2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White helmets have been standard for the USA for a while.

1134994_slide.jpg

56880970.jpg

97178832_10.jpg

oshie-quick_2824063b.jpg

Personally, I prefer it to this:

11_slide.jpg

I know they have worn white helmets for quite a while. I was just making the point that they do this because the shade of navy isn't consistent between manufacturers, so they decided to wear navy. This link from USA Hockey was on Uniwatch on Friday.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jMFcLwmGyemy1JArhmMC9Q-GEVWlbG6hduBD1lgCTZs/edit?pli=1

I've seen the golden stars on the Russian jersey, but could somebody explain to me why the golden crowns are on Canada replicas but not on the authentic jerseys???

First off, they're maple leaves, not crowns on the Canadian jerseys. On the authentics they appear on the inside chest of the jersey. Since the replica's are stitched and not screened or heat pressed like the authentics, they couldn't place them at the same spot, so they were placed on the lower front corner instead.

This is kind of related to the thread. I just ordered this t-shirt.

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

After a good shootout in a round-robin game? Not trying to be a dick, but unless you guys win gold, that shirt will be no good to wear in two weeks.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

After a good shootout in a round-robin game? Not trying to be a dick, but unless you guys win gold, that shirt will be no good to wear in two weeks.

As much as some of the shirts I've seen are sick, you're absolutely right. I REALLY would have no reason to wear, being a Blackhawks fan.

spacer.png

spacer.png

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

That's a bit much for a preliminary round win. I loved every moment of it, and it was a great moment as a USA fan, but not shirt worthy. Not a bad idea for every player on the squad. As a sharks fan I'd buy a joe shirt.

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

That's a bit much for a preliminary round win. I loved every moment of it, and it was a great moment as a USA fan, but not shirt worthy. Not a bad idea for every player on the squad. As a sharks fan I'd buy a joe shirt.
I guess I forgot to mention I'm a Blues fan.

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

Even if the US wins, having a shirt like this is pretty pointless, unless you're an Oshie fan. But in a shootout, and when games don't mean all that much. I'm sorry, what he accomplished was okay, but what Jeff Carter did was more impressive (an in game hat trick with other players on the ice). I'm a US citizen and what he did was something to talk about, but not even shirt worthy. First of all, the olympics do shootouts incorrectly. Why in the heck is one player allowed to take multiple shots, when you have other players on the ice. I don't have a problem with the shootout, but the olympics version is the dumbest thing I've seen.

tj-sochi-shirt.jpg

Even if the US wins, having a shirt like this is pretty pointless. I could understand if he had an awesome tournament and scored a hat trick in the gold medal game, but let's be honest with ourselves. He did this in an exhibition game. When everyone advances, it's a preseason game. He did this in a shootout when the game didn't really matter. Big whoopie. And this coming from a US citizen. Few are going to remember, because it didn't matter.
I agree with your point, though if he had a hat trick in a victorious gold-medal game, this shirt would still be relevant because it doesn't directly reference the shoutout (i.e. It could represent his while body of work)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

yeah let's get realistic here. While Oshie basically single-handedly won the shootout for Team USA. It was a round robin game between two pretty evenly-matched teams. Some people are acting like he just took out the Soviet Red Army to win a Gold Medal.

white helmets on team usa works, in my opinion. i'm pretty sure its an american tradition that the "good guys" wear white hats in old westerns. and what's more american than an old western movie?

I hope they wear those the rest of the games. It looked so classy very 80 Miracle feel especially after beating Russia

those are replicas of the jerseys, they wore in 1960. They dont really look anything like what they wore in 1980.

Sunday

kessel-jvr.jpg

114772a_lg.jpeg

usa2.jpg

Archived