2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to sum up all of the Sabres' trades going back to the Vanek deal and see the grand total of what they gave up versus what they got:

Give up:

Vanek
Miller
Ott
Cody McCormick
Brayden McNabb
Jonathan Parker
2014 2nd (Kings' own pick from a previous trade sent back)
2015 2nd (Kings' own pick from a previous trade sent back)
2015 3rd
Get:
2014 or 2015 1st (Isles)
2014 2nd (Wild)
2015 2nd (Isles)
2015 1st (Blues)
2016 2nd (Wild)
complicated conditional pick but at least a third rounder (Blues)
Chris Stewart
William Carrier
Torrey Mitchell
Michael Neuvirth
Rostislav Klesla
Hudson Fasching
Nicolas Deslauriers
I think we did well, since we didn't give up anything of value except for possibly Brayden McNabb. We have at least three other solid defense prospects waiting in the wings, though. The negative is that none of the pieces that we got excite me. The draft picks are pretty solid, but none of the players really seem like they have a lot of potential.

I also just found out the Sens got Defenseman Alex Grant from the ducks for Petersson. Nice move, adds some depth at back, although he is headed to the minors. But he does have two goals in his two NHL games and is a +3, JS. Decent AHL stats as well.

Also, just leaving this here.

1656226_10152215354359477_2087421479_n.j

Can we safely presume that Stamkos gets the "C"?

Yes.

And I have to say that, while Yzerman doesn't like rentals and I get that (not to mention the amount of cap space they'll be able to clear up/have cleared up with St. Louis out and Malone and Purcell's $4.5M hits likely gone next season as well), there is a part of me that now retroactively wishes he would've been able to send, like, a 2nd and Brett Connolly to beat out Montreal's offer (if that even beats it out). Truthfully, that's probably a paper upgrade on wing while still getting better assets than they began the day with.

The bigger takeaway is that Garth Snow is a total, colossal moron. This season just set the Islanders franchise back by several years, and that's the last thing that franchise needed.

spacer.png

What's the last straw if you're an Isles fan? How can you keep coming back to that?

In total, Garth Snow traded Matt Moulson and a 1st Round Pick for Sebastien Collber and a 2nd Round Pick... Garbage.

Meh, winning is overrated.

bold strategy to try and use a disruptive mask as a way of trying to make it more difficult to score goals against the Oilers.

FWIW, my username is ixcuincle

168,078 posts? You make even Tnak look like a weakling over here by comparison. Good G-d dude.

I'm recanting because I'm certain you are pulling my leg here.

Maybe I am...

Wow, and I thought 'Lumbus got fleeced in the Gaborik trade.... how does Garth Snow still have a job?

Because Islanders Owner saw him wearing his shoulder pads the biggest since Joan Crawford scramed no more wire hanger and thught it was all muscle and is afraid of him.

What the :censored: are you talking about?

7347BAD91DA9DAC44972E896595E.jpg

When he played for the Flyers, Snow had shoulder pads that looked were like three times the legal size and it looked he had a Caddilac Hood under his hersey or a small shed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The puck has to be completely over the goal line. No goal. Sorry.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The puck has to be completely over the goal line. No goal. Sorry.

That was from the shootout. They reviewed it and made the correct call. I like the goalie's body language says he thinks it went in.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived