NCAA Football 14

MGoBlue98

Confirmed by Steve_OS over at Op Sports.

"Just received confirmation that the NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack DLC will arrive Tuesday 07/23 (timing based on 1st party). It will be free and contain about 20 teams. The full list of teams will be released Monday."

I hope they fix the gray facemask issue!

spacer.png

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to eventually see a game with FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII. I know that's a lot to ask, but it's doable.

I don't know if it's doable for a for-profit company like EA. The number of additional games they would sell, versus the amount of time and licensing fees they would have to spend getting all those teams right, probably isn't worth it. Plus, how would they possibly be able to come close to accurate ratings for players in the lower divisions, when TV and media coverage is spotty at best?

Honestly, with D2 and lower, it might be best to just randomly generate the players based on which teams have a strong offense/defense etc. Somebody who has nothing better to do will probably take it upon themselves to go through and fix everything and share his roster like they have for the past few years.

I would love to eventually see a game with FBS, FCS, DII, and DIII. I know that's a lot to ask, but it's doable.

I don't know if it's doable for a for-profit company like EA. The number of additional games they would sell, versus the amount of time and licensing fees they would have to spend getting all those teams right, probably isn't worth it. Plus, how would they possibly be able to come close to accurate ratings for players in the lower divisions, when TV and media coverage is spotty at best?

Honestly, with D2 and lower, it might be best to just randomly generate the players based on which teams have a strong offense/defense etc. Somebody who has nothing better to do will probably take it upon themselves to go through and fix everything and share his roster like they have for the past few years.

Even then, it might not be worth the effort to get the licensing for the logos, and input the correct logos and uniforms, for all those teams. Realistically, if an alum of a DII or DIII school is going to buy the game because their school is in it, they were probably going to buy it anyway.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

There's also the issue of disc space. Having a game with every D1, D2 and D3 school may be something that consoles can't handle right now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

D2 & D3 would be a some cool DLC though that some might pay a few bucks for. I recall that they used to have the Ivy League in the game, which was kind of cool. At least the FCS teams would be better than the generic teams they use now.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

There's also the issue of disc space. Having a game with every D1, D2 and D3 school may be something that consoles can't handle right now.

\

I'm sure PS3 could handle it with blu ray...more than likely the xbox 360 holding it back

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

\

I'm sure PS3 could handle it with blu ray...more than likely the xbox 360 holding it back

I'm sick of the PS3 getting handcuffed by the Xbox. It's not my fault the hardware lags behind. I also blame the devs for not pushing the system to limits or the Sony people for not pushing them to make a better product to try to persuade Xbox customers to be a Sony customer by offering a different product. I also cannot understand how the older systems on DVDs or early blu-rays had the lower level teams or when Madden had the Pro-Bowl with everyone's individual helmet. What will be the excuse for PS4/XB1?

KISSwall09.jpg

\

Well, although the PS3 does have more space than the 360, it still has its limitations. MLB The Show's crew talks about how they try to put each team's individual uniforms in the All-Star Game like in real life, but it crashed all the time in testing so they stuck with the BP uniforms

Next-Gen I don't think will be as much as an issue with these things. Though quite frankly I'd only be using FCS schools for filling in schedules in dynasty or starting an Ivy League dynasty or something. It would be nice to use, yes, but unless there's a full FCS dynasty mode it's not a top concern for me

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

How do I download the update?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

How do I download the update?

Go to team management in the main menu.

But about the uniforms, I didn't even know UCLA was getting an update this year.

They're adopting Adidas' silly new tire tread:

ucla-bruins-new-football-uniforms-jerseys-2013.png

Looks like Adidas is up to their old tricks and almost all of their schools have those stretch marks on the jerseys. Badgers haven't even said they will have them but in the game they do

Does anyone know why Michigan has a gray facemask on their helmet?

I heard there is a glitch this year (where it came from, who knows) that a ton of teams have a gray mask. This is the first year in a decade I didn't bother with the game so I just go by what people are posting on other message boards.

Saw that A&M updates are the new Adidas templates but no black unis or maroon/black helmet. Lame

Why would they give you a uniform aTm wears when they can sell it to you as a "special" uniform? (F-EASports)

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived