2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I'm so frustrated in the Senators this season.

They showed us tonight that they can play like an elite team and have that drive to win, but they never have it consistently. They're a lazy team, especially when they're playing a team they think they can be beat. It's usually not a case of the other team being better of us, it's just that we make tons of defensive mistakes and the forwards don't push the play up enough.

Take tonight for example, we start off like crap, outshot 16-7 in the 1st against Nashville of all teams, then we have a weak 2nd period, letting in three goals. Then we come out to play for what seems to be the fourth time this season, and come back to tie it. We carry that momentum into the OT period and have some good chances, then Karlsson thinks he's a forward and goes to the net and Phillips just plain gives it away at the point, Nasvhille has a 2 on 0 and they score. And just like that we've lost.

I suppose I'll take the point considering our second period, but Ottawa needs to be winning these games.

So from what I'm reading when the game is made up it'll start all over again with the Blue Jackets leading 1-0 even though Peverley collapsed with 7 minutes gone in the period.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So from what I'm reading when the game is made up it'll start all over again with the Blue Jackets leading 1-0 even though Peverley collapsed with 7 minutes gone in the period.

Which I think was the exact same situation as the Fischer incident. The Preds had a 1-0 lead at the time it happened, and the game started from the beginning with them leading by that score.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I know I bring up the whole "shoot first/shoot second" debate much more often than I would wish or anyone else would, but I really need some help in figuring this out.

I mean, in baseball why do home teams in baseball bat second? In college football, why do teams that win the coin toss in OT elect to go on defense? Why should shootout decisions be ANY different? It seems like the exact same philosophy to me. I’d honestly be a little more accepting of these results that keep happening in shootouts on the Lightning's home ice if I wasn’t already pissed off at the decision making beforehand. The last three shootouts, Cooper has elected to shoot first. All three times, Tampa lost. Now, I fully understand that you will never win a shootout, first shot or second shot, if you don’t actually score any goals, and this team sans Kucherov is absolute crud in the shootout, but I'm arguing the philosophy of the matter here. And I have yet to hear a single convincing argument to get me to leer off this perch that I've been on ever since the shootout came into being.

spacer.png

Three games in four nights for the Leafs, all 10:00 or 10:30 starts, all week nights, and all strong opponents (LA, SJ, ANA). Not fun!

Welcome to California, ya Leafs. Enjoy the ride!

drew_california.gif

3-0 Leafs over the Ducks midway through the second.

This Western Conference isn't so tough B)

Really, Canucks fans should have seen this coming once Gillis started airlifting in the entire Florida Panthers roster.

And the guy gave Tortorella a FIVE YEAR CONTRACT. In a market where NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO HIRE HIM, he gave Torts FIVE :censored:ING YEARS.

I think there's a housecleaning gig coming up soon.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

iVwofLSxJ3IVw.gif

That was the ceremonial passing of the torch from the Isles to the Canucks for the league's laughing stock.

What about Edmonton? We're still pretty laughable.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

iVwofLSxJ3IVw.gif

That was the ceremonial passing of the torch from the Isles to the Canucks for the league's laughing stock.

What about Edmonton? We're still pretty laughable.

No, we just shake our heads and tell the children to look away.

Archived