are also very different

tempIMG_5821_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=620&height=465

joe-mahoney-seattle-seahawks-aug-18-2012-seattle-seahawks-helmet.jpg

628x471.jpg

From what Nike has said, as well as the Vikings, it's matte. If you pay attention to one of the interviews of AP at Nike, he talks about the Matte helmet with silver flecks in it. I am guessing the addition of the sliver flecks makes it look more reflective than the average matte helmet, but not a shiny as a satin finish.

CaCOPAu.jpg

SRVhxBV.jpg

Yeah, those pants are strange. It's hard to believe they added them just because the primary white pant's stripe don't match the jersey because;

A. In all the promo images released last week, these pants were never shown, including images of the white on white uniform, and...

B. If matching the white jersey stripe and the white pants stripe was such a concern, why wouldn't they have just made the jersey stripe match in the first place?

I wonder if these pants will never see the light of day, game-wise, and are just there to have the new redesign of the logo make an appearance somewhere in the official design sheet. I'm not sure what purpose that might serve, legally or otherwise, but I honestly can't see how the design fits into the overall package.

Neither can I - this is just bizarre.

If the white pants with regular striping "don't work" with the white jerseys, then that's just plain bad design.

A lot of Vikings pants stripes have not matched the jersey, not that big of a deal.

It may just be because this pic was shot from field level...or maybe it's due to the type of camera that shot this, but that purple look REALLY great under those HHH Metrodome lights. (Or at least I presume that's where that was shot at.)

Of course, once the natural sun shines on them.....

... Glorious.

I agree, these uniforms are awesome

6hrq0k.png

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the number font.

Everything else though I would rate as good to decent. The return of the simple stripe on the pants is the highlight for me. Also really like the Vikings type font on the front of the jersey. Its usually one of my pet peeves for football jerseys, but it works there.

I see some room for improvement, but anything was better then the Barney Purple look. Those things should be burned in a bonfire and never spoken of again. I'd give it a 7/10 overall. I'm not blown away by it, but at the same time there's not much to dislike about it for me outside of the number font.

remember how people complained that in the old days the helmet purple did not match the jersey purple? well the matte helmet does not match the jersey purple.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I think my problem with the purple pants before was how shiny and "pretty" they looked. It just didnt look right at all.

The flat look to them makes me like them a lot more now

I absolutely agree. I couldn't stand that era of shiny materials; I love whatever Nike is using in the NFL. Not only does it look better, I don't have to spend my Sundays watching 350 lb men in shiny pants.

qvAvG.jpg

That number font looks even worse than I originally thought. Its just so G-Damned disjointed and all over the place. The sleeve stripes are equally as upsetting to me. I keep getting that same feeling that I get when I see the Charger new unis each year: why bring back a classic just to mess with it?

Archived