Rarely seen jerseys

kw11333

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each year the Western Australian Football League commemorates NAIDOC (National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee) week by having all teams play in jumpers that feature indigenous styling features. Here are several of the 2013 jumpers:

79n6rbhbzx1k-200px_zps8b3437b7.jpg

lflxp4ki8kky_zpsd0c92b3f.jpg

coqvccjqjnl0_zpsef5e0fb8.jpg

For some reason, the Oilers barely wore their blues in the two seasons before becoming the Titans...only time I remember them wearing blue instead of white as the Tennessee Oilers was when they played the Cowboys in 97. Judging by the patch, this is the next to nonexistent 98 version.

16412a_lg.jpeg#

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Buffalo-Sabres-Red-Alternate-Jersey-2000-06.jpg

I have a Michael Peca version of this jersey. He sat out the entire year that they introduced it in a contract dispute and was later traded; he never actually wore it.

besides the wordmark on the hem, that actually isnt that bad of a jersey

It's not, but it made them the 5th team to wear red jerseys and socks with black pants and helmets. They were nothing the hockey world hadn't already seen a thousand times.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For some reason, the Oilers barely wore their blues in the two seasons before becoming the Titans...only time I remember them wearing blue instead of white as the Tennessee Oilers was when they played the Cowboys in 97. Judging by the patch, this is the next to nonexistent 98 version.

16412a_lg.jpeg#

According to GUD here's when the blues were worn in 1997. They don't have 1998 completed.

1997: Week 2 @ Miami, Week 14 @ Dallas.

According to my own research that 1998 blue jersey was never worn, not even during a preseason game.

Anaheim Angels' original alternate. Worn once on July 4, 1997.

ana-f.jpg

ana-b.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

GretzkyBurgerKing.jpg

Thank god these were only worn less than 3 times. This is what happens when you let a graphic designer, who has no concept of sports design something. You don't use a design grid, when creating a jersey! The logo needs to be centered.

Personally, I thought these one-year-wonders 1997 Edmonton Oilers jerseys were fantastic. No idea why they ditched the shoulders

EdmontonOilersHome1996-1997.jpg

But they're so rare that I couldn't even find a photo of them in action, just the jerseys themselves.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Personally, I thought these one-year-wonders 1997 Edmonton Oilers jerseys were fantastic. No idea why they ditched the shoulders

EdmontonOilersHome1996-1997.jpg

But they're so rare that I couldn't even find a photo of them in action, just the jerseys themselves.

It reminds me of when the Blues added red... not a terrible look, but completely unnecessary.

That oil-rigger shoulder patch remains a personal favorite.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So I was at the home-run derby last week, and they showed a brief clip showing some Mets history. Included in it was the 1997 MLB-wide retirement of Jackie Robinson's #42. Now, for those who don't remember, the main ceremony that year took place at Shea, as the Mets acted as the heir-apparent to the Dodgers NY legacy.

1389148405_ba5e431290_z.jpg?zz=1

Now, I remembered that part. But what I didn't remember was that the Mets wore their "Ice Cream Man" uniforms for that game. If I remember correctly, these were only worn a few times in 1997, and then retired. Interesting that such a rare uniform was worn on such a prominent day in team history.

3872424416_c61a9f244a_o.png

Anubis.png

Pretty sure the Seminoles wore these one time, lost, and retired the set

FSU2.7.jpg

The jokes wrote themselves mightily that day.

Archived