NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acquire Manziel in 2016.

I have a bad feeling about Manziel in the pros - something about his attitude just screams "bust." I'm hoping the Chargers just tank for Bridgewater or Boyd.

You may wanna keep these two words in the back of your mind re: Bridgewater and/or Boyd:

1.) Andre

2.) Ware

/dfwabel mode

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This team might rival the Jaguars for worst in the league when it's all said and done.

Did you see the Jags play on Sunday? Yes the Chargers should have won last night, and yes it's frustrating that they didn't. Considering that they weren't even supposed to put up a fight against Houston though? They've exceeded my expectations. They probably won't make the playoffs, but they're not worse then the Jaguars. Not by a long shot.

Acquire Manziel in 2016.

I have a bad feeling about Manziel in the pros - something about his attitude just screams "bust." I'm hoping the Chargers just tank for Bridgewater or Boyd.
Didn't you say that about Colin Kaepetnick?

Watching condensed editions of every game. Just got done w/ the Browns/Phins game and all the hate for Weeden isn't justified. His receivers caused all those picks because of stone hands and his offensive line blows. Numerous tipped passes, holding, false starts, and constant pressure. Weeden had pretty awesome ball placement when he had time to throw.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Many times interceptions aren't really the fault of the QB. Route running is just as important. The QB relays the call on the field, they know what route their WR's are expected to run, and under normal circumstances (which is to say that there's no breakdown up front, the QB isn't forced to scramble out of the pocket, etc.) they often will make their decisions based on what they expect.

Take the last pick Eli threw on Sunday. He was expecting Scott to have run a short route in the flat, and turn around. When Eli threw, Scott hadn't turned around fully, the ball deflected off his hand, and that was that.

It takes two to tango. It's very similar to catcher's who have the perception of being easy to steal against. Maybe that's true, but if the pitcher has a slow delivery, there's not much a catcher is gonna be able to do. It's just an easy narrative to blame the QB/catcher for that stuff. How much fun would we have with Tony Romo if we pointed out the times where the pick wasn't really his fault? North American sports media would be nothing without cheap, easy narratives to fall back on.

spacer.png

Many times interceptions aren't really the fault of the QB. Route running is just as important. The QB relays the call on the field, they know what route their WR's are expected to run, and under normal circumstances (which is to say that there's no breakdown up front, the QB isn't forced to scramble out of the pocket, etc.) they often will make their decisions based on what they expect.

Take the last pick Eli threw on Sunday. He was expecting Scott to have run a short route in the flat, and turn around. When Eli threw, Scott hadn't turned around fully, the ball deflected off his hand, and that was that.

It takes two to tango. It's very similar to catcher's who have the perception of being easy to steal against. Maybe that's true, but if the pitcher has a slow delivery, there's not much a catcher is gonna be able to do. It's just an easy narrative to blame the QB/catcher for that stuff. How much fun would we have with Tony Romo if we pointed out the times where the pick wasn't really his fault? North American sports media would be nothing without cheap, easy narratives to fall back on.

Be expecting a friend request from Neil O'Donnell any minute now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As you brought it to Romo, on Sunday night, Mundy's INT was because of rookie Terrance Williams failing to correctly read the signal given to him. They left the huddle with one call, then at the line Romo gave Williams signal. Place the error on Williams being his first NFL game and that was to be his first NFL catch.

The both the NBA broadcast and All-22 shows he (Williams) was given the sign at the line of scrimmage. Both Witten and Austin knew the blocking scheme, even Amukamara knew it was going to be a slant yet Williams did not read the audible at the line from Romo to run a slant and be inside of Amukamara at the throw.

I'll elaborate more on this during the Basically Sports podcast on Thursday but the Jacksonville Jaguars are an absolute disgrace to the NFL. Just watched their beating at the hands of the Chiefs and for a home opener it was unreal how behind the 8 ball they are as a franchise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But Khan is awesome you guyzzz!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hard to judge him as an owner. The only thing we have against him primarily is the god-awful uniforms. Meddling owners like Jerry Jones or scumbags like Tom Benson are unique cases.

It's too early to judge Benson as a coach and it'll take years before Gene Smith's offseasons prove out one way or the other, but if I'm a fan of this franchise and on the first week of the season see the league's worst offense, worst uniforms, worst ______ all on display with 15 of these suckers left, I hang up the jersey and invest heavily in something, ANYTHING - be it the stupid Panthers or the Lightning or take up golf. This team isn't a piece or two away from making the playoffs - they're a 3-year-fire-sale-rebuild away from getting BACK to mediocrity.

twitter

Hard to judge him as an owner. The only thing we have against him primarily is the god-awful uniforms. Meddling owners like Jerry Jones or scumbags like Tom Benson are unique cases.

It's too early to judge Benson as a coach and it'll take years before Gene Smith's offseasons prove out one way or the other, but if I'm a fan of this franchise and on the first week of the season see the league's worst offense, worst uniforms, worst ______ all on display with 15 of these suckers left, I hang up the jersey and invest heavily in something, ANYTHING - be it the stupid Panthers or the Lightning or take up golf. This team isn't a piece or two away from making the playoffs - they're a 3-year-fire-sale-rebuild away from getting BACK to mediocrity.

I think he has been an excellent owner and I don't feel like I have been lied to about the current state of this team. If anyone thought this team was close to being competitive, they were deluding themselves.

On the reality front, the Jags defense played their asses off against KC. They gave up touchdown drives of 21, 24 and 57 yards, paired with a 10 yard pick six. With as horribad as the offense was, KC gained less than 300 yards of offense, Considering the D never got more than three minutes of rest I can live with that. The interior of the O-line is a dumpster fire. The pass rush is still nowhere to be seen and we have possibly the worst QB duo in modern history.

I have been saying that this isn't a rebuild. This has been a "burn s*** to the ground and build a whole new building" process. There was no baby in the bathwater to be thrown out. They are effectively building a whole new franchise from the ground up, without the aid of an expansion draft. I have been in agreement with several others that the starting QB for next season is not on this team and I don't think the backup is either.

I am fully prepared for another two win season, or less. However I do expect this team to get better as the season goes along. I am hyped by the foundation that this staff has started to lay.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Yeah, that was an ugly ass showing by Jacksonville on Sunday. That has more to do with the makeup of the team then the owner. Hate to say it, but if the Jags can win 4 games, it'll be a great season for them. It's that bad there.

As for me.. I'm happy that Seattle won. But, that is NOT going to fly with the Forty Whiners coming to town for a Sunday nighter. 12 points and a lackluster running game won't win that game.

So part of Chip Kelly's way of getting plays in as fast as possible involves play cards that are just pictures. During one of the pre season games, there was a huge Bart Simpson on the sidelines. The other night, there was these:

0ap1000000241866.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived