MLB throwback/special uniform thread

ThorSkaagi

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually care for that cap (the addition of orange turned a gorgeous color scheme overdone), but it's still so far ahead of what they wear now.

Yep, I never cared for the addition of orange in 1984 (?), either. The brown-yellow without orange is one of my favorite caps of all-time, and I think it has aged well because they didn't make the alternate color out of the entire two front panels, but rather did the Taco Bell cap.

There's some good research on the classic Padres caps here, for any who are interested, by the way: http://ballcapblog.blogspot.com/

It's better than the retail version of the Rays faux-backs from last year. The on field looked like that Padres cap above, but the one sold in stores was the full front 2 panels in light blue.

That issue has been fixed for some recently released caps. Same look as the Padres ones.

As most of us are aware, the Rays 70's unis will be worn next Saturday the 6th. I just saw a commercial advertising the game, and the White Sox logo used on the commercial was the current diagonal Sox logo in red, not black. Im curious to know what unis the Chisox are going to have.

I'm thinking we might see this road uni:

al_1975_chicago.gif

That would set me a-tingle.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

MLB 4th of July caps. Proceeds from sales go to the organization Welcome Back Veterans.

Home teams have white caps, visiting teams have gray caps.

july4caps.png

Seeing this makes me hate the Brewers logo even more. But cool idea by MLB

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Perhaps Gothamite can help me on this, but didn't the Brewers have a 4th of July hat in either 2000 or 2001? I remember someone in my family wearing one as I was in Milwaukee for a 4th of July celebration in either 2000 or 2001, I can't remember.

bSLCtu2.png

I wonder if next year the series that take place over the fourth will all feature a flip flop of who is home and road so that we see the same caps in the reverse colors for each team.

I wonder if next year the series that take place over the fourth will all feature a flip flop of who is home and road so that we see the same caps in the reverse colors for each team.

Don't think that will happen. But they'll change the color of the brim so it's just different enough

Go A's!

Love the idea, already got my Yankees one, but don't like that they did these with the BP material.

I prefer the regular style hats. I'm not sure why or who is pushing them to use the BP hats and now these are the BP style, unless the players really like it. I'm not a fan.

2ly2w09.jpg

Should be - both Brewers jerseys are available, as are the Twins' and Cardinals' from the same events.

Perhaps Gothamite can help me on this, but didn't the Brewers have a 4th of July hat in either 2000 or 2001? I remember someone in my family wearing one as I was in Milwaukee for a 4th of July celebration in either 2000 or 2001, I can't remember.

Pretty sure that was a fashion cap, maybe even a stadium giveaway. I'm not familiar with a special July 4 cap until they were part of a Leagues-wide event.

As most of us are aware, the Rays 70's unis will be worn next Saturday the 6th. I just saw a commercial advertising the game, and the White Sox logo used on the commercial was the current diagonal Sox logo in red, not black. Im curious to know what unis the Chisox are going to have.

I'm thinking we might see this road uni:

al_1975_chicago.gif

That would set me a-tingle.

Rays just confirmed that the Sox will wear the above home jerseys from 1974 on Saturday night.

Archived