NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Wiz would just switch to a white outline on the numbers, they'd solve the visibility problem immediately. Instead, they pick the wrong thing to change, because that's Wizards tradition.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Wiz would just switch to a white outline on the numbers, they'd solve the visibility problem immediately. Instead, they pick the wrong thing to change, because that's Wizards tradition.

So, you'd prefer an outline that's only visible when the number intersects the horizontal stripe? That's a way to go, but I can't think of any professional team with a number trim that only partially outlines the number - and that's what a white outline would look like.

If you're gonna do that, you might as well break up the horizontal stripe so that it doesn't intersect the number - a la the USA soccer kit:

New-USA-Soccer-Kit-2012-2013.jpg

Then, the uni numbers would be a solid red on a white field.

Who knows? That might be a better look than a partial outline. However, the uni wouldn't be as much of an homage to the Unseld era kits as it is now. And, the horizontal stripe would end up looking like a side panel stripe, since it wouldn't go all the way across on either side.

On second thought: pass.

As of now, we are only in the early stages of the sleeve jerseys. Pretty soon, this will spread to college, then the designs will flow, creative or not. These will turn into college football-like uniforms

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

As of now, we are only in the early stages of the sleeve jerseys. Pretty soon, this will spread to college, then the designs will flow, creative or not. These will turn into college football-like uniforms

It's already spread to College:

Kansas-Jayhawk-Baylor-Bear-Uniforms.jpg

I don't expect any Nike schools to do it, though. This is adidas's thing.

Archived