NCAA Football 14

MGoBlue98

I'm hoping another group or 2 make a go of it. Even if it means making every team in a set conference equal to avoid the likeness debate. Actual player likenesses obviously is the main issue here. It will be nice to see Madden challenged in the near future by other developers as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got the game, the first thing it did after the update was tell me about the uni packs.

So I think ok cool, I'll download it.

Then I see they are charging 99 cents. Seriously? I get that is isn't that much money, it's just the fact that you have to pay more money than the cost of the game to get the jerseys teams actually wear?

...the :censored:ing :censored:?

I'd agree with this if teams weren't changing/unveiling uniforms every three weeks. A lot of changes didn't arrive until after the game was released.

but things like Indiana's helmets or LSU's jerseys have been out from summer on and they are not in the game, and yet they pump out updates for GLOVES!!! really?

Yeah I really don't get why the priority is gloves and not uniforms. Probably has something to do with development money...who knows.

I'm hoping another group or 2 make a go of it. Even if it means making every team in a set conference equal to avoid the likeness debate. Actual player likenesses obviously is the main issue here. It will be nice to see Madden challenged in the near future by other developers as well.

The other group (or 2) has to make sure it's profitable. The likeness settlement will make any college football video game a risky venture at best.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wonder if EA can just keep updating NCAA 14 for the next few years since no new game is coming out?

The press release said they are dismantling the team and they will be reassigned. Maybe since they sucked from PS2/Xbox transition to PS3/360, they will take a few years off, develop a better game and see where the lawsuits go. My guess...that's it and that's the end of the series. There hasn't been a basketball game in years...

Sadly being reassigned will mean to the unemployment line.

The best hope for gamers out there would be for the dedicated ncaa gamers to keep the game and rosters relevant but are these type of games even hackable like that? I understand tech but know very little of how EA sets these things up for the long term.

I'm sure the rosters will be updated for a long time by the gaming community. The minor problems is the playoff system will never be instituted; the major problem is it will only be on obsolete consoles. I'll be happy to continue playing on PS3 with updated rosters but I'm sure I'll lose interest when I eventually get a PS4.

I wonder if EA can just keep updating NCAA 14 for the next few years since no new game is coming out?

The press release said they are dismantling the team and they will be reassigned. Maybe since they sucked from PS2/Xbox transition to PS3/360, they will take a few years off, develop a better game and see where the lawsuits go. My guess...that's it and that's the end of the series. There hasn't been a basketball game in years...

Sadly being reassigned will mean to the unemployment line.

The best hope for gamers out there would be for the dedicated ncaa gamers to keep the game and rosters relevant but are these type of games even hackable like that? I understand tech but know very little of how EA sets these things up for the long term.

I'm sure the rosters will be updated for a long time by the gaming community. The minor problems is the playoff system will never be instituted; the major problem is it will only be on obsolete consoles. I'll be happy to continue playing on PS3 with updated rosters but I'm sure I'll lose interest when I eventually get a PS4.

And also, after a few years, EA (and other companies) shut down the servers so you wouldn't be able to play anyone or download a roster via the locker.

KISSwall09.jpg

• 1 month later...

NCAA Football 14 uniform pack 5 and 6 are available now for 360 (later today for PS3) for $1.00 each.

Uniform Store Pack #5

Alabama
Jersey Red
Jersey White

Florida
Jersey Blue
Jersey Orange
Jersey White
Pants Blue
Pants Orange
Pants White

South Carolina
Jersey Garnet
Jersey White
Pants Garnet
Pants White

Tennessee
Jersey Gray
Pants Gray

Texas A&M
Helmet Black
Jersey Black
Pants Black
Gloves Black
Base Layer Black

Western Kentucky Helmet Chrome
Jersey Black
Jersey Red
Jersey White
Pants Black
Pants Red
Pants White

Uniform Store Pack #6

Oregon
Helmet Carbon/Yellow
Helmet White/Silver
Jersey Spring Game Green
Jersey Spring Game White
Pants Spring Game Green
Pants Spring Game White

Texas
Jersey Burnt Orange
Jersey White
Pants White

Texas Tech
Helmet White
Helmet Black
Helmet Gray
Jersey Black
Jersey White
Jersey Gray
Pants Black
Pants White
Pants Gray

UL-Monroe
Helmet White
Jersey White
Pants White
Jersey Maroon

Its on the real one it says guns up

NCA14XBX_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_HqF_zps4a5de6

That mysterious white line across the left leg is really annoying the piss out of me.

Its not a white line it says "Guns Up"

Thanks for the info.....I still hate it as it is not symetrical with the other leg.

spacer.png

Archived