2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Wow, and I thought 'Lumbus got fleeced in the Gaborik trade.... how does Garth Snow still have a job?

Because Islanders Owner saw him wearing his shoulder pads the biggest since Joan Crawford scramed no more wire hanger and thught it was all muscle and is afraid of him.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, Buffalo know how this works. Traded Vanek and Miller, then traded what big pieces they got back in Moulson and Halak, and other parts for draft picks/prospects. That's how you

restock. Good on ya, Sabres

Hopefully they won't be like the Oilers, who had the numerous #1 picks and are still at the bottom of the league, and are still seemingly rebuilding.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

What's the last straw if you're an Isles fan? How can you keep coming back to that?

In total, Garth Snow traded Matt Moulson and a 1st Round Pick for Sebastien Collber and a 2nd Round Pick... Garbage.

As a lifelong Isles fan I just don't know the answer. Maybe masochism.

At least I got to see the 4 cups and the glory years. I'm definitely losing my interest in hockey for sure.

I take back my prior statement of Vanek not getting traded being the most Islander thing ever

THIS is the most Islander thing ever

Garth was too busy eating pizza and napping to worry about making a deal but hey we got a 2d round pick out of it! /sarcasm

Wait...it gets better...the 2d round pick coming back to the Isles is conditional on the Habs making the playoffs. Meaning if they don't make the playoffs then the deal is Vanek for Colburg straight up. F U Garth Snow and Charles Wang for keeping this incompetent around for as long as you have.

Also the Isles sent their 5th round pick to Montreal (also conditional.)

I mean I don't see Montreal missing the playoffs, but oh, man. How do you even agree to that?

How was there NO deal better than that?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I mean I don't see Montreal missing the playoffs, but oh, man. How do you even agree to that?

How was there NO deal better than that?

It's Garth Snow and Charles Wang. As the guys on TSN said (and rightly so) during the tradecenter broadcast It's the Islanders. Nothing they do makes sense.

Kekalainen is stockpiling draft picks, and so that helps the future (as much as second and third round picks help), and I know this is a move to get something for a guy who they weren't going to resign after the season, but my whole goal (as if I have any control here) for this team this year is to make the playoffs this season.

They're 15-6-1 since January 1st and 12-5-1 of those were without Gaborik, but they're still a worse team without him than they are with him.

edit: listening to Jarmo's press conference right now and he really didn't think Gaborik fit in with the system they're trying to play in Columbus

"With the unfortunate injuries, he never got on a roll. He wasn't going to stay here after this year."

"You can have a big name and a big career but it can be hard to find a fit somewhere. He just didn't fit."

"Gaborik wanted it to work and we wanted it to work. But it didn't, and we both had to move on."

Knowing that their plan was never to resign him I guess it's a good thing they got something out of it. Just wish they could've squeezed a little more.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So Greg Sherman, the idiot. Sends Calgary a second round pick for Reto Berra.

And then we send Lee Stempniak to Pittsburgh for a third. Not even some middling prospect. Burkie, my god.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I really hoped Vanek would go anywhere except the Leafs or Canadiens, he's a Sens killer. I guess it's just as bad to have him in Montreal rather than Buffalo, who by the way are looking more and more to be a free two points for the rest of the season.

On Ottawa's side, I'm suppose I'm happy with the day. Phillips (can) be a good defense and leader, and at least we didn't give up any players or high draft picks for Hemsky.

But I'm still confused by Conacher's waiving, he was a good role player at times and was going through a rough spot offensively, yes, but I think he could have benefited from playing somewhere other than with Spezza, I think he would have made a good line with Neil and Condra IMHO. But I don't see why you would waive your current first line winger to bring in another first line winger. Why not Kassian, what has he really done for the team this season?

Wow, and I thought 'Lumbus got fleeced in the Gaborik trade.... how does Garth Snow still have a job?

Because Islanders Owner saw him wearing his shoulder pads the biggest since Joan Crawford scramed no more wire hanger and thught it was all muscle and is afraid of him.

What the :censored: are you talking about?

I have long ago stopped even trying to understand anything my Islanders do.

What's going on in their back room wouldn't even be funny if it was a completely different NHL team, it doesn't just depress me as an Islanders fan, but as a hockey fan in general

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived