New Sun Belt Conference Logo

Red Wolf

It's not a downgrade, really.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

"Together we rise" is a crappy motto for a Karl Benson run league that is losing 5 members over the next 2 years and adding 5 new and 2 affiliate members in that span. Loyalty is not a strong point for this league.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really? I'm not going to suggest something sinister, or that its a direct rip, but shouldn't you avoid what is basically a simplifcation of another conference's championship logo?

2012BigTenBasketballTournament.png

I agree. This is horrible. The wordmark doesn't match the loho. It's like two different elements forced together

Does it really matter, this conference is going under in a couple of years anyway.

How do you figure?

As far as the logo it would okay as a basketball logo for the conference but it does not work as the main logo.

spacer.png

i'm clearly in the minority that thinks this is pretty good...not the best i've ever seen, but an upgrade over the previous logo - i think the round secondary logo actually works pretty well...would like to see the full color version without the gradients and web effects - you get a good look at it without the effects on the school specific images, and it's really nice - interestingly, the primary typeface on the secondary (is that house industries united?) is very different (and better, in my opinion) than the typeface on the primary logo

overall, i'd give this a solid b

edit: they've already started to ruin this logo...go to their page and see how the white "spokes" of the sun have been replaced with black http://www.sunbeltsp...Conference.aspx - those "spokes" and outline are really an integral part of the logo, in my opinion, and it looks BAD without them

jldesigns404eo.png

Really? I'm not going to suggest something sinister, or that its a direct rip, but shouldn't you avoid what is basically a simplifcation of another conference's championship logo?

2012BigTenBasketballTournament.png

This was my first thought, too. I'd have trouble believing this was anything less than a direct inspiration.

It's a decent looking logo, but hard to get too excited about it with this in mind.

Archived