2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

iVwofLSxJ3IVw.gif

That was the ceremonial passing of the torch from the Isles to the Canucks for the league's laughing stock.

What about Edmonton? We're still pretty laughable.

No, we just shake our heads and tell the children to look away.

I gotta say, it's getting hard to wear my Oilers hat in public now.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ref has to be hyper-incompetent. They said that Reimer covered the puck and he clearly didn't, and the puck was way in for the time before when the whistle was blown.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This ref has to be hyper-incompetent. They said that Reimer covered the puck and he clearly didn't, and the puck was way in for the time before when the whistle was blown.

That was a pretty bad call, but to be fair, the following goal was blatant goalie interference, so it evens out.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That was a pretty bad call, but to be fair, the following goal was blatant goalie interference, so it evens out.

First I thought that the ref waived off that one because of goalie interference. Might have been a makeup call(I will look at it again).

Fortunately, it helps when the Sharks are outshooting the Leafs 28-7 and up 4-1. Just utter dominance from SJ.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Keep pouring it on Jackets!

I was at the game tonight. The Jackets looked totally flat early on. In the 1st, Detroit out shot them 18-8, the Red Wings were the beneficiaries of three highly questionable* power plays in the first 12 or so minutes of the game, and it sure felt like 18 of the first 20 minutes took place right in front of Bobrovsky. All things considered, getting out of the 1st period with a tie was a bit of a gift. The Jackets found their legs in the second and then they hit the afterburners about halfway through the third. They reeled off 3 goals in five minutes and just dominated Detroit. The arena was as loud as I've ever heard it. To be honest, I didn't think the Jackets were capable of playing like they did in the last 10 minutes of the game.

When the Jackets beat the Ducks (sorry, Zach) in their West Coast swing before the break for the Olympics, I said that it seemed like the Ducks had an extra gear that the Jackets didn't have yet. For ten minutes tonight, the Jackets had that extra gear and it was a joy to watch. This team is a lot of fun.

*The officiating was ridiculously one-sided in Detroit's favor pretty much all night.

BB52Big.jpg

First I thought that the ref waived off that one because of goalie interference. Might have been a makeup call(I will look at it again).

Fortunately, it helps when the Sharks are outshooting the Leafs 28-7 and up 4-1. Just utter dominance from SJ.

Yeah a couple of cross checks by Jumbo to Reimer. Ref probably let that go (possibly a make up call) , but yeah it evened out. However, the officiating to start the game was a bit strange to say the least.

Yeah, Thornton was initially shoved onto him, but didn't exactly try to get off of him. Still though, as dominant of an effort from the Sharks tonight, and that's saying something.

This summed up the Leafs' night the best:

cropped_Phaneuf.gif

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Yeah, Thornton was initially shoved onto him, but didn't exactly try to get off of him. Still though, as dominant of an effort from the Sharks tonight, and that's saying something.

This summed up the Leafs' night the best:

cropped_Phaneuf.gif

Can you get suspended by league for leaving your feet for an elbow to the head of your own player? It's just as dangerous as doing it to an opposing player. I know it's not intentional, but the league doesn't care whether or not you intentionally do it to an opposing player.

The NHL is so much more results-oriented when it comes to stuff like that. I don't get it. Imagine if JvR is about a foot closer to Marchand and it cuts JvR across the back and injures him; that's a suspension right there. (although I never really noticed what JvR did until recently; that's also pretty low-brow.)

marchand.gif

spacer.png

The NHL is so much more results-oriented when it comes to stuff like that. I don't get it. Imagine if JvR is about a foot closer to Marchand and it cuts JvR across the back and injures him; that's a suspension right there. (although I never really noticed what JvR did until recently; that's also pretty low-brow.)

marchand.gif

Well he clearly didn't make much if any contact or Marchand wouldn't have been capable of that attempt, but yes the league is 100% results oriented, and it's always annoyed me. Why should two identical acts be punished differently because of the status of the victim.

untitled-6.jpg

marchand.gif

Well he clearly didn't make much if any contact or Marchand wouldn't have been capable of that attempt, but yes the league is 100% results oriented, and it's always annoyed me. Why should two identical acts be punished differently because of the status of the victim.

I hate it as well, but that's how the American justice system works. If I stab you, and the best surgeon in the world is working that night to save you, it's attempted murder. If you die because the new guy who gets dizzy when he sees blood is operating on you (not a great surgeon, but not to the level of malpractice), it's murder.

Archived