NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get is why Adidas is continuing to force the sleeves when players and fans alike nearly universally despise them. Are they really selling that many sleeved replicas? One of the theories I've seen is that the sleeves allow for ad space, but the WNBA has had no problem fitting advertisements on their jerseys without them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

As of now, we are only in the early stages of the sleeve jerseys. Pretty soon, this will spread to college, then the designs will flow, creative or not. These will turn into college football-like uniforms

It's already spread to College:

Kansas-Jayhawk-Baylor-Bear-Uniforms.jpg

I don't expect any Nike schools to do it, though. This is adidas's thing.

My wish for the NBA: End its contract with Adidas after the 2016-17 season (the final year that they can end it). Go back to Nike, or heck even Under Armour. Anything but Adidas. FIrst they went to those weird Revolution 30 fabric outfits they did three years ago (I can't stand them). Now they are installing short sleeved jerseys (I don't think this was the NBA's idea, it is the manufacturer). And now, possibly in the near future, the horrible designed shorts. Are you kidding me? At least Nike won't go to that extreme.

With Stern gone (he was probably the brainchild of getting Adidas to the NBA), maybe Silver will finally have some guts and switch to the "Swoosh" brand four years from now. I just can't wait for 2017, maybe will finally see something better.

Hard to believe until 2010, Adidas made some fantastic NBA jerseys. Not anymore.

As of now, we are only in the early stages of the sleeve jerseys. Pretty soon, this will spread to college, then the designs will flow, creative or not. These will turn into college football-like uniforms

My wish for the NBA: End its contract with Adidas after the 2016-17 season (the final year that they can end it). Go back to Nike, or heck even Under Armour. Anything but Adidas. FIrst they went to those weird Revolution 30 fabric outfits they did three years ago (I can't stand them). Now they are installing short sleeved jerseys (I don't think this was the NBA's idea, it is the manufacturer). And now, possibly in the near future, the horrible designed shorts. Are you kidding me? At least Nike won't go to that extreme.

With Stern gone (he was probably the brainchild of getting Adidas to the NBA), maybe Silver will finally have some guts and switch to the "Swoosh" brand four years from now. I just can't wait for 2017, maybe will finally see something better.

Hard to believe until 2010, Adidas made some fantastic NBA jerseys. Not anymore.

I don't even think Nike would want a league wide contract. They'd want the handful of premier teams and that's it. Personally, I'd love it if the NBA went back to multiple suppliers like the old days.

Wow, the Clippers jersey is the first sleeved jersey that looks good. I surprisingly really like it.

I probably won't fully accept sleeved jerseys until I see a good design that makes me go, "Wow, this looks really nice. I can't imagine how this would look without sleeves." So far I haven't seen a single sleeved jersey that would look worse as a standard sleeveless jersey.

agreed. the sleeves are adding NO aesthetic value in any design thusfar from adidas. it's more like SFSS (sleeves for sleeves sake) to me. i'd be curious to see the merch numbers for the sleeved jerseys, because they seem widely disliked.

reebok won the exclusive contract then adidas acquired reebok which allowed them to swap labels

Doesnt the sleeves have to do with soccer jersey sales?

More people would rather wear a jersey with sleeves than a tank top

At least that's what I thought these sleeves are about

But this isn't soccer, it's basketball, and basketball fans prefer the tank-top-style jerseys.
But the theory is that most fans would prefer to wear sleeves when out and about on the street.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Clippers unis would be perfect without sleeves. If I was a player, I'd cut them off and refuse to wear them.

Agreed. I would love it if a player that was having a bad shooting performance tore the sleeves off during the game just to tick off the NBA and Adidas.

Chris Douglas-Roberts did this during summer league.

Doesnt the sleeves have to do with soccer jersey sales?

More people would rather wear a jersey with sleeves than a tank top

At least that's what I thought these sleeves are about

But this isn't soccer, it's basketball, and basketball fans prefer the tank-top-style jerseys.

Adidas and the NBA should be focused on the comfort of the players. And I have not heard a single player say he prefers the sleeved jerseys. I have heard multiple say the opposite.

The Clippers unis would be perfect without sleeves. If I was a player, I'd cut them off and refuse to wear them.

No you wouldn't.

How do you know, bro?

Because the NBA won't allow you to play with mismatching uniform

Great, I'd accept the fine or demand a trade. I'd rather that than look like an amateur basketball team.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Archived