2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, the Blues won today against the Avs, and are a staggering 17-0-1 against their own division. Obviously, their achilles heel has been the Golden State.

Well, this proves that whoever comes out of the Central division will dictate the Western Conference participant in the Stanley Cup Final.

Blues < Kings/Sharks/Ducks

but

Blackhawks > Kings/Sharks/Ducks

Geez, the Blues won today against the Avs, and are a staggering 17-0-1 against their own division. Obviously, their achilles heel has been the Golden State.

Well, this proves that whoever comes out of the Central division will dictate the Western Conference participant in the Stanley Cup Final.

but

I don't know, the Blackhawks only beaten the Ducks once or twice in this season and last season combined.

However I think the West will be represented by one of those five teams.

IbjBaeE.png

but

I don't know, the Blackhawks only beaten the Ducks once or twice in this season and last season combined.

However I think the West will be represented by one of those five teams.

Really going out on a limb there! There's only one other team in the west with a real shot.

Sharks 4 Canadiens 0. Niemi shuts out the Habs for the second time this season.

Attention NHL.com, it's Antti.

xqHsob8.png

Really it's not that hard to look up...

t0OnB94.png

Then again I just went out to eat and am stuffed, so I could just not get the reference. I mean I get the antivirus reference, but maybe I'm missing something else they might be going for.

Two things:

One, I was in Nashville for the Blue Jackets-Predators game. Decent amount of CBJ fans in town. Met a guy at Honky Tonk Central in a Ryan Johansen jersey who said his friend had to make an emergency trip back to Columbus and he had an extra ticket. My friend who was also in town took the ticket and he ended up sitting in the third row in the blue jackets shoot twice end. I sat there in the third period and got to see Artem Anisimov's beauty up close and personal. Lesson for the kids: if you know how to talk to people and you're friendly good things will happen.

Two, Cleveland St. Ignatius and Sylvania Northview tied in the Ohio State championship game. That's right they tied and they will share the state championship. After 7 overtimes they decided it was in the best interests of the kids' safety to end the game. How crazy is that?

edit: third thing: met our good friend Buc after the game. Really cool guy.

edit: fourth thing: Nashville is the real deal when it comes to hockey. Their fans couldn't have been nicer and the arena is top notch. I have nothing negative to say about the Predators fans last night. A lot of hand shakes and congratulations as we were leaving the arena.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I read about that somewhere else online and forgot to post it here. If I was playing in that game I would be extremely pissed off. Playing 10 periods of hockey and not even having it end properly wouldn't sit well with me. The article said that a shootout wasn't an option so why didn't they just schedule a new game?

Regarding that game in Ohio ending in a tie after seven overtimes: were these overtimes run on full-period regulation time, or reduced-time? Because if it was the former, I'd only schedule three overtimes (one additional full game to tack-on), then institute shootouts if needed.

I don't care how hard this governing body wanted to resemble the NHL with unlimited overtimes; at the end of the day, these high school players had their playing limits.

Archived